When the server closed?

Last month I was searching if the server was still up and I have seen that some people have earned the online trophies in March 27th, less than 3 weeks ago. Then I bought the game and was hoping to start it today, but there's a message saying that the server has been discontinued. The last guy to earn the online trophy still is in the same date: March, 27th. They really did close the server less than 3 weeks ago without warning or it's just a temporary issue? Or maybe the server was already closed for some time and those who earned the trophies recently hacked the game? I already searched on google but didn't find anything about the server being discontinued.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

It states it uses PSN matchmaking so it should work until Sony pulls the plug on that.Vita games have been unstable for a while now so keep trying i guess.

http://ragnarokodysseyace.com/ace/index.html

[IMPORTANT] Prison of the Gods server shutdown information

Thank you very much for playing Ragnarok Odyssey ACE.

We regret to inform you that the Prison of the Gods (PotG) server, which includes "Daily Quests" and "Old Card Draw" services, among other features, will be shutting down on April 13, 2015 at 6:00pm.

Even after the PotG server shuts down, the following services will still be active as before:
(1)Regular gameplay, including the boss rush from the Prison of the Gods expansion. (If you’re wondering why that’ll still work, it’s because the patch installs the boss rush directly onto your system, and it doesn’t require the server to function, while the other PotG features do.)
(2)Downloadable content.
(3)Ad-hoc multiplayer.
(4)Online multiplayer via PSN.

Below is the shutdown schedule.

■■SCHEDULE■■
March 9, 2015 5:00pm: End of " Emperium Shard" sales
April 13, 2015 5:00pm: End of "Prison of the Gods" services
※Information regarding the "Old Card Draw" and other in-game event dates will be notified through in-game notifications.

■■What will change after the PotG server shutdown■■
The following options will no longer be available after the PotG server shutdown:
Title Menu: Online Services / Server Access Rights
Norn Exchange: Exchanging "Emperium Shards" and "Emperium Fragments" for other valuable items. / "Card Album" / “Old Cart Album” / Exchanging "Emperium Fragments" for "Prismatic Dust." / History / Terms of Service / Notice from Server
Quest Counter: Daily Quest / Rankings / "Emperium Fragments" / "Emperium Shards" / Norn Tickets /
Other: Login bonus

※Important notice regarding "Norn Tickets."
After the PotG server shutdown, users will no longer be able to obtain Norn Tickets as rewards for completing online multiplayer quests.
Also, users will no longer be able to use Norn Tickets, Emperium Fragments or Emperium Shards after the shutdown, so please be sure to use these items before the shutdown on April 13, 2015.

We sincerely thank all Ragnarok Odyssey ACE players, and although the PotG server will be ending, we will continue to operate the game’s other features for your enjoyment till the very end.

Edited by Dreamcast12

Just now, Dreamcast12 said:

I have seen that, but it really was closed in 2015? Like I said, how so much people got the online trophies in these 5 years? Obviously they aren't hackers. This post is about the closure of Prison of the Gods server, "which includes "Daily Quests" and "Old Card Draw" services, among other features", it doesn't say anything about the co-op quests. If the co-op quests are a P2P feature, then it doesn't need a server.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

6 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

I have seen that, but it really was closed in 2015? Like I said, how so much people got the online trophies in these 5 years? Obviously they aren't hackers. This post is about the closure of Prison of the Gods server, "which includes "Daily Quests" and "Old Card Draw" services, among other features", it doesn't say anything about the co-op quests. If the co-op quests are a P2P feature, then it doesn't need a server.

They use Sonys internal matchmaking service for coop as thats a bit flacky on the vita it might be unstable right now.

3 minutes ago, Dreamcast12 said:

They use Sonys internal matchmaking service for coop as thats a bit flacky on the vita it might be unstable right now.

How? can you explain it Please?

Edited by Tiricy

I confirm that the online game is still working. I'm still playing it.

In fact, you must play in solo mode until quest 1-6 to unlock the online feature in the game.

Very important: the online is locked by region. You can only play with people from the same version of your game (NA, JP and EU & Oceania).
About the shutdown of Prison of the God, only the daily quests have been stopped (Because of the hackers).
It does not affect the platinum. These quests were used to earn special cards (called ACE) which made the game easier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nerillio said:

I confirm that the online game is still working. I'm still playing it.

In fact, you must play in solo mode until quest 1-6 to unlock the online feature in the game.

Very important: the online is locked by region. You can only play with people from the same version of your game (NA, JP and EU & Oceania).
About the shutdown of Prison of the God, only the daily quests have been stopped (Because of the hackers).
It does not affect the platinum. These quests were used to earn special cards (called ACE) which made the game easier.

The online still works on both? PS3 and Vita?

Edit: I tested it on a secondary account. It works on PS3. Thanks.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...