fate grinding method that I want to share to save people a lot of effort

spiddel

4 hours ago, spiddel said:

for anyone needing to do 3000 fates from scratch I'd recommend killing the two boss fates in the north of outer la noscea that loop into each other infinitely as a blue mage using spells with death effects.

can easily do more than 60 an hour so 3000 is still bad but not as bad as it seems.

My blue mage is only lv 8 lol. I think i´ll do some fates with him to lv up and grinding in meantime. Which spells have death effect?

51 minutes ago, regislc30 said:

My blue mage is only lv 8 lol. I think i´ll do some fates with him to lv up and grinding in meantime. Which spells have death effect?

missile

doom

ultravibration

would be the useful ones for doing this.

also I'm in the process of uploading an old 16 hour vod of me doing 1000 fates to youtube and will post it here as a reference for what I am even talking about. in case anyone wants to make a guide of sorts.

9 hours ago, spiddel said:

also I'm in the process of uploading an old 16 hour vod of me doing 1000 fates to youtube and will post it here as a reference for what I am even talking about. in case anyone wants to make a guide of sorts.

Lol If Im gonna upload a vod of me crafting and gathering collectables itll prob last at least 60 hours. FATEs because of Blue Mage are easier to blitz through. Granted I only have about 400ish left. Thank god I did so many fates for relics, yokai watch and the FATE vendors for Shadowbringers beforehand lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Weave in some fun FATEs so you don't get bored. I like doing relic weapon grinds and there is always that Yo-Kai Watch event, I got into the game when it was on ast year and enjoyed doing it. :)

If I have to grab Blue Mage again, I will not do the class quests. I think the story is neat but the required one-on-ones are painful. :(

Edited by faint-magician2

• 1 month later...

Uh, how do you get those skills on a Level 8 Blue Mage? Don't you have to be in Stormblood to get Ultravibration? Also, you get Doom for clearing 25 Masked Carnival stages which is impossible until you get to Level 50 on Blue Mage. I mean, you could just have someone carry you unsynced but you'd have to be very lucky not to get one shot.

• 6 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, regislc30 said:

My blue mage is only lv 8 lol. I think i´ll do some fates with him to lv up

Sorry to necropost this, but to this poster: Good luck in life if you expect FATEs to be the best way to level Blue Mage, it's not. This is because Blue Mage gains experience differently for all the normal jobs due to it being a LIMITED job: You gain tons of experience just by going out and killing normal overworld mobs because they give a HUGE exp boost for kills. This only works for OVERWORLD mobs: Dungeons, levequests and ESPECIALLY FATEs do not give you decent EXP, only killing normal enemies wandering the world do. That's the fastest way to get from Level 8 to Level 70. However, this EXP bonus drops if you kill enemies five levels below you, so you need to keep traveling to fight enemies around your level. I got Level 70 in the Ruby Sea after a while. Quick tip: Get The Ram's Voice from either the final boss of Cutter's Cry or Azulmagia in the Masked Carnivale, then when you get around Level 61, go to the Peaks and find the Kugamoto bugs near Gir Alania to learn Ultravibration. Ram's Voice will 100% freeze normal mobs and Ultravibration will one-shot them no matter how much health they have, but only if they are frozen. Get Hydro Pull at Skala too, this is the best AoE and can be spammed. But until then, get what you can. There are blue magic lists online.

I hope that clears up the misconception.

Oh yeah, and I want to redact my prior post: While it is possible to get high level skills on a Level 8 Blue Mage, you have to get them to aggro you and they will probably one-shot kill you before you buddy can pull aggro on them, so you also need a healer to revive you. :(

Edited by winter_bird_22

• 1 month later...

In the clip in the guide, where he uses Blue Mage to do the two FATEs back and forth, it takes about 2 min and 30 sec. I tried to do it with a already lvl 70 job (machinist in my case), with my companion, even though it was never a health problem, but he does some extra damage. It took about 3 min and 30 sec, so it took another min every rotation (2 FATEs). So depending on how many FATEs you have left and what level and skills your Blue Mage have, it might not be worth lvling Blue Mage first and getting all requierd skills for the grind. For every 500 FATEs you have left, it will be a little more than 4 hours extra grinding, but if you have all 3000 FATEs to do, then just one minute more, will be about 25 more hours of FATE grinding.

So using this FATE grind method with a another job, is possible if you are ok with the extra hours of grind, rather than leveling and getting skills for Blue Mage.

How can I set up a gaming session on the site to bribe a max level Blue Mage to party up with my White Mage so I can farm 250 of those FATEs for my Thyrus Novus? (Yes, I know that I can solo Tam Tara in 3 minutes and FATEs only give 8 light as opposed to the 48 from Tam Tara but if you take a Nexus relic from scratch and just do FATEs for light farming you will get 250 FATEs towards the trophy, killing two birds with one stone.)

• 3 weeks later...

And here is an addendum. If you do the Zodiac Zeta part(where you awaken the Mahatma and grind out light for them), you only need 40 light for them and FATEs give the worst amount, only 4 light... but you only need 10 FATEs to awaken each Mahatma, so you will 120 FATEs under your belt if you do this step with only FATEs. If you do it for ALL ten weapons, you get 1200 FATEs, that's over 1/3 of the amount for Destiny's Child trophy!

Of course, you have to do the previous step, which will cost you over 10 million gil, so I don't recommend it. I am doing it only because Kess Asaph is going to store every damn relic weapon, even suffering EUREKA to get those 15 weapons.

I wanted to let everyone on this thread know that I am going to work out a live stream because I am getting close to 2000 FATEs and once I hit 2500, I might live stream the final push to 3000 FATEs and the final trophy I need for the platinum. I am going to dedicate that stream to a petition to Square-Enix to bring back the Yokai Watch event for 2022 because I enjoyed that event in 2019 and think it would be cool to have Yokai glam for Sage and Reaper weapons. ;)

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 3:03 AM, Morfea said:

In the clip in the guide, where he uses Blue Mage to do the two FATEs back and forth, it takes about 2 min and 30 sec. I tried to do it with a already lvl 70 job (machinist in my case), with my companion, even though it was never a health problem, but he does some extra damage. It took about 3 min and 30 sec, so it took another min every rotation (2 FATEs). So depending on how many FATEs you have left and what level and skills your Blue Mage have, it might not be worth lvling Blue Mage first and getting all requierd skills for the grind. For every 500 FATEs you have left, it will be a little more than 4 hours extra grinding, but if you have all 3000 FATEs to do, then just one minute more, will be about 25 more hours of FATE grinding.

So using this FATE grind method with a another job, is possible if you are ok with the extra hours of grind, rather than leveling and getting skills for Blue Mage.

I also wanna add something for this blue mage method and I think the trophy guide writers should add this to the guide as well. After beating the Full Metal Alchemist FATE, there's a bit of a delay before you can fight the boss in the Making the Rounds FATE. Instead of going straight there, go and do Minor in the Mirror or Stopping the Shakes, which are FATEs that appear just outside the entrance to the mines (directly south of Making the Rounds). There won't always be one active there, but keep an eye out on your map. Then go to Making the Rounds and keep going back and forth between that and FMA until another one appears south, then do it after FMA and before Making the Rounds. It's a bit more efficient that way.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but I'd just like to add a little something to help speed up the grind for Blue Mages. If you are using The Ram's Voice + Ultravibration method to grind the two FATEs that OP is referring to, rather than waiting for the Ultravibration cooldown or trying something like tail screw until it suceeds, just fire up the duty finder, unsync and start a dungeon then immediately leave. The cooldown will have reset without having to wait and you're good to go. I was knocking the two out within 60-65 seconds

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, regislc30 said:

My blue mage is only lv 8 lol. I think i´ll do some fates with him to lv up

Blue Mage won't get much EXP from FATEs, the trick is that you gain a ton more EXP on Blue Mage from regular overworld mob kills. FATEs, dungeons and other methods people use to level don't work, especially since Blue Mage cannot due leveling and main scenario roulettes.