Trophy Thoughts

I'm super excited for this remaster and the list looks pretty straightforward. Some of the characters are only available on some playthroughs, thus your gonna need to be careful to get all of the missable ones. Otherwise, the only tricky one on the list is beating Virgil in two turns. If my memory serves me right, that's gonna take two different 5 move combos in a row.

• Like 1

Haven't played this in years, so definitely looking forward to it again. Only bad thing I remember was having to rebuild your characters again every time you start a new story. That and the totally random stat gains and learned skills.

I wonder if the book I bought for it back in 2000 will still work? Well for most of it as I heard they added a new playable character to the game.

Looks like a pretty decent list.

I assume a lot of stuff like like the recruiting characters trophies are highly missable.  But I heard that a lot of the scenarios are pretty short. And the additions of new game+ and speed-boosting will probably soften the frustration a lot.

I'm curious on how hard the "Pushing Limits" one is... 

Edited by shenl742

Surprised this is somehow playable already (my pre-loaded pre-order unlocked today anyway), thought it was releasing tomorrow. Edit: False alarm, I got a notification saying it was "now available to play", but after updating the PS4 to 8.50, the timer is back, till midnight it seems.

Anyway, despite the original being in my backlog forever, I never got around to this, so can't comment much on the trophy list. Just based off the trophy descriptions, it seems fairly straightforward, with perhaps some annoying trophies thrown in there. Will wait for a trophy guide before I decide whether or not I want to attempt the plat.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

Huh. I didn’t know they added a new playable character.

The trophies seem straightforward, though I remember some of the bosses in the developer room to be tough (I’m assuming Masked Fiend is one of the special bosses there?). Getting all recruitable characters is probably over multiple play throughs, unless something drastic has changed. 

I don’t know what “glimmering” a technique is; is that just learning one in that weird flash?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

The ol' "I never played this and am interested, but there are missables and I don't want to spoil anything" conundrum... I'll definitely pick it up though at least

If you're worried of spoiling story content, don't be. SaGa games do not have much story, they're very gameplay driven RPGs. There is only enough story to give context as to why you're running around the world building a party and murdering dudes.

But even if it's the gameplay experience you don't wanna spoil, well, each character's story is fairly short so a replay isn't too big a deal. Even going in 100% blind you'll likely finish with your first character in less then 10 hours. Doing a replay is significantly faster since you'll know exactly where to go. Plus they're adding in various NG+ features into this remaster and a double game speed option.

8 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

If anyone checks if the Junk Shop glitch still works, let me know

Confirmed. Both Junk Shop and Gold Ingot glitches still work. Breezing through Red's story with Zero Swords and Powered Suits lmao.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don’t know what “glimmering” a technique is; is that just learning one in that weird flash?

Yes, you are right.

About the recruit-people trophies, I think they are connected to the system data because I recruit Fei-on in Emilia story and then Mei-ling in Riki's and I unlock the related thropy (which is Red Threads).

Anyway I'm playing SaGa Frontier right now and it's awesome!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Anyone have an idea how to unlock Shopaholic?

I guess Gold trick + a shop list guide, did you already try that way? There was another trick to gain money faster, but i don't remember it right now. As far as I know (which is... not much actually) there aren't so many shops in this game. Not sure if magic-related shops will count for Shopaholic though ?

Also, as far as I can tell, the guides for the original are good for this Remastered, but for a 100% guide for Asellus and Fuse we may have to wait since the first have new content and the latter is totally new.

Ps. I thought the max number of characters for a route was 15, but I just notice the "Other" section and... people online say that you can recruit as many people you want. Guess I'm gonna catch 'em all then! Pokémon Frontier, here I come ?

Edited by Konzel-Erre

16 hours ago, Bawzton said:

Has anyone done pushing limits yet? I have no idea what that even is><

Spoiler

While playing as Fuse you can recruit all of the main characters (minus the one your investigating). Before the final battle, you can talk to each of them and fight there specific final boss. Once you beat all 6, the 7th boss will be supercharged.

Edit: I made it vague, but I'll still put a spoiler tag incase.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:
  Reveal hidden contents

While playing as Fuse you can recruit all of the main characters (minus the one your investigating). Before the final battle, you can talk to each of them and fight there specific final boss. Once you beat all 6, the 7th boss will be supercharged.

Edit: I made it vague, but I'll still put a spoiler tag incase.

Is it just me or are these super bosses a pain in the ass? Tried a few different ones and holy moly i keep getting my ass handed to me.

On 18/4/2021 at 4:57 AM, archangel9978 said:

Someone wanna share the gold glitch?

If you search "SaGa Frontier gold ingot trick" you find everything you need... in a better way that I can provide xD

To start the gold ingot trick you need a good amount of credit (5000 if I recall well) which you can obtain by fighting a lot of random dudes or with the so-called "junk shop glitch" which I recomend you to search on Google. Both tactics are no complex things, but there are a lot of pages explaining those glitches in a very good and detailed way ;)

On 4/17/2021 at 9:57 PM, archangel9978 said:

Someone wanna share the gold glitch?

Here you go: 

On 4/15/2021 at 7:46 AM, starcrunch061 said:

By the way, is there anyone out there that still has the old strategy guide for this one? I do.

Yup!  I've been using it a bit in my Twitch playthrough of the original. :D  I use the receipt as a bookmark, dated 10-30-1998 from FuncoLand. :D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TesseractE said:

Here you go: 

Yup!  I've been using it a bit in my Twitch playthrough of the original. :D  I use the receipt as a bookmark, dated 10-30-1998 from FuncoLand. :D

I used to go to a mom and pop store called Marx TV Games in the mid-late 90s as a kid and the owner always called Funcoland F U land. He was salty as hell lol.