Trophy Thoughts

4 hours ago, Bawzton said:

I used to go to a mom and pop store called Marx TV Games in the mid-late 90s as a kid and the owner always called Funcoland F U land. He was salty as hell lol.

I always thought of it as a really weird name to replace the likes of 'Babbage's' and 'Software, Etc'.  Bought my first PlayStation at FuncoLand, though!

On 4/14/2021 at 1:16 PM, Caldor2K2 said:

Only bad thing I remember was having to rebuild your characters again every time you start a new story.

If I recall, they added a new NG+ feature that lets you carry over your skills and stats on your characters when you do a new character, so if you start with Lute and build him up to good stats and skills, you can have them carry over to every other character. This is probably going to be vital to complete the new Fuse story since you have to fight all final bosses and the last one you fight gains stats to 11.

• Like 1

Hi folks, I have never played this game before and I trying to play this version, but I am having difficulties to do some trophies like: recruiting the people needed, finding some related trophy boss and how I change riki in a dragon or dullahan for example. I see that there are a lot of guys here that knows this game by heart and if you don't mind sharing this knowledge with us please. I will be very grateful

17 hours ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

Hi folks, I have never played this game before and I trying to play this version, but I am having difficulties to do some trophies like: recruiting the people needed, finding some related trophy boss and how I change riki in a dragon or dullahan for example. I see that there are a lot of guys here that knows this game by heart and if you don't mind sharing this knowledge with us please. I will be very grateful

I can help you with the monster question. For BlackDragon, you need to have these skills in his roster:

• Fang
  • Petrifying Gas
  • Tail Swipe (not sure about this one)

For Dullahan, you need to have these skills:

• Deathsynthesis (absorbed from most undead)
  • Hypnosis
  • One gaze move (I got mine with Crippling Gaze)
  • Frigid Smash (absorb from Snowfolk or IceCrystals) or Heat Smash (I think Fire Crystals have this)

As for the trophy boss, are you talking about Abyssbat? He appears in the Ancient Ship, in that large area where you are zoomed out, you have to kill the bat encounters then zone out. There is a 25% chance he appears if you kill enough bats.

19 hours ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

Someone on reddit made a giant spreadsheet on who you can get with each character and how:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rixTd9KaStkVUh-z_J5r79Ng-cWb-YZWBbHA9k90hAI/edit#gid=0

Just save a copy for yourself and tally off as needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faint-magician2 said:

I can help you with the monster question. For BlackDragon, you need to have these skills in his roster:

• Fang
  • Petrifying Gas
  • Tail Swipe (not sure about this one)

For Dullahan, you need to have these skills:

• Deathsynthesis (absorbed from most undead)
  • Hypnosis
  • One gaze move (I got mine with Crippling Gaze)
  • Frigid Smash (absorb from Snowfolk or IceCrystals) or Heat Smash (I think Fire Crystals have this)

As for the trophy boss, are you talking about Abyssbat? He appears in the Ancient Ship, in that large area where you are zoomed out, you have to kill the bat encounters then zone out. There is a 25% chance he appears if you kill enough bats.

Nice bro, I will try to absorb these skill to get these monsters. thanks a lot =)

1 hour ago, Norava said:

Someone on reddit made a giant spreadsheet on who you can get with each character and how:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rixTd9KaStkVUh-z_J5r79Ng-cWb-YZWBbHA9k90hAI/edit#gid=0

Just save a copy for yourself and tally off as needed.

I have made a copy for me, thanks a lot dude.

I was hoping to use T260's scenario for Technological Comrades and found that I can't recruit Rabbit, which you need for that trophy. And you can't recruit Leonard or ZEKE outside of T260's scenario. Likewise, the only place to get Red Turnip, which you need for the Monsters trophy, is only found in Asellus's scenario, but she can't recruit Riki. That confirms that you have to save scum in Fuse's scenario, so he HAS to be able to recruit all of the characters. Also, there is a trophy for recruiting everyone so unless Square-Enix hates our guts, Fuse is the only scenario you can get these two trophies in. (Haven't gone to Kyo yet with T260 because he's trapped in Tartaros right now but I'll go check.) :(

I find that stupid as heck because T260's scenario should allow you to recruit all the robots and Riki should let you recruit all the monsters. On the plus side, you can recruit all of the mystics in Asellus's scenario... although I think the game trolls you because White Rose is taken out when Zozma joins. :(

Also, Lute will automatically pop the Special Operative trophy because Captain Hamilton joins you when you visit her on her ship. (You do not have to go to the final dungeon in Lute's scenario and I started with Lute to make him OP in the other scenarios he joins in.)

However, I got Secret Organization with Blue because I ended up picking up everyone in Gradius during the Rune quest since Liza and Anne have to join to get the Freedom and Victory Runes. Also, how does Ren join??? I thought he was only in Emilia's scenario as (spoiler)!

Edited by faint-magician2

3 hours ago, faint-magician2 said:

I was hoping to use T260's scenario for Technological Comrades and found that I can't recruit Rabbit, which you need for that trophy. And you can't recruit Leonard or ZEKE outside of T260's scenario. Likewise, the only place to get Red Turnip, which you need for the Monsters trophy, is only found in Asellus's scenario, but she can't recruit Riki. That confirms that you have to save scum in Fuse's scenario, so he HAS to be able to recruit all of the characters. Also, there is a trophy for recruiting everyone so unless Square-Enix hates our guts, Fuse is the only scenario you can get these two trophies in. (Haven't gone to Kyo yet with T260 because he's trapped in Tartaros right now but I'll go check.) :(

I find that stupid as heck because T260's scenario should allow you to recruit all the robots and Riki should let you recruit all the monsters. On the plus side, you can recruit all of the mystics in Asellus's scenario... although I think the game trolls you because White Rose is taken out when Zozma joins. :(

Also, Lute will automatically pop the Special Operative trophy because Captain Hamilton joins you when you visit her on her ship. (You do not have to go to the final dungeon in Lute's scenario and I started with Lute to make him OP in the other scenarios he joins in.)

However, I got Secret Organization with Blue because I ended up picking up everyone in Gradius during the Rune quest since Liza and Anne have to join to get the Freedom and Victory Runes. Also, how does Ren join??? I thought he was only in Emilia's scenario as (spoiler)!

The trophies for recruitment go across multiple playthroughs. So you don't need to worry about getting them all at once, as long as they were recruited by someone once at some point is enough.

• Like 1

So yeah, I admit I have to eat crow. (Not,THAT Crow, you Persona 5 fans! Geesh, get your mind out the gutter! ?)

I discovered that the trophies for having all of the members of a team do not have to be earned with one cast member. I found that out when Fei-On joined me in Tanzer during Asellus scenario(I was doing the Rune Quest to try to get Annie and Liza) and I thought "I couldn't get Mei-Ling with Asellus... wait, but I DID have to recruit her in T260G's scenario!" So recently I checked and, after recruiting Rabbit and BJ3K3 with Red, the Technological Marvels trophy popped because I had recruited the others in T260G's scenario.

Sadly, I missed Rei in Asellus's quest because the game never tells you that you need to get White Rose in your party alone and visit the Red Chamber to get a dialogue. *facepalm* Now she won't join, she just insults Asellus. :( I hope you can recruit her in Fuse's casefile because I am NOT glad to have to redo Asellus's story.

10 hours ago, Guldiien said:

The trophies for recruitment go across multiple playthroughs. So you don't need to worry about getting them all at once, as long as they were recruited by someone once at some point is enough.

Yeah, sorry. Too bad I can't delete the older post.