DoL/DoH Collectible grinding?

LezardValeth80

I've been a player since the initial PS3 release and while most of the trophies aren't too bad - these seems BRUTAL! After almost 10 years of playing, I have a whopping 500 out of the 5000 crafted collectibles I need. Granted, I was more of a battle player and didn't focus on crafting too much, but does anyone have any tips for this?

Also, it seems that the DoL collectibles are only counting the ones from timed unspoiled nodes, can anyone confirm that? if so, this trophy could take a long long time to grind out. 

any crafted collectables count so the custom delivery ones with vendor bought materials that you can max the progress of in 1 step would be the best way to grind it out.

likewise any gathered collectables count, fastest way would be to use 1 action that raises collectability then collect for the rest and discard once your bag is full. 

not too much work but probably like 30 hours of pain, you can move discard to the top of the item subcommand menu to help reduce the nimber of button presses discarding things over and over will take.

6 minutes ago, chellesan said:

Wait only timed unspoiled nodes, no wonder the trophies don't pop if I gather the normal way and only crafted collectibles to, I need to check that out 

As long as you gather collectables they count, custom deliveries are available anytime, not timed.

Ive been gathering Rarefied Manasilver Sand in the Rak'tika Greatwood as they are not on a timer. You can rotate between the 3 nearby locations and as long as they are over 400 in collectability you can trade them in crazy fast at the collector in Elumore. You'll only get 3/4 (2 when your out of GP but as long as you have cordial thats not too often) at a time but im doing around 140 every 20 minutes.

Edited by Dyna

18 minutes ago, Dyna said:

Ive been gathering Rarefield Manasilver Sand in the Rak'tika Greatwood as they are not on a timer. You can rotate between the 3 nearby locations and as long as they are over 400 in collectability you can trade them in crazy fast at the collector in Elumore. You'll only get 3/4 (2 when your out of GP but as long as you have cordial thats not too often) at a time but im doing around 140 every 20 minutes.

Have you tried just gathering lvl 50 collectables without caring about collectability? I'm just wondering how your method compares to that since I'm planning to hammer out the gatherer collectables trophy after the crafter ones.

21 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Have you tried just gathering lvl 50 collectables without caring about collectability? I'm just wondering how your method compares to that since I'm planning to hammer out the gatherer collectables trophy after the crafter ones.

I tried grinding the lower level collectables (Phial of Thermal Fluid) without a good collectability but because they arent reducable and you cant trade in low collectability levels discarding them one by one in the inventory was insanely tedious! That's why I went for the higher level one's so that you can trade in for scrips because you can hand them all in super fast but just spamming one button.

You could use garland tools to work out a good rotation for the timed nodes if you wanted to do them instead: http://garlandtools.org/bell/, you could find ones that can be reduced, keep them super low level and once your full just reduce em all down in the Aetherial Reduction menu. Might try that later actually to see if its any faster!

Edited by Dyna

3 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I've been doing Rarefied Bright Flax in Lakeland at Laxan Loft, but yeah, similarly to what the other guy said, it's really frustrating to throw this garbage out one by one.

For crafting collectibles, do much lower levelled ones than you are yourself and you will get be able to 2 button craft them all. Custom deliveries are good for this as their mats are easily obtained, or even some lower levelled collectible for scripts... but imo, it's not worth it, do something that progresses to something else. There's even Expert crafts which should count as you are essentially making collectibles for these and if you are going for a certain mount, you can easily get 5000+ collectables crafted out of this.

Gathering collectibles... literally do one collectable buff, collect. That's it.

4 hours ago, DEMON said:

For crafting collectibles, do much lower levelled ones than you are yourself and you will get be able to 2 button craft them all. Custom deliveries are good for this as their mats are easily obtained, or even some lower levelled collectible for scripts... but imo, it's not worth it, do something that progresses to something else. There's even Expert crafts which should count as you are essentially making collectibles for these and if you are going for a certain mount, you can easily get 5000+ collectables crafted out of this.

Gathering collectibles... literally do one collectable buff, collect. That's it.

Hi, sorry for the super newbie question but I’m new to the game and with the release of the PS5 version I decided to play as my first MMO ever. 

However, I have a question regarding those crafting and gathering collectibles.

I started the carpenter and botanist guilds quests and with it all the crafting and gathering, however the stats for those trophies aren’t moving; am I doing something wrong? Or should I leave those for later? Just so you know I’m playing the Beta ps5 version free trial as a new player, I do plan on getting the complete edition after I finish heavensward 

Thanks in advance for any help.  

Edited by TwilightSpira
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TwilightSpira said:

Hi, sorry for the super newbie question but I’m new to the game and with the release of the PS5 version I decided to play as my first MMO ever. 

However, I have a question regarding those crafting and gathering collectibles.

I started the carpenter and botanist guilds quests and with it all the crafting and gathering, however the stats for those trophies aren’t moving; am I doing something wrong? Or should I leave those for later? Just so you know I’m playing the Beta ps5 version free trial as a new player, I do plan on getting the complete edition after I finish heavensward 

Thanks in advance for any help.  

I'm sure someone has a more thorough answer to this, but you specifically need something called a "Collectible", which doesn't unlock until your relevant job is level 50, as far as I'm aware. You'll notice the item having a small white square box thing on the right hand side, if it's indeed a collectible, whether crafted (synthesized) or gathered. You'll also be able to recognize a collectible in your inventory by the same icon and by the fact that they don't stack at all - and they can't be sold. 

Here's one of many resources worth looking into: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Collectables

Edited by DKShadow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DKShadow said:

I'm sure someone has a more thorough answer to this, but you specifically need something called a "Collectible", which doesn't unlock until your relevant job is level 50, as far as I'm aware. You'll notice the item having a small white square box thing on the right hand side, if it's indeed a collectible, whether crafted (synthesized) or gathered. You'll also be able to recognize a collectible in your inventory by the same icon and by the fact that they don't stack at all - and they can't be sold. 

Here's one of many resources worth looking into: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Collectables

Thank you so much 

I’ll check that, it’s actually fun, playing this game is like trying to learn a new language it’s all so different from everything I played before. 

• Like 3

Ok the gathering collectables are even more of a pain in the ass than the crafting ones I've got to say. Ferrying between nodes and having to click one more button for a forced collectability sucks. I swear by the end of this I'll have thumb arthritis lmao.

• Like 2

I'm a noob to crafting/gathering. I'm using the ishgard collectibles to level now and I feel like I'll be 80 in all crafters well before 1000 even. I don't think I want to do the grind for the sake of it, but actually do something meaningful. What would be meaningful here once I get my crafters to 80.

As for gatherers...oof I don't even know.

Anyone looking to longterm play and not just do the trophies as fast as possible like is typically seen on this website should look into doing the Skybuilder stuff in the Firmament of Ishgard. They should count as far as I'm aware but I haven't double checked yet cause it isn't something I've ever thought about until now.

The reason I mention this is because you would need thousands upon thousands of Skybuilder scrips to get all the exclusive items from there. Which means you'll need to craft hundreds of collectibles to turn-in. I don't know if the Diadem gathering stuff counts as collectibles though so you can't exactly kill 2 birds with 1 stone there unless they do.

You can also convert the Skybuilder scrips into items you can sell for probably more than anything from the White/Yellow scrips you would be getting normally. Albino Karakul Horn is anywhere from 600k-900k for example.

If the Skybuilder collectibles do at least work for crafting, that's definitely something you probably don't want to ignore instead of just wasting them. At least it's worth testing before you start grinding. I know that's what I'll be working towards if they do count when I go to check later.

Again just make sure to check first to see if they count cause I haven't had a chance to get back into the game yet today to see myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zeth07 said:

Anyone looking to longterm play and not just do the trophies as fast as possible like is typically seen on this website should look into doing the Skybuilder stuff in the Firmament of Ishgard. They should count as far as I'm aware but I haven't double checked yet cause it isn't something I've ever thought about until now.

The reason I mention this is because you would need thousands upon thousands of Skybuilder scrips to get all the exclusive items from there. Which means you'll need to craft hundreds of collectibles to turn-in. I don't know if the Diadem gathering stuff counts as collectibles though so you can't exactly kill 2 birds with 1 stone there unless they do.

You can also convert the Skybuilder scrips into items you can sell for probably more than anything from the White/Yellow scrips you would be getting normally. Albino Karakul Horn is anywhere from 600k-900k for example.

If the Skybuilder collectibles do at least work for crafting, that's definitely something you probably don't want to ignore instead of just wasting them. At least it's worth testing before you start grinding. I know that's what I'll be working towards if they do count when I go to check later.

Again just make sure to check first to see if they count cause I haven't had a chance to get back into the game yet today to see myself.

They count. Been using them to level my crafters. Ok, so I'll keep going with crafting for Ishgard then. Anything else I should lookout for once I get them all leveled up?

18 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Anything else I should lookout for once I get them all leveled up?

If you eventually buy all the exclusive stuff from Skybuilder scrips which will take a while, the regular collectibles that do Yellow scrips have the Master Books III through VIII if you haven't already got them. That's 2,500 Yellow Scrips for all the applicable ones, which is 20,000 Yellow Scrips total.

There are also some orchestrion rolls/housing items available from Yellow Scrips. If you eventually gear up to doing White Scrips you can further gear out your classes pretty easily through them before you decide to craft the crafting set itself if you didn't just buy the best outright. You could also just buy crafting materia with the Yellow/White scrips or other materials to sell.

Gathering Scrips would be the same thing just different songs/items/folklore books/materia. There's also the Chocobo Raincoat for your companion chocobo from Yellow Gathering Scrips.

If you have the patience for it and are committed to playing the game long term I definitely wouldn't just let all those collectibles go to waste both the gathering and crafting cause that's A LOT to do just to throw it all away or be worthless and not do turn-ins for them, even if it takes longer.

But people can do whatever they want.

Even doing something relevant and not only seeking trophies, 8000 gathering collectibles is so high. I´m doing this since heavensward to lv up gathering classes and getting collectibles to other things, but i had less than 4000 before this new trophy list. Now i'm getting collectibles for white scrips and trading for materia VIII to sell. At least having some return in this time investiment.

On 16/04/2021 at 8:59 AM, zeth07 said:

This makes it so much better, thank you! I didn't realise Skybuilder stuff would count towards this! This way I'll be working on getting tons of items I still wanted in the first place and there's quite a few in-game achievements too getting to a certain amount of points with each crafting class. It'll still take ages but at least there's a point now. Before I've only been doing collectables to level up with the custom deliveries and that has barely made me reach 1000 over the past few years. 

I'm pretty sure the answer is no but.. does Diadem gathering also count? It's been so long I don't recall if it was collectables or just normal gathering. Pretty sure it was the latter..

10 minutes ago, Adilya said:

This makes it so much better, thank you! I didn't realise Skybuilder stuff would count towards this! This way I'll be working on getting tons of items I still wanted in the first place and there's quite a few in-game achievements too getting to a certain amount of points with each crafting class. It'll still take ages but at least there's a point now. Before I've only been doing collectables to level up with the custom deliveries and that has barely made me reach 1000 over the past few years. 

I'm pretty sure the answer is no but.. does Diadem gathering also count? It's been so long I don't recall if it was collectables or just normal gathering. Pretty sure it was the latter..

I'm fairly certain diadem has no collectibles unfortunately. Something we're all also forgetting is that we have no idea what the Island Sanctuary Animal Crossing type content will be like in Endwalker. It could make gathering collectibles easier for all we know and be more fun/rewarding. 

• Like 2