Chapter 7

dodgedoors

I had a hell of a time beating this on normal so I can only imagine how much it sucks on hard. I got adrenaline packs then jumped off the left side of the area where your guys are and went up the ladder and kind of tucked myself into a corner and would kill guys as they came up the ladder. Then when the thing gets in place I jumped down and ran back up to it and started shooting them...

• Like 1

I had a hell of a time beating this on normal so I can only imagine how much it sucks on hard. I got adrenaline packs then jumped off the left side of the area where your guys are and went up the ladder and kind of tucked myself into a corner and would kill guys as they came up the ladder. Then when the thing gets in place I jumped down and ran back up to it and started shooting them...

I made it through that part by the skin of my teeth after an hour of trying, but now I Can't get through the turret sequence, there are way too many guys and I can't figure out what to attack first, other than the guys on the bridge and the people closest, but I don't make it very far at all. It's maddening, I spent 5 hours last night trying to beat that 2 minute sequence.

Jeez. I took out the closest guys on the left, then the flying things, then random guys behind sheilds etc in the field, then came back to kill the guys who are close on the right. When its about to be over hell say theyre retreating or something, and then after a few more kills the screen will go black and the trophy will pop and its finally over lol. Like I said I played on normal and it says I died 54 times in that section lol. At least 5-10 of those deaths came while in the turret. When you go to chapter select it tells you how many times you died in each check point. This section is the only part of the game that took more than a few tries. I didnt know what to do at first I was just running around trying to stay alive and then I realized what to do and it still took a while before I found a good spot to stay alive in. Good luck man...

Edited by jdizzle0420

Jeez. I took out the closest guys on the left, then the flying things, then random guys behind sheilds etc in the field, then came back to kill the guys who are close on the right. When its about to be over hell say theyre retreating or something, and then after a few more kills the screen will go black and the trophy will pop and its finally over lol. Like I said I played on normal and it says I died 54 times in that section lol. At least 5-10 of those deaths came while in the turret. When you go to chapter select it tells you how many times you died in each check point. This section is the only part of the game that took more than a few tries. I didnt know what to do at first I was just running around trying to stay alive and then I realized what to do and it still took a while before I found a good spot to stay alive in. Good luck man...

I wish we could do that Invite a friend to complete a section of the game thing that is coming soon.  Internet assist or whatever it is called.  I'm Sure someone is really good at that one scene.

I managed to pass this part on hard by getting one of those "rocket launchers" that launch small electric particles. Then I ran back to the back of the map, far from the stairways and I kept killing everybody that showed up on either side of the stairs. When I ran out of ammo, I quick ran upstairs where the other friendly soldiers were and got one of those ammo boxes and ran back to this place in the back. Eventually they sent some flying drones, but they couldn't hit me properly and I managed to kill them all. The final part is when you have to run to the ship and use the turret to kill the remaining enemies, this part can be thought, specially you have no adrenaline left, but once you get to this turret, the game quick saves.

I have to tell you that there's a part in chapter 8 that is even harder than this one. If you're having a hard time on this one too, let me know, my PSN user is licurgoalmeida.

Licurgo

I managed to pass this part on hard by getting one of those "rocket launchers" that launch small electric particles. Then I ran back to the back of the map, far from the stairways and I kept killing everybody that showed up on either side of the stairs. When I ran out of ammo, I quick ran upstairs where the other friendly soldiers were and got one of those ammo boxes and ran back to this place in the back. Eventually they sent some flying drones, but they couldn't hit me properly and I managed to kill them all. The final part is when you have to run to the ship and use the turret to kill the remaining enemies, this part can be thought, specially you have no adrenaline left, but once you get to this turret, the game quick saves.

I have to tell you that there's a part in chapter 8 that is even harder than this one. If you're having a hard time on this one too, let me know, my PSN user is licurgoalmeida.

Licurgo

I'm at the turret, that is what Is giving me a hard time.  I made it through the first part and I am at the turret, but I can not get past.  I think I left too many guys there in the last part.  I am going to try to close out the game and reload the save and see if it changes how many Helghasts there are on the screen. I might just take you up on chapter-8.  Is the feature of ghost playing someone elses game working or is that one of the future updates?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a problem with chapter 7 that i had to check on youtube, i missed the door you were supposed to take in to the labb. I ran around for half an hour and just got fed up with it so of to youtube i went. While there i read the comments about this part i thought "Oh fuck one of those God of war moments again" (I think alot of people know what part Im refering to) 

Anyway i got to the battle and tbh i really don't see the problem? I don't know what i did but on my third try or so i made it through. Not saying it was easy but i never felt it was as hard as people keep saying either. 

I used the "electro weapon" alot and then (on the try i made it) i went into the turrent as late as i could.

Im playing on hard aswell. 

Edit: Btw! I remember one thing that I did as well, i never left the upper platform either. I placed myself behind the squad on the platform where the turrent lands, the first wave i used a sniper just putting people down as they came (i kept checking the staires as well some enemies got through and went up) when the shielded enemies came that's when i took the "electron weapon" still stayed put at the platform. Hope that helps. 

Edited by helpthemedic

Strange you guys are having a hard time.

At my chapter select it says I died 0 times at the last fight on Hard. This game is too easy in my opinion.

At the end just grab one of those rocket launchers and just shoot everything that moves, especially blue shield and people that come close to the stair. Once they breach the stair go down and take cover and shoot them. 

When that flying thing is ready go immediately there and then shoot everything. Pretty easy imo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm currently having problem in this part. There's to many and I can't focus. I'll try some of the tips I read here. But it's frustrating :(

Took me a while... but here was what I did, from what I remember:

As soon as it starts take out the peeps that are right infront of you [some spawn under you] and then zoom in on the guys that are closest to you until those drones come by. Take out the drones and then focus on the guys on the shield, and whoever is closest. Its pretty easy if you focus on people that are up front, i hate this section though. Got 16 deaths :P

• Like 1

This part was absolutely ridiculous, but the good thing is that it's the hardest part of the game, so if you get past this you're golden. My strategy was much like STRANGEgenius. 

I started by looking down and killing the guys below me to my left and my right, then I looked forward and destroyed the three turrets/automated guns straight ahead (one of them was in a trench I remember so look for that one too depending on if it's the same set-up for everyone). Then I took out the drones and then the final part where I just started to drill into every single blue shield that I could see, after a while they should start retreating and that should be the easy part of taking the rest out while still being careful.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I finally beat it.  I need to give you this hint to anyone still trying to do the turret part.

The amount of enemies to kill on the turret part is exactly how many enemies you left alive in the checkpoint right before the turret.  If it seems like an ungodly sum that means you should replay the last part again or you will never finish the turret.  My first try last night with the turret, there were 12 blue shields out there and a ton of those blue armored guys.  This try I had 4 Blue guys and 5 blue shields.  Finished the turret part on my third try this go around. 

Phew now on to the really difficult chapter 8.  I hope this helps.

THANK YOU!

I kept getting slaughtered in the turret every time, I was about to give up. Then I read your strategy and killed as many as I could be entering the turret. I was only in there for about 10 secs and I completed it. 

• 4 years later...

Just made it through on hard. I can confirm that you need to clear up the battlefield as much as possible before entering the turret. The big electric gun proved invaluable to take down all the enemies with shields : make sure to abuse it ! It's easy to confuse it with a rocket launcher but actually it works more like a very powerful sniper weapon.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/17/2013 at 8:06 PM, dodgedoors said:

UPDATE:

I finally beat it.  I need to give you this hint to anyone still trying to do the turret part.

The amount of enemies to kill on the turret part is exactly how many enemies you left alive in the checkpoint right before the turret.  If it seems like an ungodly sum that means you should replay the last part again or you will never finish the turret.  My first try last night with the turret, there were 12 blue shields out there and a ton of those blue armored guys.  This try I had 4 Blue guys and 5 blue shields.  Finished the turret part on my third try this go around. 

I'm on my elite walkthrough and I was having the absolute worst time on the turret section until I read this. Thank you.

I basically killed as many as I could with the Voltage until I was in the red health-wise. I then used my medpack, got on the turret and mowed down any enemies near the stairs and within 20-30 seconds I finished the section easily.

Edited by Mad
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 11/17/2013 at 11:06 PM, dodgedoors said:

UPDATE:

This is really good advice. Thanks from the future.