Thoughts on trophies?

realm722

Yes, I saw this on truetrophies the other day.  Looks really easy (and quick).  Could be north of 20% potentially.

From a quick scan, nothing difficult or really that time-consuming.  In fact, I can’t come up with what will be the rarest trophy (outside the platinum).

I will definitely pick this up at some point this year, once I get a ps5 that is!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mariner1534 said:

Yeah, the walk-related trophies and the 10-pitch at-bat ones are the only ones that look remotely tricky... aside from that it looks way easier than any other year of The Show. Might actually plat one of these games for once!

think the 10 pitch at-bat was also in mlb 14 the show, if sliders are allowed turn up the fouls and it should be a cake walk

i be picking this up and double stack it,  looks easy for the plat

Edited by lucky0ne16

You guys are forgetting the pickoff one. That is not easy. You can't use 2 controllers or do it in a local game.

It is hard to pick off the CPU. This would be easier in RS.

That is a luck based trophy. Don't sleep on it!!!

Otherwise this list is uninspired and 2K lazy as they recycled about 5 trophies and gave them different names.

Edited by TheGoaler
Spelling

24 minutes ago, jpfield said:

I do think the pick off one will be hard as it is luck base against the cpu I don’t even try to pick off runners. But you can probably play someone online so it maybe easy to do it that way.

For pickoff you just turn up the slider on cpu base running aggressiveness and then it’s easy.

Probably the easiest MLB list I've seen (managed to plat 3 of the last 4 -- stopped play 19 early). Feels like these can be mostly done organically with minimal grinding which is nice.

Pickoff and walk one probably the two trickiest. I'll probably get both via online at some point (always find people who take too big a lead off second)

8 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I do like that they added the trophy for hitting 100 Home Runs. I wonder if home runs in the HR derby count towards that?

Says any mode, so I would imagine HR Derby would count!

Looks like a great list.  Haven't done a baseball game in a long time.  Might pull the trigger.  Would be great to add more variety to my library.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 8:37 AM, snakebit10 said:

I do like that they added the trophy for hitting 100 Home Runs. I wonder if home runs in the HR derby count towards that?

They do.

I was watching PS5 Trophies stream card openings and playing Home Run Derby online and he was able to get some of the home run trophies.

I think at the very least, you might be able to boost or have someone help you with nearly all the trophies such as pickoffs or 8 walks.
The description just says:

(This trophy is not awarded if completed in a local multiplayer game, practice mode, or by switching teams

The way I read this is that if you challenge a friend to a online game such as exhibition or DD, you can just boost the trophies you need. 

I don't have the game so I can't test it out unfortunately. 

Edited by Jermster_91

9 hours ago, Jermster_91 said:

They do.

I was watching PS5 Trophies stream card openings and playing Home Run Derby online and he was able to get some of the home run trophies.

I think at the very least, you might be able to boost or have someone help you with nearly all the trophies such as pickoffs or 8 walks.
The description just says:

The way I read this is that if you challenge a friend to a online game such as exhibition or DD, you can just boost the trophies you need. 

I don't have the game so I can't test it out unfortunately. 

That may work for the walk trophy. The pick off I am not to worried about. I have picked of runners before in other versions of the game. I've been playing the series for 10 plus years and have never got patient enough to draw a lot of walks. 3 or 4 is probably the max I have ever got in a game. The Home runs I know will come naturally over the course of the game.