Mini Guide

Toryanse

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

All online required trophies are as follows:

• 初勝利 (Win once in any online match)
  • 制覇 (Win a match in each of 4 online modes)
  • 人情家 (Rescue total 100 Captives in online matches)
  • 百戦錬磨 (Win 20 matches in each of 4 online modes)
  • 勇猛無比 (Earn 100 MVP awards in online matches)

Basically, 2 players are required, but only 人情家 need 4 players.

However, 大食感 (get a total of 5,000 Onigiri) will ensure that an Onigiri-fight will be held for each match when online, but Onigiri-fights are held randomly in Offline. It would be better to finish it while the online service is still running.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Toryanse said:

All online required trophies are as follows:

• 初勝利 (Win once in any online match)
  • 制覇 (Win a match in each of 4 online modes)
  • 人情家 (Rescue total 100 Captives in online matches)
  • 百戦錬磨 (Win 20 matches in each of 4 online modes)
  • 勇猛無比 (Earn 100 MVP awards in online matches)

However, 大食感 (get a total of 5,000 Onigiri) will ensure that an Onigiri-fight will be held for each match when online, but Onigiri-fights are held randomly in Offline. It would be better to finish it while the online service is still running.

Thank you for the info :).

Thanks for making a mini guide! It was very helpful :)

I just had a weird thing happen to me, my friend and I were boosting rescues. I did a bunch of them, probably around 100. He then left the game and I was alone in the game with my alt. I was afk for a few games and the 100 rescues trophy popped lol

We also found a pretty optimal way to get rescues, 1 per min. We both used 2 consoles
- Play standard, easy mode off

- Alts on one team and mains on the other

- The player not going for a trophy (player 1) should go to the enemy spawn with his alt and put a rubberband on a joystick so it keeps shooting at his main which will keep killing it (spawns are always the same)

- player two goes to his team's rescue spawn with his main

- player two goes to enemy rescue spawn with his alt and puts a rubberband on a joystick so it keeps shooting at player1's main after he is rescued 

- After that, player 2 needs to keep rescuing his teammate (player 1's main) with his main and all other players can be afk for the duration of the round - 8 mins

- after player 2 gets the trophy, switch roles

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 4

On 15.04.2021 at 5:42 AM, Toryanse said:

大金星 (Clear any level with capturing the hierarch on Campaign)

• The hierarch(代官) appears randomly regardless of the level.

Would appreciate if you could provide any more details regarding this guy. Does he look the same as the trophy image? I'm in the middle of chapter 7 and I don't think I ever encountered him yet.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WaseWalayse said:

Would appreciate if you could provide any more details regarding this guy. Does he look the same as the trophy image? I'm in the middle of chapter 7 and I don't think I ever encountered him yet.

Yes, he is the guy on the left in the trophy image. I met him on the second map of the campaign, but it seems possible to meet him on any map.

• Like 1

This is going to be painful...

According to rarity people get this before finishing stage 4-4. I completed the game, did 3 full cycles scanning from top to botton, each row from 1-1 to 2-3 (I don't think he can be found in race level) and the fatty is still absent. I don't expect he's going to be marked on minimap or anything...

EDIT: To prevent more spam I have one more question - Can I quit the game after Onigiri Minigame or do I need to complete a full game for this to count? Same question goes for Bamboo Spear kills

Thanks

Edited by WaseWalayse
  • Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, Toryanse said:

Are these 2-player trophies self-boostable with 2 consoles or it's preferrable to play with real player?
I haven't started the game yet so trying to estimate how much time it will take if I need to boost only 人情家 trophy.

12 hours ago, WaseWalayse said:

EDIT: To prevent more spam I have one more question - Can I quit the game after Onigiri Minigame or do I need to complete a full game for this to count? Same question goes for Bamboo Spear kills

I don't know. I never thought about quitting the game in the middle because the game can be over in an instant.

2 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

Are these 2-player trophies self-boostable with 2 consoles or it's preferrable to play with real player?
I haven't started the game yet so trying to estimate how much time it will take if I need to boost only 人情家 trophy.

The game doesn't require precise movements and can be handled by yourself.

As for the "人情家" trophy, if you are going to boost everything, maybe an hour per person.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 8:42 PM, Toryanse said:

Rescuing a captive will not be counted if you are standing on top of the captive's respawn position.
Always rescue captives from a distance by walking a short distance.

IMHO, this little tidbit is a great candidate for the following format applications all at the same time.

?bold

?italics

?underline

?all caps

?red text

In the context of a grind, especially an online one, and especially one that seems to far, far exceed 10 hours per player, this is a tendency that would seem really obtuse to know to avoid in this particular game for the related trophy. Not a critique of the guide itself, the guide is excellent and demystifies all necessary things. Merely pointing out something people will definitely be doing without thinking while using a turbo controller/rubberband to assist with completing this.

Edit: The counter doesn’t go up onscreen like it does for example the Voltron: Defender of the Universe civilian rescues. So if you’re “doing it wrong” you won’t realize it until you inspect the stats card after expecting the trophy pop to be overdue.

Sorry for inadvertently invoking circus acts and the dichotomy of casual and serious trophy hunters ?‍♂️ All I intended was to let equally unwitting others know they aren’t alone. See @SajoAtine’s expansion on the guide below for the difference between a friend (my friend) and, well who am I to say what they are.

Edited by EqualityEarth
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

IMHO, this little tidbit is a great candidate for the following format applications all at the same time.

1f449.pngbold

1f449.pngitalics

1f449.pngunderline

1f449.pngall caps

1f449.pngred text

In the context of a grind, especially an online one, and especially one that seems to far, far exceed 10 hours per player, this is a tendency that would seem really obtuse to know to avoid in this particular game for the related trophy. Not a critique of the guide itself, the guide is excellent and demystifies all necessary things. Merely pointing out something people will definitely be doing without thinking while using a turbo controller/rubberband to assist with completing this.

I WOULD MAKE THE FONTSIZE  72 TOO!!!!!

but for real though, Its only 3 bullet points, don't know how people can miss it :P

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

1f449.pngbold

1f449.pngitalics

1f449.pngunderline

1f449.pngall caps

1f449.pngred text

While I personally don't think everything needs to be idiot proofed like you're suggesting there is definitely one trophy in the Ikki Online set that was brutally undersold in the mini guide & it's not the captures. The captures can be done in around 2-3 hours by two people with two ps3s (If people are teaming up in a group of 4 to do that then yeah it would be a totally sub-optimal time like 10 hours). 

There is a trophy description in the mini guide that undersells the amount of time taken so badly that to overlook it would triple the game time for completion. I mentioned this to the fine gentleman with 2 ps3s that helped me boost the captures in the quickest, most efficient manner but because you've really rubbed me up the wrong way coming in & complaining (however tactful) about someone contributing information I'm not going to be specific at all here. It's pretty obvious if you read into it, which is what any reasonable person would do with any of the information in the guide here.

I got the Ikki online trophy set done in a bit under 20 hours & barely looked at the info in this thread. If you just get in there & experiment than there's no need for hyper-specific information & maybe if more people did that & then conveyed that info the serious trophy hunters wouldn't have to go to trueachievements or other places where people aren't wasting most of their time complaining about games they aren't playing or about the formatting of a thread or other things that don't help anyone earn anything. 

6 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

While I personally don't think everything needs to be idiot proofed like you're suggesting there is definitely one trophy in the Ikki Online set that was brutally undersold in the mini guide & it's not the captures. The captures can be done in around 2-3 hours by two people with two ps3s (If people are teaming up in a group of 4 to do that then yeah it would be a totally sub-optimal time like 10 hours). 

There is a trophy description in the mini guide that undersells the amount of time taken so badly that to overlook it would triple the game time for completion. I mentioned this to the fine gentleman with 2 ps3s that helped me boost the captures in the quickest, most efficient manner but because you've really rubbed me up the wrong way coming in & complaining (however tactful) about someone contributing information I'm not going to be specific at all here. It's pretty obvious if you read into it, which is what any reasonable person would do with any of the information in the guide here.

I got the Ikki online trophy set done in a bit under 20 hours & barely looked at the info in this thread. If you just get in there & experiment than there's no need for hyper-specific information & maybe if more people did that & then conveyed that info the serious trophy hunters wouldn't have to go to trueachievements or other places where people aren't wasting most of their time complaining about games they aren't playing or about the formatting of a thread or other things that don't help anyone earn anything. 

How are you going to say "there's something that should be clarified because it can triple the game time for completion, but I'm not going to tell you" and then say "then conveyed that info the serious trophy hunters wouldn't have to go to trueachievements or other places?"

That's super hypocritical dude.

If you have information to share, you should. You winge about people needing to share information and bemoan the state of affairs on these websites and then do the very same shit.

You don't actually care about people sharing information, you actually care about being PRAISED and VALIDATED for sharing information.

If all you really cared about was sharing information "for serious trophy hunters" then you would share the information without any reservations.

Disgusting.

I'm almost done with the trophy set, so for anyone reading this and concerned about the bamboo spear kills: The best thing I found was to repeat stage 8-4 over and over again (took me like 30-40 minutes). You get a bamboo spear at the beginning but that's not the important one. You can use it to kill about 12-16 blue riflemen but ahead of the last 4 is a speed boost daikon and directly infront of the last 4 is an invincibility item. Grab that, run down the stairs to the left, in the center of the two buildings is another spear. Grab that then head left and take out like, idk 30-odd riflemen and you'll hit another set of stairs with 4 riflemen. You might still have the spear left so you can kill 1 or 2, but you may also get killed by them. No big deal, just moved passed them to the right but go down instead of up. There will be another invincibility item on the way down and another speed boost on the right further down. When you go as far down as possible there is another spear. If your timing is good enough you can snag another 20 kills or so. Finally, head back up and there's another spear on the left side. Grab that and head straight up killing the line of 4 riflemen on the left, then move right and take out the two groups of 4 riflemen.

I then would move up and get killed over and over by the next group of riflemen to make sure my kills got saved and restart the stage ASAP.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 6:15 AM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

-

Edited by BEYOND-EVIL
-

For 5000 rice balls:

Deathmatch → stage EX.1 → restart lobby after EX.4 → use turbo for "idle kills" to save a few mins every match. 

These stages require the least amount of moving. You could do EX.5 also and suicide using the logs. 

If you're good enough, you will pop trophy at around 220~240 matches. 

• Like 3

There are hardly any results when searching for Ikki Online on youtube. Searching just "Ikki 1000" would do the trick, I believe in you.
I don't want to self-promo here, because this is originally Toryanse's Mini Guide. Saw 5 extra views since yesterdays so it should be in plain sight, it's not a mainstream game.
Also included japanese game title and trophy name.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to understand how aggregating information pertaining to trophy hunting in a topic about the game's trophies could be in any way negative or be mistaken as trying to steal OP's thunder. The only way that follows, to me, is if someone re-wrote/wrote their own guide and then posted it in the topic claiming that it was better.

Mentioning your video "is on youtube" is like volunteering at a soup kitchen and then saying "oh yeah I got the food, it's just at another location." Why would you even waste time mentioning you have a faster solution and not write it out OR post the video? Thanks for your patronizing comment by the way, really enthusiatic about searching out your video now and seeing your method.

And let's not kid ourselves here, OP is SLIGHTLY more than a translation and falls short of a "guide". Not that it is unappreciated but it's more like "trophy tips". User experience may vary heavily as the trophy we are mainly discussing states: "竹やり名人(Defeat total 1000 enemies with a bamboo spear) - Most of required will be accomplished in the course of the Campaign." and I was only at around 100 when I finished the campaign, which is a far cry from "most of required", ergo seeking a fast method, of which was not presented in the "mini guide."

Also not mentioned for the rice ball trophy is that doing the race mode yields 5-6 rice balls, so they can hardly be considered when tabulating total matches to completion. Also, there is misinformation in the form of "Onigiri-fights are held randomly in Offline", this is false because you have to find this like bonfire looking thing on the ground in a campaign level and successfully complete it and then you are guaranteed an Onigiri fight.

I realize I'm not going to make any friends by posting this, and that's fine with me, I wasn't going to say anything until your snide comment about typing shit in a youtube search bar. Yet, there are now 3 posts in this topic on a community of trophy hunters where instead of trying to accumulate information for the good of the community, instead people withhold information, gatekeep, and then belittle people asking for more insight/common ground/positive growth of the community.

I can't say that I'm surprised, considering the "quality" level of trophy hunters lately since a lot of people love to stack those shit multi-stack 10 minute plat games and then parade around some inflated sense of superiority about a bigger trophy collection when they are just funding some scam artist. "Trophies for me, but not for thee" should be the slogan here. Gotta keep these rarities artificially inflated like it's some kind of job security.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaseWalayse said:

I don't want to self-promo here.

To me, Its totally fine if its just an actual video that explains and helps people.

Most of the people who got pointed at for pure self-promotion were more in the likes of:

- Man Im gonna show you how to stroke a hedgehog by pressing X 2000 times.

- Or they made a seperate thread with literally only the video and the "if you like then plzzzz subscribe"

These are the reasons the moderators team did make some guidelines you need to follow.

In your case, the video is moreso helping the community and adding up to the guide of OP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

To me, Its totally fine if its just an actual video that explains and helps people.

Most of the people who got pointed at for pure self-promotion were more in the likes of:

- Man Im gonna show you how to stroke a hedgehog by pressing X 2000 times.

- Or they made a seperate thread with literally only the video and the "if you like then plzzzz subscribe"

These are the reasons the moderators team did make some guidelines you need to follow.

In your case, the video is moreso helping the community and adding up to the guide of OP.

Oh yeah, you're right. Last time I was posting a video guide in separate thread and that was problematic.

I'm a novice forum user, my bad.

But keeping it topic related:

21 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

For 5000 rice balls:

Deathmatch → stage EX.1 → restart lobby after EX.4 → use turbo for "idle kills" to save a few mins every match. 

These stages require the least amount of moving. You could do EX.5 also and suicide using the logs. 

If you're good enough, you will pop trophy at around 220~240 matches. 

I used a different method for this. 

Picked 3rd game mode and played all maps without leaving the lobby. For alt I turbo X for ready. The loading between finishing the last round and getting to lobby is the longest and what's cool is that your controller vibrates when you need to press "Ready". I had a lot of time during that to play on Vita. Haven't checked the other mentioned method as I'm long done with this game, so I'll just call this an alternative way, but I can imagine remaking lobby could be annoying.

Edited by WaseWalayse
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WaseWalayse said:

Oh yeah, you're right. Last time I was posting a video guide in separate thread and that was problematic.

I'm a novice forum user, my bad.

But keeping it topic related:

I used a different method for this. 

Picked 3rd game mode and played all maps without leaving the lobby. For alt I turbo X for ready. The loading between finishing the last round and getting to lobby is the longest and what's cool is that your controller vibrates when you need to press "Ready". I had a lot of time during that to play on Vita. Haven't checked the other mentioned method as I'm long done with this game, so I'll just call this an alternative way, but I can imagine remaking lobby each time could be annoying.

Remaking the lobby takes 2 seconds. After backing out of the lobby, the game remembers the lobby you made. You can literally do it blindfolded. 

X twice to exit lobby, O twice to make lobby with the same settings. 

• Like 2