Trophy Thoughts?

JeManquedHygiene

The thing I would be most worried about is all those matches.  By the time you would hit 1500 matches I doubt there would even be any players left unless it is really good and holds a player base but VR games seem to not hold a player base for too long.

26 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

The thing I would be most worried about is all those matches.  By the time you would hit 1500 matches I doubt there would even be any players left unless it is really good and holds a player base but VR games seem to not hold a player base for too long.

True. The game does have bots however, so that you can still play a public game even when no one is around (I've already seen a video showing it). Obviously we'll have to see how this affects trophies regarding kills, played matches, wins etc.

46 minutes ago, Silvurg said:

I've been playing it and if I remember correctly, the duration of the games is 10 minutes. I could not play sad, there were no players, nor did he fill me with bot ...

So that's a minimum of 250 hours for the platinum, not including any time spent in lobbies. Woot.

Grindy, and forces players to participate in game modes they otherwise wouldn’t. I absolutely hate free for all. 

1,000 grenade kills is also ridiculous, considering it all says public matches. Private matches are planned but due to the descriptions of the trophies who knows if those will count.

Amassing 500 matches played (in FFA, TDM and SnD) sounds like a tape the analogs and go to sleep situation towards the end if burnout occurs. Ridiculous. For now I’m going to play it for fun and resort to that when I’m burnt out I guess

Edited by MikeCheck--

48 minutes ago, GoodGodLetsEat said:

Winning FFA matches has been a challenge. I average around 3rd place but can never touch the top guy it’s ridiculous. I noticed late at night it’s best as most of the lobbies are filled with bots

I’m *currently* the first person who got the 50 FFA wins trophy, I would suggest using the Sniper (Choco) and use the laser sight and whatever scope (I personally use 16x), you can hipfire kill really easily and I’ve been winning about 95% of my FFA games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yFins said:

I’m *currently* the first person who got the 50 FFA wins trophy, I would suggest using the Sniper (Choco) and use the laser sight and whatever scope (I personally use 16x), you can hipfire kill really easily and I’ve been winning about 95% of my FFA games. 

Ahh gotcha, makes total sense now why I’ve been getting sniped like crazy. I’ll try this tonight, thank you!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

What is it with these online multiplayer shooter games and the utterly absurd and ridiculous trophy requirements? I've noticed that this has been a common theme throughout. No trophy, no platinum, is worth some of the requirements I've looked at for this game. Whoever platinums this game must have the mental fortitude of a god!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/23/2022 at 0:56 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

Whoever platinums this game must have the mental fortitude of a god!

More than a few crazy bastards managed this somehow. @Messknecht, @aMentalManBohhh, @IND_Mafia_Sahil, @OMG_ThisIsSoEz, @IkeDirty32. I'll never go for this Platinum, but how the hell did you guys manage this one?  

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

More than a few crazy bastards managed this somehow. @Messknecht, @aMentalManBohhh, @IND_Mafia_Sahil, @OMG_ThisIsSoEz, @IkeDirty32. I'll never go for this Platinum, but how the hell did you guys manage this one?  

I would be interested in that as well. 

Are people still getting banned for being afk in this one?

6 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Every player with the platinumtrophy started with the game at or short after release, it was more or less a better beta version of the game back then, with extremly unbalanced weapons and unskilled players and a lot of buggy maps (wall glitches etc.). that made most of the kill related trophies extremly easy.

the game got multiple patches within a year after release and it became the game it was meant to be. 

players got better and most of the players playing this game on a regular basis are incredible good and beginners will have a very hard time. 

nevertheless, most people play death match and there was a lack of players and matchmaking issues in SND since the release. devs patched the game and players of teambased games (TDM&SND) can now vote after every match which gamemode they want to play next. imho 9/10 votes will be for TDM. 

all that said this trophy will be close to impossible to achieve if you start with the game today:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/12722-alvo-vr/26-ive-got-this

1. you have to find a 5vs5 SND lobby

2. non of your 4 teammates is allowed to frag an opponent. 

3. you have to frag all players of opponent team. 

5 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

I would be interested in that as well. 

Are people still getting banned for being afk in this one?

I idled most of the TDM matches and faced the wrath of the community and I don't think they will be happy, and idling will remain unpunished today. 

As far as I know was @Feichti1992 unbanned after a while and was able to get the platinum trophy aswell.

500games x 3 gamemodes = a lot of time and even harder with the voting system for teambased matches, back then it was ~300 ingame hours i bet it will be more today. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Messknecht said:

Every player with the platinumtrophy started with the game at or short after release, it was more or less a better beta version of the game back then, with extremly unbalanced weapons and unskilled players and a lot of buggy maps (wall glitches etc.). that made most of the kill related trophies extremly easy.

the game got multiple patches within a year after release and it became the game it was meant to be. 

players got better and most of the players playing this game on a regular basis are incredible good and beginners will have a very hard time. 

nevertheless, most people play death match and there was a lack of players and matchmaking issues in SND since the release. devs patched the game and players of teambased games (TDM&SND) can now vote after every match which gamemode they want to play next. imho 9/10 votes will be for TDM. 

all that said this trophy will be close to impossible to achieve if you start with the game today:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/12722-alvo-vr/26-ive-got-this

1. you have to find a 5vs5 SND lobby

2. non of your 4 teammates is allowed to frag an opponent. 

3. you have to frag all players of opponent team. 

I idled most of the TDM matches and faced the wrath of the community and I don't think they will be happy, and idling will remain unpunished today. 

As far as I know was @Feichti1992 unbanned after a while and was able to get the platinum trophy aswell.

500games x 3 gamemodes = a lot of time and even harder with the voting system for teambased matches, back then it was ~300 ingame hours i bet it will be more today. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation, was always been intrigued by this game. Still not sure if it would be worth the trouble haha. I guess the trophy you linked would be boostable if we gather enough people? Is there no idle kick?  

Also been wondering, I know in some games like eagle flight you can keep searching and stay in the game without VR. Is that the case in this game too? Would make boosting said trophy way easier since multiple VR headsets would not be needed

Edited by timpurnat

Just now, timpurnat said:

I guess the trophy you linked would be boostable if we gather enough people? Is there no idle kick?  

you literally need 10 headsets/players to boost that one. 

there was/is an idle kick, but it could easly be avoided, they patched a lot of things, good guess is they altered the syntax for idling. 

• Like 1

On 14.3.2023 at 3:44 PM, timpurnat said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation, was always been intrigued by this game. Still not sure if it would be worth the trouble haha. I guess the trophy you linked would be boostable if we gather enough people? Is there no idle kick?  

Also been wondering, I know in some games like eagle flight you can keep searching and stay in the game without VR. Is that the case in this game too? Would make boosting said trophy way easier since multiple VR headsets would not be needed

The sad joke is that the SND mode got patched in a way that removed the ability to move in the beginning. Now if you manage to get into an SND game and you are the only player, the game won't start, won't let you move and then kick you for afk after 2 minutes. It's super idiotic. When I farmed the bulk of my SND games the gamemode was already dead, but I could put the headset on the table and chill on the phone/tablet until once an hour someone joined, made the game start, leave immediately and give me one for the match counter. My last 80ish games I hade to do on the newer patches, whichmeant I hade to play hours upon hours of TDM, just for the chance of a lobby voting SND in the end. This platinum took me 375 hours.

There are many extremely dumb trophies for VR games, but this game  beats them all by a wide margin. If you care about trophies, just don't get this game, you won't be able to get this to platinum nowadays.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

The sad joke is that the SND mode got patched in a way that removed the ability to move in the beginning. Now if you manage to get into an SND game and you are the only player, the game won't start, won't let you move and then kick you for afk after 2 minutes. It's super idiotic. When I farmed the bulk of my SND games the gamemode was already dead, but I could put the headset on the table and chill on the phone/tablet until once an hour someone joined, made the game start, leave immediately and give me one for the match counter. My last 80ish games I hade to do on the newer patches, whichmeant I hade to play hours upon hours of TDM, just for the chance of a lobby voting SND in the end. This platinum took me 375 hours.

There are many extremely dumb trophies for VR games, but this game  beats them all by a wide margin. If you care about trophies, just don't get this game, you won't be able to get this to platinum nowadays.

I might be able to find a few players to do it with me, I did some very stupid games in VR so I think I'm a bit used to bullshit. I'm also hoping the new ps5 version brings some life into this game

3 hours ago, timpurnat said:

I might be able to find a few players to do it with me, I did some very stupid games in VR so I think I'm a bit used to bullshit. I'm also hoping the new ps5 version brings some life into this game

I'd call you a mad man if you went for, or even obtained the games Plat, but more power to you if you do end up doing it!

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, timpurnat said:

You'd probably have the biggest success by jumping into their discord and try to organize some kind of regular SND farming thing with the veterans, so enough players go for it at once.

I think there might be an ok-ish playerpool for the PS5 version. Die hard fans and people that find Pavlov too complex. While being a joke in quality compared to Pavlov and Firewall, the game undeniably has a great "get quick into the action"-flow to it.

Edited by OMG_ThisIsSoEz
spelling
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/15/2023 at 2:40 PM, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

I think there might be an ok-ish playerpool for the PS5 version. Die hard fans and people that find Pavlov too complex. While being a joke in quality compared to Pavlov and Firewall, the game undeniably has a great "get quick into the action"-flow to it.

Good news, PSVR2 Alvo has Crossplay, so hopefully the grind for that will go a lot smoother than the PSVR version!

• Like 4