RNumbers

Team Player NA 2021

5 posts in this topic

Lots of related topics out there, but since this is on the list of potential unachievables once Vita messaging goes away, just want to confirm:

You CAN earn Team Player on the NA version on PS4 with two controllers locally.

This is how I did it, and as far as I can see it will always be achievable that way. I make no guarantees for other regions or platforms, but since there is only a single trophy list it will never* be truly unachievable. It might be more trouble than it's worth, but that's a separate question.

*Sony may find a way to fuck it up sooner or later, never say never.

For (near) future reference, as of yesterday I unlocked the trophy by creating the match on a PS5 and joining on a PS Vita, the other way around didn't work for me. I joined myself with, well, myself and it popped after equipping two team charms on the host character and starting a random chapter. I have a Dutch (EU) PSN account.

Posted (edited)

I have popped the Team Player trophy today, I used my main and alt accounts which are both Australian accounts using the EU PS Plus version of the game.

I could not connect via local co-op.

I could not connect using Vita + PS4 which was the usual workaround for EU users.

So I tried connecting PS5 + PS4 and it worked instantly. This is what I did:

• Downloaded the game on PS5.
  • Opened the game on PS5 using an alt. Opened the game on PS4 using my main account (alt did not have any progress at all).
  • Started an online public match using PS5.
  • On the PS4 I chose "Quick Match" and matched with my alt immediately.
  • From there I was able to choose my team charms (Silver Mirror, Merman Scale, Daemonic Talon charm).
  • Readied up on both consoles and the trophy popped as I loaded into the game.
Edited by Mina

I got this with my PS4 and Vita yesterday. Was able to create and join a public match without ever having to use the Messages app. You can invite someone to your game with messages, but they can also just join a public match. If there were a lot of people playing the game it may become a bit harder to find your boosting partner, but we're talking about an indie game from 2013 here.

All that to say - I don't think it'll become unobtainable from the Vita front.

I earned the trophy by creating a public game on my Vita and joining it using an alt on my PS4. It took a little while to create the lobby though. No need for messages.