Metal Gear Solid: Collection (Rumor)

Stedde

Even if this seems a false rumor to me, i would still expect it to become true. I bought MGSTTS 4 years ago but never played it on my gamecube. Well the other 3 titles i already got their platinums and honestly i just don't want to play them again.

17 minutes ago, aimeraya said:

Even if this seems a false rumor to me, i would still expect it to become true. I bought MGSTTS 4 years ago but never played it on my gamecube. Well the other 3 titles i already got their platinums and honestly i just don't want to play them again.

I would love to return to Snake Eater!

It'll happen at some point, for sure.

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but not doing it would be just leaving free money on the table - it would sell like hot-cakes.

(Not to me, as I think those games are terrible ? - but that doesn't mean they aren't beloved by a huge contingent of folks)

• Like 1

Sources on these sorts of rumours can always be dodgy but it does sound relatively plausible to me, it's also not the first time I've heard this one and generally speaking the more often something like this gets repeated the higher chance it has of coming into fruition.

I've never actually played a Metal Gear Solid game but if a PS5 collection did release I think that would finally get me to try it out.

• Like 1

I don’t believe anything when it comes to Konami IP’s. 

I’ve been burned so many times with Silent Hill. Rumors of new games, rumors of remasters and remakes but not a single ounce of truth to any of the “rumors”. It has only been “journalists” lying for click bait. 

It just sucks that Konami owns some of the most iconic game franchises. Kuck Fonami. 

• Like 1

I won't hold any hope but this would be absolutely rad. Though I do hope it comes long after I have done the other games though; I've never played 4, Peace Walker or The Phantom Pain.

Edited by Stan Lee

Me after reading that 4chan post:

giphy.gif

It's not like 4chan anons are always wrong, but this particular "leak" just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. We've been hearing rumours about the MGS1 Remake for like a year at this point, why woudn't it be a part of the collection instead of Twin Snakes? Nonetheless, it would be cool if more people could play this series. For now, PS3 is the ultimate Metal Gear machine. 

59 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Twin Snakes is godawful. I'd prefer it never to be re-released again to be honest. That said, if the rumor happens to be true I might play it though - just to remind myself how utterly shitty it was.

Haha, right. I can't stand it. They ruined every cutscene in the game. 

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

(Not to me, as I think those games are terrible 1f602.png - but that doesn't mean they aren't beloved by a huge contingent of folks)

No, that doesn't mean the MGS franchise is terrible since you didn't even played it, but you could be joking, who knows. 

I have yet to see a person that played all the MGS games and at the end said that the games are garbage.

Anyhow dont care much for the remastered collection since we had them a couple of times, but remaking every game that would be cool ofc, especially the first game and that rumour is the most prominent because the leaker got everything right so far, so... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

No, that doesn't mean the MGS franchise is terrible since you didn't even played it, but you could be joking, who knows. 

I have yet to see a person that played all the MGS games and at the end said that the games are garbage.

Anyhow dont care much for the remastered collection since we had them a couple of times, but remaking every game that would be cool ofc, especially the first game and that rumour is the most prominent because the leaker got everything right so far, so... 

He didn't say the games are terrible, he said he thinks they are terrible. While I don't agree with his opinion, he has every right to have that opinion. 

I'd absolutely love for this rumor to be true, and it would undoubtedly make Sony/Konami a ton of money, but I just don't see it happening. I'd love to be wrong, though. If the previous games were completely remade with a control scheme like The Phantom Pain, I'd be ecstatic, that game plays amazing and is such a joy to control. 

Parker 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

Well that's an awfully silly thing to say - how on earth would you know what I've played, beyond games with trophies that are tracked on this site? ?

I never said they were terrible objectively, I said I thought they were terrible - and that lots of people disagree and love them?

For the record, I played:

Metal Gear (which I liked),

a bit (about half I think?) of Metal Gear 2 (it was not as good at the original, IMO)

All of Metal Gear Solid (Didn't like it, but saw potential, and games were expensive to me then, so I finished everything!)

All of Metal Gear Solid 2 (really didn't like it, but still, expensive, so finished!)

a very small amount of Metal Gear Solid 3 (just enough to know it wasn't for me)

and a few hours of MGS4 (enough, again, to know I was not the target for the franchise still)

Granted, I never played Ground Zeros or MGS5, but I mean, come on...

.. do I really need to keep bashing my head against a franchise I don't like at every outing, just to update my 'I have a right to an Opinion' card?

I mean, surely that's enough to be allowed to decide I find the modern ones bad, isn't it?

I love Assassin's Creed, but I don't expect someone who doesn't to have to have played all 24 entries in the series, just to permit them the right to a dissenting opinion  ?

53 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

Well, I don't doubt that - why would someone keep playing them all if they thought they were garbage? ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...