If you're buying PS3 stuff check all store regions (NA, EU and Asia)

cris3f

If you're buying or thinking to buy some PS3 stuff check all stores. Remember PS3 games are region free, and you can download them on a secondary and play in your main. There's significant price differences in some games:

Auditorium HD - US 1$, Euro 4€

Nucleus - US 10$, Euro 4€, Asia 6.something € or US$ depending on how much you pay for HK$

These are just examples, LOTS of items in these conditions. Also some stuff is only available in a specific region.

Just be careful with:

- DLCs must be the region you have the game, probably your main region, unless you're buying everything

- cross buy titles, few with PS3 and Vita anyway, which will be easier if they're in your main region, unless you want to use the crazy way to use other region games on your Vita

Euro and US$ are almost equivalent, HK$ for me it's 0.12 euros.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 3

a problem i have buying europe games while im in america is i have to pay around $13 for a $10 psn card. so im either paying more or the same amount. which sucks. unless someone knows a site where they are really cheap. the card costs seem to keep going up. and some sites even locked me out of buying them stating im not in that region so i cant buy it. 

One good example would be Ridge Racer 7. From what I understand, DLCs for Ridge Racer 7 are actually region free (eg. JPN DLCs can be used on US R1 version). I have recently downloaded these different region DLCs myself and can confirm they work with no issue.

Also another game I should highlight is Metal Gear Rising. For some strange reason, the Blade Wolf and Jetstream Sam DLCs in the US R1 PSN Store are free, while these are paid DLCs in the Asia R3 PSN Store.

Edited by gunman47
  • Like 1

I buy my Euro and US PSN cards on Vidaplayer. They're very know in my country and I never had issues until now, bought a few. Price is reasonable and credit card fees are included. SG and HK cards I usually buy either in Seagamer or Offgamers.

Personally I avoid using my own credit cards in any PSN store. Even a Revolut one.

Always start small (10 US$, 10 Euro or equivalent in asia) cards at a time, and just buy more when you feel confidence.

I'm not endorsing either of the 3 sellers, just sharing my experience.

I do refuse to use the crazies that want me to send photos of me and my citizen card (or driver's license), I wouldn't trust those crooks with that information.

Edited by cris3f