Base randomlly been destoryed

WangKeRui

As the tile states - happened to anyone else?

For context (without any real spoiler) - up to radiation 3/6 (military, and bio).

In my base, red text flashes on screen - "base is at risk of been destroyed" followed shortly after by "base been destroyed" - data screen says breach is at 40% something (don't recall) (which is odd as I just built the small transport module, and it was 50% something at that point - so bug/glitch?).

Of course I just saved, so no help there, and the auto save is also just as I returned to my base - why do game companies continue to insist on 'one' save file in games, plain stupid, as there is not a game on the market that has not, or blatantly often, does corrupt and/or otherwise break saves.

Questions - is this a bug? It does warn me, but does not indicate the issue, I see nothing outside in the time I get to look before my base vanishes. I tired deleting somethings, but seems to not help - also no time to do much. Is it story an I am missing something?

Issue is game breaking, would need to restart, or at least back track a lot (losing all resources, which are for some, annoyingly hard to find and gather). My cloud saves are a few days old, so going with that - but afraid the issue will return, as seems really random as to why it happened at all.

Edit to add - google search (breathedge base destroyed, breathedge base randomly destroyed, breathedge + either in game text warnings) for this issue yields zero results.

Edited by WangKeRui
re-google

I built the minimum base required for progress and the trophies with the blueprints at hand ("Medium Service Module" and "Large Transport Module"). I did not have a single breach as long as I used the base in Chapter 3.

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm no help to you.

See, that is just it, I don't quite feel it is a breach - at least it might be the breach mechanic causing it, but it does not act like a breach based on that i found for the PC game, as expected, the breach mechanic in game (PC) is that of patching leaks, I can find nothing anywhere, console or PC with regard to whole bases disappearing. I guess it is possible they changed the console/ps4 version but would need further feedback on if the same thing happens to others.

Worth noting, if in the base when it 'disappears' the result is death for the player, and return to load/save screen. If outside, it just disappears, no explosion or other animation, beyond on screen red text 'base is destroyed'.

My base is not near anything, certainly not the police robots, nor do I see any sign of an attack.

16 hours ago, lonny2001 said:

required for progress and the trophies with the blueprints at hand ("Medium Service Module" and "Large Transport Module").

My base is bigger, but only due to experimenting, also using the medium I believe, although added another, plus the small habitation (was hoping for a bed) module, and small transport module (was seeing if could just launch the vacuum to get trophy with out needing to build another (no) - this was the last thing added, and I wonder if it caused the issue, will see when brave enough to open older save and see how much do over is needed.

Edited by WangKeRui
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 0:49 AM, WangKeRui said:

As the tile states - happened to anyone else?

For context (without any real spoiler) - up to radiation 3/6 (military, and bio).

In my base, red text flashes on screen - "base is at risk of been destroyed" followed shortly after by "base been destroyed" - data screen says breach is at 40% something (don't recall) (which is odd as I just built the small transport module, and it was 50% something at that point - so bug/glitch?).

Of course I just saved, so no help there, and the auto save is also just as I returned to my base - why do game companies continue to insist on 'one' save file in games, plain stupid, as there is not a game on the market that has not, or blatantly often, does corrupt and/or otherwise break saves.

Questions - is this a bug? It does warn me, but does not indicate the issue, I see nothing outside in the time I get to look before my base vanishes. I tired deleting somethings, but seems to not help - also no time to do much. Is it story an I am missing something?

Issue is game breaking, would need to restart, or at least back track a lot (losing all resources, which are for some, annoyingly hard to find and gather). My cloud saves are a few days old, so going with that - but afraid the issue will return, as seems really random as to why it happened at all.

Edit to add - google search (breathedge base destroyed, breathedge base randomly destroyed, breathedge + either in game text warnings) for this issue yields zero results.

I had this happen to me and I figured out that if you are under 50% breach you are not safe.  I got the warning around 43%, went outside and added some supports with lead and when the base went back up over 50 the warning stopped.  The actual percentage might be off, I'm just going off memory here.