Borderlands DLC

evanzo7

I've been toying with the idea of getting the DLC trophies after completing the main game.
Going to give a Second Playthrough a shot to try & platinum the main game too! 

I did decide to try the DLC but when I went to purchase them I couldn't, after doing some digging I realised it was due to Sony closing the PSN Store for all PS3 content.
Does anyone know any way of getting access to the DLC that still works, whether it's maybe a Redeemable code etc? 

These are the times I hate my older self for not playing these games & just sticking to the same old same old that I used to play.

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

There is a physical GOTY edition that has all the DLCs included. You have to watch which version you buy as the first releases had codes for the DLC, while the later ones had the DLCs on disc. The cover states whether you'll be getting a voucher or not, so it shouldn't be too hard to avoid it.

Spot on, I'll maybe keep an eye for that then, much cheaper than buying the DLC from the PSN store if it was still active anyway.

4 minutes ago, evanzo7 said:

Spot on, I'll maybe keep an eye for that then, much cheaper than buying the DLC from the PSN store if it was still active anyway.

The DLCs should still be in the PSN store on the PS3 though. Can you not find them?

Edited by Stevieboy

11 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

The DLCs should still be in the PSN store on the PS3 though. Can you not find them?

I can see them but not buy them. Sony has removed the ability to make purchases for PS3 content, October last year that happened I think

17 minutes ago, evanzo7 said:

I can see them but not buy them. Sony has removed the ability to make purchases for PS3 content, October last year that happened I think

You can still buy PS3 stuff directly from the PS Store itself on the PS3 but it's buggy and takes some fiddling around to get it working.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 10:19 PM, evanzo7 said:

You can still buy things from the PS3 store, but you have to use PSN credit now. You can't buy things on the PS3 or Vita stores using a debit/credit card or PayPal anymore. You can still add funds using those methods, but you'll have to do it using the web store, or I believe it can be done using a PS4 or PS5.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

I've been on the PS3 store & the content is there as I said before, GOTY as well but not matter which I click on there is no place to purchase.
I've added funds to my account but still not able to make the purchase. I can buy the Dr Ned stuff by doing it in game, but there is no option for the other DLC.

Looks like GOTY with the stuff on disk is the only way to go sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Borderlands GOTY disk with DLC included has arrived, my new issue is that the DLC won't install.

I install it, then when it goes back to the PS Menu, It doesn't show as installed, I need to do the whole install process again, and again, no luck.
Anyone else had this issue with the GOTY disk? 

EDIT;
Sorted that actually, PS3 menu doesn't register them as installed but when you are in the actual game it's recognised as installed.
New issue is that my character from the existing game is now not getting picked up by the GOTY edition. 
Forever having issues with this game! ?
Why didn't I just play it new ffs! 

Edited by evanzo7

• 9 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 5:49 AM, evanzo7 said:

New issue is that my character from the existing game is now not getting picked up by the GOTY edition. 
Forever having issues with this game!

I think there is an export save function in the game. I haven't used it but you may be able to export one from your original copy to the goty copy.

4 hours ago, TheSkyIsTeal said:

I think there is an export save function in the game. I haven't used it but you may be able to export one from your original copy to the goty copy.

That only works when going to the PS4 version, the OP is talking about the PS3 GOTY Edition not recognising another PS3 copy of the game.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, evanzo7 said:

I've been on the PS3 store & the content is there as I said before, GOTY as well but not matter which I click on there is no place to purchase.
I've added funds to my account but still not able to make the purchase. I can buy the Dr Ned stuff by doing it in game, but there is no option for the other DLC.

Looks like GOTY with the stuff on disk is the only way to go sadly.

A bit late reply, but you can still use PS3 store for purchases, however you need to add credit to your wallet via internet browser or PS4. After doing so, you are able to purchase whatever you want from PS3 store as long as you do it on your PS3 console as all of the other options have been scrapped for this console (so no more purchases via internet browser etc.). I've done it last night, all I can say is play about with it and you'll work it out eventually. 

All the best

Jack

Edited by jackhnatejko
  • Like 2