Auto popping

RBK_94

Should auto popping between ps4 and ps5 or ps5 and ps4 be allowed!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Auto popping

• Yes
    • No
    • Have a limit for games per account

I have a friend who litteraly sits and uploade hes save right before he pops a trophy on ps5 to go and do it on ps4 right after and I think this is redicilous why even do the game twice if u just gonna do that and not aksly play the game again! I feel that it should be a limit or something to this since ps5 releaced its not trophy hunting anymore!! same whit just auto popping should not be a thing... It litteraly dosent bring u anything if u just get the platinum and delete the game.. I did it ones whit friday th13 and it was awfull I did not get any enjoyment out of it what so ever to get that plat as I did the first time I got it!

Edited by RBK_94

well, yeah, it's a pretty cheap way of getting an extra plat, but in the grand scheme of things, it's barely a drop in the ocean.

I mean, there are hundreds of game out there now where a couple of bucks will get you a game you can actually platinum in less time than it probably took your friend to upload his save, boot up the other console and then download it, so really, as ignoble as such activity might be, it's not going to be the thing that cheapens the trophy system.

aaaaaaand, I voted the wrong way by misreading the question ??

Stellar ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

There is actually a very limited number of PS4/5 games that auto-pop all the trophies, it would be great if someone created a thread and tracked them so everyone had real numbers to point to. And I don’t suspect there will be many more to come as more PS5s eventually roll out and the install base grows. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

well, yeah, it's a pretty cheap way of getting an extra plat, but in the grand scheme of things, it's barely a drop in the ocean.

I mean, there are hundreds of game out there now where a couple of bucks will get you a game you can actually platinum in less time than it probably took your friend to upload his save, boot up the other console and then download it, so really, as ignoble as such activity might be, it's not going to be the thing that cheapens the trophy system.

aaaaaaand, I voted the wrong way by misreading the question 1f602.png1f602.png

Stellar 1f44d.png

Yeah but thats the ting why is it so important that it is a cheap way to get a plat? you didnt earn the plat for that game u didnt play in my opinion.
Might take longer than just do a rata for 5min ofc but it still a plat u get for free whit out aksly earning it!

Hehe I take that vote ?

Edited by RBK_94

I believe there is nothing ppl can change on that since it was same already on ps3 to ps4 with some games sadly . It is always like that in the first period of a new console 

But I belive if psn profiles manage to implement the rarity leaderboard it might change things around here . Due to autopop ps5 games being nothing but common . 

Just my oppinion 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

There is actually a very limited number of PS4/5 games that auto-pop all the trophies, it would be great if someone created a thread and tracked them so everyone had real numbers to point to. And I don’t suspect there will be many more to come as more PS5s eventually roll out and the install base grows. 

It still ruins the rarity and time of games on this site on the games that u can already do that one! and when u see pepoles profiles whit ps5 games u see the games whit timestamp of 1-20 secounds xD
Yeah but it still a good amount u can do and it will continue as long companys will support both consoles which i belive they will for at least 3-4 years!

2 minutes ago, littleprincessJJ said:

I believe there is nothing ppl can change on that since it was same already on ps3 to ps4 with some games sadly . It is always like that in the first period of a new console 

But I belive if psn profiles manage to implement the rarity leaderboard it might change things around here . Due to autopop ps5 games being nothing but common . 

Just my oppinion 

yeah a good maide rarity leaderboard would have been nice :D looking forward to it when they are done whit it! 
the main leaderboard is useless now anyways no point to it.

Just now, RBK_94 said:

It still ruins the rarity and time of games on this site on the games that u can already do that one! and when u see pepoles profiles whit ps5 games u see the games whit timestamp of 1-20 secounds xD
Yeah but it still a good amount u can do and it will continue as long companys will support both consoles which i belive they will for at least 3-4 years!

True.

I wouldn't get hung up on rarity too much though - it's not a useful value for anything really.

It doesn't denote the quality of a game, the difficulty of it, or the time investment required, and, on the site, it is completely askew anyways, since only people on the site are tracked, and people need to have earned a trophy before they are counted at all, and DLC are only included for people who have at least one trophy in each DLC pack etc. etc. etc.  :dunno:

Don't worry too much about rarity - or how others are getting their trophies or what they play.

In the end, you have an impressive profile, and no amount of tactics by other people to pad their profiles will change that. ?

28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

aaaaaaand, I voted the wrong way by misreading the question 1f602.png1f602.png

Stellar 1f44d.png

16 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I may have also voted wrong by accident 1f602.png

Just now, HYPERS said:

oops. I thought you meant popping trophies you haven't earned already, with somebody else's save. I am all for games that autopop ps4/ps5.

? I love that this poll is at 100% for one answer, and it seems like more than half of those answers were people voting the wrong way for different reasons!

We are heading for the biggest electoral upset in history here ?

• Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.png I love that this poll is at 100% for one answer, and it seems like more than half of those answers were people voting the wrong way for different reasons!

We are heading for the biggest electoral upset in history here 1f602.png

KKonaW at 1x stop the count!

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

True.

I wouldn't get hung up on rarity too much though - it's not a useful value for anything really.

It doesn't denote the quality of a game, the difficulty of it, or the time investment required, and, on the site, it is completely askew anyways, since only people on the site are tracked, and people need to have earned a trophy before they are counted at all, and DLC are only included for people who have at least one trophy in each DLC pack etc. etc. etc.  :dunno:

Don't worry too much about rarity - or how others are getting their trophies or what they play.

In the end, you have an impressive profile, and no amount of tactics by other people to pad their profiles will change that. 1f44d.png

haha yeah just like that game are the rarity they should be and not wrong because of auto popping but thats just my opinion!
yeah the dlc on this site dont really make sence to me just look at the dlc whit 1 trophy shouldent they be 100% common becasue of that they track the pepole who earned it?

thank you man :D yeah thats true!

• Like 1

I believe I voted the right way. I have never been a fan of auto popping. I didn't do it when everyone was auto popping Sound Shapes and I am not doing it with any of the PS5 games that have the option. If I get the remaster of Spider Man I will gladly play through it again as I did enjoy it.

It is kinda weird seeing some of the PS5 versions of games rarity so high when they are much lower on PS4.

At the end of the day it don't bother me what someone else chooses to do with their account. I just don't see me doing it on any game.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Edit: Looks like this post got moved to a relevant thread. Cheers!

Apologies if this has been discussed at length, I'm new to the community and newer to the PS5. So I get that with the trophy overhaul, Sony wasn't able (or willing?) to consolidate PS4 and PS5 trophy lists, so auto-popping seemed like the best solution on their end. I dunno, when I booted up my PS4 save for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 on the PS5 and everything popped instantly, it was exhilarating at first, but then it left me feeling like I am being rewarded for something I didn't earn. It also seems like it really encourages people not to put time into the PS5 version of games. I certainly see the appeal for the trophy hunters that just want another quick plat on their list, but I personally don't think I'll be auto-popping any more games, opting to re-plat the ones I really enjoyed and probably skipping the PS4 version for games I haven't played yet. I'll admit that I'm probably not the target demographic since I also don't really do stacking either (apart from generational leaps/remasters, etc.) Hope I don't come across as knocking it for people that like to auto-pop, you do you friend. Just curious what other people's thoughts are. It's a weird situation given this is the first console with backwards compatibility (at least with trophy backwards compatibility).

Edited by skotafactor
Post moved
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2021 at 3:42 PM, ladynadiad said:

I honestly don't think games should have a separate PS5 stack to begin with.

Even though I have a TON of stacks on my list I wish that each game had one platinum and one platinum only, regardless of console and region. As to the reason why I have a ton of stacks, it's because I feel compelled to do it, like it won't stop nagging me until I do and drives me fucking nuts. I hate it! Stacking is probably the biggest reason why I'm burned out on gaming and don't enjoy it as much anymore, especially if it's a game that's absolute torture on me to play over and over again for multiple stacks, games such as Shadows of the Damned, for example, which was just mind-numbing suicide on my mental health, lol. I do NOT recommend playing that game, not even once let alone the 3 times I put myself through it, ha ha! 

As to the topic at hand, I think auto-popping is straight up cheaty as fuck and undeserving of acknowledgement on anyone's trophy list. Who am I to talk of "acknowledgement" though with all the garbage Ratalaika titles and similar types of games on MY list, one might say, correct? Yeah, well, at least I actually played the games and EARNED the trophies. How about the auto-poppers, did they? No, they didn't, and that's the difference.

Why Sony allows it is beyond me. Why this was even an idea in the first place by the powers that be (Sony? Developers? No clue) is beyond my understanding. I'm totally against it (clearly), always will be and will NEVER play a part in it. To those that auto-pop I will say this, I DO acknowledge you as a person, a gamer, a trophy hunter and acknowledge every single game you actually put the work in on and earned the trophies for. But for the ones you didn't, regardless of the fact that you put the work in once before and earned them doesn't make a difference nor does it justify taking the cheap, cheaty and easy way out on subsequent versions.

Now lets be clear, I'm not shaming anyone who does it and I have no ill feelings towards those that do. It's your life, your choice, your gaming profile. You're free to do whatever you please. You have no obligation to satisfy or appease anyone but yourself so if others have a problem with it, fuck 'em, who cares what they think. Do whatever makes you happy and let the rest fall by the wayside.