Crown Question-Blackveil Val

1- "A Chilling Enterance" event has NO increased chance, I know I tried it 1000 times n haven't seen even silver sized crown.

2- Purple Investigations are your best bet for all crowns if bronze/silver/gold didn't work. For Vaal look for one in the "Rotten Vale" specifically, the forest never worked for me.

3- You may find Vaal giant crown in the guiding lands Level 7 Rotten Vale I'm not sure but for G Rathian/S Rathalos/R Nergigante I'm certain all giants are there (LEVEL 7 ONLY).

4- Small crowns for G Rathian/S Rathalos are in the Special Arenas, so don't complete these missions before getting ur crowns.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/4/2021 at 2:50 AM, AyeOfReach said:

1- "A Chilling Enterance" event has NO increased chance, I know I tried it 1000 times n haven't seen even silver sized crown.

2- Purple Investigations are your best bet for all crowns if bronze/silver/gold didn't work. For Vaal look for one in the "Rotten Vale" specifically, the forest never worked for me.

3- You may find Vaal giant crown in the guiding lands Level 7 Rotten Vale I'm not sure but for G Rathian/S Rathalos/R Nergigante I'm certain all giants are there (LEVEL 7 ONLY).

4- Small crowns for G Rathian/S Rathalos are in the Special Arenas, so don't complete these missions before getting ur crowns.

What do you mean in point 4? Is there a way to get those small crowns granted from an event or any mission?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 8:50 PM, AyeOfReach said:

I'm also interested to know what you meant by this. Is there a guaranteed small crown in the Special Arena for these two? Do you have to capture some to get the Optional to become available?

Edit: I think I've found an answer; the crowns for Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos are not guaranteed in the Special Arena, it's just that fighting a lone monster there is much quicker than having to farm investigations or "Hymn of Moon and Sun", especially since in the former you usually fight more than just the Silver Rathalos and in the latter you have to almost kill the Gold Rathian before the Silver Rathian will even spawn, not to mention the quest's overall difficulty solo. The Special Arena also loads in a lot faster, allowing you to abandon and reset much quicker after measuring if you find the size is not correct.

tldr: No guaranteed crowns nor higher chances, just less of a headache. Make sure to abandon rather than completing so the quest doesn't disappear.

Edited by JoocyMan
Answer