Does the online mode still work in 2021?

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm this still works as of 1st May 2021, surprisingly there are still real players around as well while matching online. You do need an active PS+ subscription to fight the bots though

Took me about 2 hours to win 30 matches. Some bots are stronger than the others, if you see it's not in your favor, simply cancel and re-match again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/12/2022 at 0:45 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Trying to recall as haven't played this for a very long time. Are the AI bots PS4 only or can they be fought in Vita too?

I did all the online battles against bots on the Vita (late 2021). You have to have a great battle party to stand a chance against them and did this near the end of the playthrough. 

59 minutes ago, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

I did all the online battles against bots on the Vita (late 2021). You have to have a great battle party to stand a chance against them and did this near the end of the playthrough. 

That's good to know it's on the Vita as well. I was part way through myself but last I played had a bunch of Mons ready like Lillithmon, Rosemon Burst Mode, Beelzemon Burst Mode and a couple others on the back burner using two Platinum Numemon to quick evolve and devolve.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a rough estimate of how long you need to play to be able to knock this trophy out?

As in, at what point can you do these battles? Is it postgame content or can you do it early on?

I have this (and Hacker's Memory) in my backlog. I wasn't intending on playing them soon, but at the same time, you never know what will happen with online trophies. Kinda didn't want to start a new game without finishing what I'm working on, but it's been years since release. I guess it's what I get for spending years on MMOs and ignoring my poor consoles, ha.

Edited by Aknosom

It’s a fair way into both games. You get access to the mode early but you need a decent team of digimon to beat the AI teams.  Some are way easier than others but it’s rng which teams you go up against.  You need 3 decent Mega level digimon at a minimum.

Edited by Mr_Stkrdknmiblz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

It’s a fair way into both games. You get access to the mode early but you need a decent team of digimon to beat the AI teams.  Some are way easier than others but it’s rng which teams you go up against.  You need 3 decent Mega level digimon at a minimum.

Perfect, exactly what I needed to know!

Thank you!