YOUR top 5 PS 2 games

Valkirye22

I’ll list some games I haven’t seen mentioned here. My actual top 5 would be very different, but these games deserve a mention considering all of the hours I spent playing each of them! ?

Colin McRae Rally 3

FIFA Football 2003

Ratchet: Gladiator

The Sims Bustin’ Out

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MaeveWileyy_ said:
  1. Star Wars Battlefront 2
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh GX: Tag Force Evolution
  3. Ratchet and Clank 3
  4. Smackdown vs Raw (2004)
  5. GTA San Andreas / Bully 

Back in the day when my console was turned on for 3 months straight because I didn't have a memory card.

I had a moment where I went off to summer holidays, back in primary school where they lasted for two months - without my memory card.

We had the damn thing on for a month straight on Gran Turismo 3 trying to 100% it as much as possible (with a bunch of friends) then another week all together playing through Vice City with all the cheats of course - that was half the fun

• Like 1

When you knocked out the 3 gta games I got worried I couldn't name 5 games as my memory is horrendous, but some beauties suddenly dropped into my brain:

Raging Blades

Conflict desert storm

Champions of Norath

Timesplitters 2

Shrek super party

Thank you for posting this, reminded me of some brilliant games and gaming times... it also reminded me that I didn't play a huge amount of the ps2 offering looking at others lists.

crash twinsanity 

asterix & obelix xxl

pitfall: the lost expedition 

ice age 2 the meltdown

ssx 

Edit bonus: prince of persia ww, donald duck goin' quackers, total overdose, drakan the ancients' gates (fuck this one was sooooo good, amazing game!)

Edited by kevao97

1. Xenosaga trilogy, favorite games of all time (yes that's three game but it's a story driven trilogy so I count it as one).

2. Final Fantasy X-2, 9th favorite

3. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga I, 16th favorite

4. Drakengard, 18th favorite

5. Final Fantasy XII, 20th favorite

I love the PS2 era and am still collecting and playing PS2 games. I've got some rarities too like all 7 .hack games with the anime discs, Suikoden III, IV, and V, all three Fatal Frames, and Chulip. Yeah, I'm missing all $300+ horror games like Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, or Clock Tower 3 but I'll get there one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Some I remember fondly

2. Destruction derby

Now that is a name I haven't heard 15 years hahaha  - Destruction derby. I haven't put anywhere near the hours I did in the other titles I mentioned but that was a whole lot of fun.

27 minutes ago, DarthDeathscythe said:

Project Zero 3

I wish they would make a remaster versions of these games on ps4/ps5

Is that the horror game where you fight off ghosts with an old camera? They made 3!?

I remember Project Zero (1) came on a demo disc with PSX magazine, scared the sh*t out of us ~12yr olds trying to play it.

That's a hard choice, the PS2 era was one of my favorite gens... :hmm:

I could easily come up with 10, but give or take, I guess my top 5 would be:

• Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
  • Shadow Hearts
  • Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  • Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica
  • Final Fantasy X

OzrU88G.jpg

These (& really their other games in their respective series as well) are gems, not too many games released afterwords on future consoles can come close to them. I'd probably enjoy any of them more than any PS5 game out right now. xD Also here's 6-10 for my honorable mentions section...

• Persona 4
  • Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  • Dark Cloud 2
  • Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
  • .hack//G.U. Vol.3//Redemption

Sometimes these show up in my top 5 as well, just depends on the kinda mood I'm in. :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

Is that the horror game where you fight off ghosts with an old camera? They made 3!?

I remember Project Zero (1) came on a demo disc with PSX magazine, scared the sh*t out of us ~12yr olds trying to play it.

Yeah thats the one, Project Zero 3 was  an exclusive one on ps2 and was the best part of the series for me. You should check whole series, scary as hell in japanesse style

Didn’t play many PS2 games as I was broke kid but I’d say, in no particular order:

• Metal Gear Solid 3

• Metal Gear Solid 2
• Final Fantasy X
• God of War
• God of War 2

Which, by the way, I still owe since I have a 1st Gen PS3 that’s backwards compatible with PS and PS2 games.