YOUR top 5 PS 2 games

Valkirye22

I still need to play lots and lots of PS2 games. I've been gaming on Playstation since 1997, but I took a 10 year break from games for multiple reasons, so I missed out on the tail-end of the PS1, the entirety of the PS2, and the first year or two of the PS3. No regrets, but I do realize that I missed out on what many consider to be the golden age of gaming. Out of the dozen or so PS2 games I have managed to play, these were my favorite 5:

1) Urban Chaos: Riot Response

2) Twisted Metal Black

3) Cold Winter

4) Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

5) Black

1) Dynasty Warriors 3
2) Grand Theft Auto 3
3) Katamari Damacy
4) We Love Katamari Damacy
5) Guitar Freaks 4th Mix / DrumMania 3rd Mix

Honorable mentions would Resident Evil 4, that game should be my No 1 but I kinda feel like it is a Gamecube game since I played the hell out of it on Gamecube first before I got the PS2 version.

Mine have all probably been said already

1. Dark Cloud 2. This game was my first JRPG and Level-5 have made some of my favourite games of all time. Level-5 are like Naughty Dog. When you see the logo you know the game will be tight

2. Burnout 3: Takedown. Crazy stupid fun. The crash junctions are amazing. 

3. Black. This game was one of my favourite FPS games. Just a shame it was so short. 

4. Need For Speed Underground - yes number 1 not number 2

5. A toss up between the Godfather Game and God of War. I really enjoyed the Godfather game. And no need to say more. Gow of War is an amazing franchise and the first game needs some love. 

Honourable mentions: Red Faction 2 (multitap seller), Buzz the big quiz (some great family nights when I was a kid), SOCOM, any Need for Speed really, NHL 2K8, Tony Hawks Underground, Shadows of the Colossus. 

Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 1

It is impossible to list just 5, and I will probably leave a lot of favorites out, but here goes (in no particular order):

1 - God of War II

2 - Devil May Cry 3

3 - Samurai Warriors 2

4 - Kingdom Hearts 2

5 - Persona 3

Edited by Zircon_Lotus
Typo

1. Devil May Cry

2. Metal Gear Solid 2

3. Grand Theft Auto III

4. Final Fantasy X

5. Kingdom Hearts

These games introduced me into series I still love today (kinda). 

Of course it's difficult to not mention games like Timesplitters, ICO, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, God of War, Okami, Grandia, Zone of the Enders, ... 

(Oops, I guess I mentioned it after all.) 

33 minutes ago, WhisperingDusk said:

2. Metal Gear Solid 2

These games introduced me into series I still love today (kinda). 

I also spend hundreds of hours replaying MGS2 back in the day as a kid, it was my first game in the series and I absolutely loved it.

Only later did I find about all the flak it got for some reason - without it I doubt I'd get into MGS and experience MGS3

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

I also spend hundreds of hours replaying MGS2 back in the day as a kid, it was my first game in the series and I absolutely loved it.

Only later did I find about all the flak it got for some reason - without it I doubt I'd get into MGS and experience MGS3

Yeah, exactly the same for me. Just going back into game over and over and doing fun stuff with the Stealth Suit and C4. And later I played all the VR missions that came with the Substance or PS3 release. Ah good times.

Recently I even watched this YouTube Analysis MGS2 is a Masterpiece and it really gave me some nostalgia vibes. 

2 minutes ago, WhisperingDusk said:

Yeah, exactly the same for me. Just going back into game over and over and doing fun stuff with the Stealth Suit and C4. And later I played all the VR missions that came with the Substance or PS3 release. Ah good times.

Recently I even watched this YouTube Analysis MGS2 is a Masterpiece and it really gave me some nostalgia vibes. 

For me it's the Hans Zimmer intro/main theme score ahhh goosebumps to this day

I swear to this day I could play the tanker section blindfolded

5 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

Rule of Rose

Rule of Rose!

Crikey - there's a game I haven't thought about in a long time!

...and here was me thinking Shadow of Memories was an obscure choice - kudos, my friend ???

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Rule of Rose!

Crikey - there's a game I haven't thought about in a long time!

...and here was me thinking Shadow of Memories was an obscure choice - kudos, my friend 1f604.png1f44d.png1f44d.png

Could've put Haunting Ground but Rule of Rose is a little bit more f*cked up. ?

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1

Ummm that's a tough one but i would go for 

1)Black 

2)Dragon ball budokai tenkaiche 2/3

3)Resident evil 4

4)Resident evil code veronica 

5)God of war 2

Hoping for more ps2 titles to be emulated and playable on ps4/ps5 especially the ones which never had remaster or got bundled into hd collection

• 4 weeks later...

I rented a lot of PS2 games, but out of the ones I bought

1. Final Fantasy X-2

2. Kingdom Hearts 2

3. Sonic Heroes

4. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2

5. Kingdom Hearts 1- my very first PS2 game and also first JRPG, the game that got me into FF as well so that's why it's in my top 5

Only 5 was a hard choice ?

The Simpsons Hit and Run 

The Getaway games 

NFS : Most Wanted 

XG III : Extreme G Racing (So underrated) 

GTA : San Andreas 

Honorable mentions : Midnight Club 2, Juiced, The Simpsons Road Rage, Black, Bully (Canis Canem Edit), Prince of Persia, Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex.