Honourable mentions: Burnout 2 and Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland 

Edited by Feral
Forgot games

I don't have an order but

Bully

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance

Burnout 3 Takedown

PES 2005

WWE (I liked them all but can't remember my favourite)

The Simpsons Hit and Run

Star Wars Battlefont

haha I named more then 5, I just kept thinking of more and couldn't stop, probably tons more but I couldn't think

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, HuntingFever said:

Extinction - a seriously under-rated Resident Evil clone that no-one talks about :(.

Aqua, Aqua: Wetrix 2

MGS 3

Timesplitters 3

Red Faction 1

Yes too extinction. 
very underrated and actually good.

I hear we were gonna get it tru ps2 on ps4 but obviously that didn’t pan out.?

• Like 1

Here are five I just thought of right now...

* Time Crisis: Crisis Zone- Great machine gun game with a lot of destructible objects in the stages, a bit like PS3's Razing Storm.

* Time Crisis 3

* R-Type Final

* Gradius V (by Treasure & G.rev... Konami should sell the franchise to these two developers if they're not going to do anything more with it)

* Battle Gear 2 (good racing game by Taito featuring licensed vehicles by Mazda, Honda, Toyota, and others)

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1

Great topic. PS2 is one of those systems/ages that I just immediately feel like I have my personal top 5 that float to the top every time.

In no specific order:

1. Final Fantasy X - Easily will win every time as my favorite FF game, and a game that for me personally, officially got me into the series as well as turn-based games in general.
  2. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - I played this game more than any other as a couch co-op with my best friend in my youth. So many great memories.
  3. Kingdom Hearts - Will always have a special place in my heart - so many unique emotions and feels from this one.
  4. Dark Cloud - I feel like a lot of people forget about this one - but being able to dungeon crawl, level weapons, and build a town all in one game was extremely gratifying.
  5. Guitar Hero (Series) - Only one person has listed this so far aside from me! The sheer amount of time I played this with friends...hell, this game helped me MAKE friends in college. 

There's so many more, but I will try to not cheat by adding honorable mentions...

• Like 1

It’s hard enough to find a top 5 so these are in rough order.

Manhunt

Star Wars Battlefront II

Dragon Quest VIII

Star Wars Racer Revenge

Red Dead Revolver (the first PlayStation game I sat down and beat in one session because I was so engrossed)

Honorable mentions: Twisted Metal Black, Dark Cloud, Katamari Damacy, GTA Vice City, MVP Baseball 04/05.

There's so many great PS2 games, that it's really hard to choose just 5. This list could easily change day to day, and still be full of classics. For now I'll go with:

• .hack//G.U.
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Persona 3 FES
  • Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

• 3 weeks later...

1 dragon quest 8

2 final fantasy x

3 Mortal kombat deception

4 street fighter ex3

5 Manhunt

Dang there r more i would place in, few honorable mentions are dbz budokai 1-3, timesplitters 2, quake 3 Revolution, soldier of fortune 2, unreal tournement, tekken 4.

Edited by Sagaan

Probably one of the most legendary consoles ever. Almost every saga had a golden moment during 1999-2006. Excluding GT4 and San Andreas my top would be:

Final Fantasy X

Resident Evil 4

God of War II

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

And the always forgotten... BATTLE STADIUM D.O.N

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...