Glitched trophy advice

CraigyCX

So I started this game on permadeath and upon comparing my milestones to my trophies I noticed I’m missing two trophies that I have definitely unlocked. They are for:

Meeting 10 Aliens (Bronze) AND

Walking 50,000 steps (Silver)

I’ve read that starting a new character is a potential way to fix this annoying issue. Can anyone confirm... also any farming methods for the 50,000 steps... I’m very reluctant to spend an additional 7 hours to obtain that milestone again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

All you can do is start a new game from scratch :(. There are no farming methods for grinding out steps taken, unless you want to leave your system on over night and wedge the thumbsticks in such a way that you walk in circles for hours on end.

This was my initial thought process too. My character would be dying constantly through a depleted life support bar so I’m guessing it would take a hell of a long time. So annoying, I’ve been really enjoying the game up until this point too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CraigyCX said:

This was my initial thought process too. My character would be dying constantly through a depleted life support bar so I’m guessing it would take a hell of a long time. So annoying, I’ve been really enjoying the game up until this point too. 

If you do it in a space station, your life support won't go down or at least not as fast as it will planetside. Also, I recommend reporting this issue directly to the devs and uploading your savefile to them so they can take a look at it.

• Like 2

On 15/04/2021 at 10:40 PM, HuntingFever said:

If you do it in a space station, your life support won't go down or at least not as fast as it will planetside. Also, I recommend reporting this issue directly to the devs and uploading your savefile to them so they can take a look at it.

Great shout on the space station. I’ve currently got my character rubber-banded and hopefully that will nab me the 50,000 steps. Unfortunately the alien met trophy is still glitched for me. Started a new character and despite meeting 10 aliens still no trophy. Potentially might be worth completely wiping my save, uninstalling the game and then trying again and just reinstalling my permadeath save when the problem is solved... trying to stay optimistic. 

Edited by CraigyCX
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, michael_martin said:

I didn't get the trophies for warping 5 times and 40 times, but then I did get the one for warping 75 times. What a pain. Don't feel like starting again to be honest. I've read about all types of trophies glitching for this game on ps5. Seems kinda random. 

I feel your pain. After this post I had a few others act up too. I was able to resolve them all but it’s a really annoying time sink for something that should be a given. The Prisms update released this week but I didn’t see anything about any sort of trophy fix. Hope you can get it sorted soon! 

I found a fix that worked for me today on the trophy for going 20 sols on an extreme planet. 

I noticed that the trophy didn't pop when I passed 20 sols, so I saved, turned off the game, restarted the ps5. Then I went into trophies and I had the trophy! No trophy notification. 

I suspect this would only work if you do it before you earn any more trophies.

3 hours ago, michael_martin said:

I found a fix that worked for me today on the trophy for going 20 sols on an extreme planet. 

I noticed that the trophy didn't pop when I passed 20 sols, so I saved, turned off the game, restarted the ps5. Then I went into trophies and I had the trophy! No trophy notification. 

The PS5 has unlock issues with trophies anyway so that fix will work with most games where trophies should have unlocked but haven't :).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, michael_martin said:

That is strange. I wouldn’t like to say really. I have only had issues with No Man’s Sky and trophies not unlocking when they should. ( I have had other issues with trophies in other games but they’ve been on the game’s side rather than the particular trophy. ) It’s great that you’ve had a breakthrough though and hopefully your information will be able to help someone else too. I found the trophies for No Man’s Sky to be a massive letdown in an otherwise impressive title.  

On 6/8/2021 at 4:30 AM, michael_martin said:

I tried this for my glitched trophies, but no luck. In fact, I've tried a good number of things, including

• Creating multiple new characters/save files
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Continuing to play on different save files, hoping that the trophies would unlock with time/activity
  • Power cycling the PS5 after meeting the trophy requirement

And yet I still have yet to unlock 'Trader' and 'Magnate' even though I incrementally hit the requirements, and I was only able to unlock 'Contact' on my Expeditions save after getting the silver with higher alien contact requirements. I've submitted two bug tickets to Hello Games, with links to this and the many Reddit threads showing that it's an issue and has been an issue for months now.

Ultimately, I installed the PS4 version which does not have glitched trophies. It runs well on the PS5, though you lose all the bumps in resolution, graphics, etc. Shame.

24 minutes ago, HollowGaunt said:

I tried this for my glitched trophies, but no luck. In fact, I've tried a good number of things, including

• Creating multiple new characters/save files
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Continuing to play on different save files, hoping that the trophies would unlock with time/activity
  • Power cycling the PS5 after meeting the trophy requirement

And yet I still have yet to unlock 'Trader' and 'Magnate' even though I incrementally hit the requirements, and I was only able to unlock 'Contact' on my Expeditions save after getting the silver with higher alien contact requirements. I've submitted two bug tickets to Hello Games, with links to this and the many Reddit threads showing that it's an issue and has been an issue for months now.

Ultimately, I installed the PS4 version which does not have glitched trophies. It runs well on the PS5, though you lose all the bumps in resolution, graphics, etc. Shame.

Something I observed whilst trying to fix these trophies was that when one or more milestones were achieved either at the same time or within close proximity from each other it often caused one to not pop the trophy. For this reason when going for ‘Contact’ I ensured that I did not learn any alien words and this worked for me. Similarly with ‘Have Spacesuit - Will Travel’ and ‘The Forever War’ I ensured that they were the only milestones I achieved around the time I met the requirement and once again both popped perfectly fine. I may have been very lucky but I thought I’d share this just in case it does help. Ultimately I think it’s probably more RNG but information can be so scarce to come by on these sort of glitched trophies and I can appreciate the annoyance it causes. 

22 hours ago, CraigyCX said:

Something I observed whilst trying to fix these trophies was that when one or more milestones were achieved either at the same time or within close proximity from each other it often caused one to not pop the trophy. For this reason when going for ‘Contact’ I ensured that I did not learn any alien words and this worked for me. Similarly with ‘Have Spacesuit - Will Travel’ and ‘The Forever War’ I ensured that they were the only milestones I achieved around the time I met the requirement and once again both popped perfectly fine. I may have been very lucky but I thought I’d share this just in case it does help. Ultimately I think it’s probably more RNG but information can be so scarce to come by on these sort of glitched trophies and I can appreciate the annoyance it causes. 

Thanks for the additional info. Unfortunately, I tried this approach with 'Trader'--I slowly incremented up to the milestone on a new save, and made sure that was the only one that I would reach within a good 10+ minutes window. Still no go.

I think it comes down to the save file when it's first generated, but without knowing how glitched your trophies are, it's hard to commit to do a full run when you could be stuck without the survival trophies.

Edited by HollowGaunt

Another thing that worked for me when going for the 32 sols on an extreme planet trophy...

I made a save when I was on 31.9 sols. The trophy then didn't pop on 32 sols, so I quit the game and restarted from my save point at 31.9 sols again. The second time it popped. 

Its an obvious one to try but you need to be aware of when you are close to getting the trophy. 

Its not a fix for anyone looking to pop trophies that glitched ages ago, but if you go into the game prepared for trophy glitches then this works. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, michael_martin said:

Another thing that worked for me when going for the 32 sols on an extreme planet trophy...

I made a save when I was on 31.9 sols. The trophy then didn't pop on 32 sols, so I quit the game and restarted from my save point at 31.9 sols again. The second time it popped. 

Its an obvious one to try but you need to be aware of when you are close to getting the trophy. 

Its not a fix for anyone looking to pop trophies that glitched ages ago, but if you go into the game prepared for trophy glitches then this works. 

That’s actually a really useful tip. I never thought to do it but it makes sense. Could have save myself a lot of time and frustration haha. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 5:21 PM, CraigyCX said:

So I started this game on permadeath and upon comparing my milestones to my trophies I noticed I’m missing two trophies that I have definitely unlocked. They are for:

Meeting 10 Aliens (Bronze) AND

Walking 50,000 steps (Silver)

I’ve read that starting a new character is a potential way to fix this annoying issue. Can anyone confirm... also any farming methods for the 50,000 steps... I’m very reluctant to spend an additional 7 hours to obtain that milestone again. 

I can confirm for sure that starting a new character can work. I, for example, had the bronze and gold trophies tied to learning words, but somehow the silver got skipped. 
while I’m not 100% sure, I THINK it may have been because I got the requisite number of words simultaneously with one of the aliens met milestones, and the milestone for the words didn’t pop up on my screen and thus neither did the trophy. 
when I started a new character I paid attention to where I was on the milestones and made sure I did nothing until the milestone message popped up when I knew I hit the right amount, just to be safe. 

• Like 1

I have spoken to over 100 aliens and haven't even got the first trophy for "Contact" not sure what to do is starting a new character the only solution? I even created another game got to space station talked to 10 alien and still nothing. I dunno how to get this to pop?

Edited by Zjinn
added more info

10 hours ago, Zjinn said:

I have spoken to over 100 aliens and haven't even got the first trophy for "Contact" not sure what to do is starting a new character the only solution? I even created another game got to space station talked to 10 alien and still nothing. I dunno how to get this to pop?

Once a trophy glitches, your only option is to delete your save and start over, because just starting a new game won't do it. If all else fails, you can import a save from the PS4 version and auto-pop it.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Once a trophy glitches, your only option is to delete your save and start over, because just starting a new game won't do it. If all else fails, you can import a save from the PS4 version and auto-pop it.

Ya I never played the PS4 version I got it just a week ago on my PS5, I guess I could install PS4 version and spam aliens get trophies then sync over ps4 save once I install ps5 version? Should pop them right then download my current game from the cloud?

39 minutes ago, Zjinn said:

Ya I never played the PS4 version I got it just a week ago on my PS5, I guess I could install PS4 version and spam aliens get trophies then sync over ps4 save once I install ps5 version? Should pop them right then download my current game from the cloud?

Correct, though you may have to delete your PS5 save first.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Shelim-S said:

Are the milestones still glitched?

Yes some of them are, but exactly which ones will glitch is a bit random. I'd recommend paying close attention to your milestones progress. When you get very close to a milestone, make a manual save. Then go for the milestone and if it doesn't pop then reload. 

Took me three or four tries on one of the milestones but I got the plat eventually.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2021 at 4:13 PM, michael_martin said:

Yes some of them are, but exactly which ones will glitch is a bit random. I'd recommend paying close attention to your milestones progress. When you get very close to a milestone, make a manual save. Then go for the milestone and if it doesn't pop then reload. 

Took me three or four tries on one of the milestones but I got the plat eventually.

The ones that are not obtainable for me are the trophies of the steps and those of the aliens encountered. So if I save before each milestone and the trophy doesn't drop. I do a manual save and I reload it endlessly until it drops? I thought it was a save issue for the unreachable trophies. I was going to remove and reinstall the game xD

2 hours ago, PewZyy said:

The ones that are not obtainable for me are the trophies of the steps and those of the aliens encountered. So if I save before each milestone and the trophy doesn't drop. I do a manual save and I reload it endlessly until it drops? I thought it was a save issue for the unreachable trophies. I was going to remove and reinstall the game xD

Just save right before a milestone is due to pop. If it doesn't pop then reload that save and try again. Rinse and repeat until trophy pops.

• Like 1

Alien Colonist Encounters and Space Exploration milestones are glitched for me aswell, and I hate that for Space Exploration I now have gold trophy but not silver ?

Well, now I'll make manual save for the missing milestones and just go for the center, than big wipe and just redo everything from scratch for glitched trophies...