Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parker

PS4 Sold Over 1 Million Units On Launch

37 posts in this topic

It seems like the PlayStation 4 is off to a very good start. In the first 24 hours it has already sold over 1,000,000 units and sales will just continue to climb. 

Sony announced today that one million PlayStation 4s have already been sold in North America. The news was confirmed via Twitter by Sony Worldwide Studios presidentShuhei Yoshida, who wrote “PS4 has sold through over 1 million units within 24 hours of the launch in North America!”

Adam Boyes, Sony Vice President of publisher and developer relations, added “Thanks to all of you gamers in getting us to 1,000,000 sales of PS4 in our first 24 hours!”

Sony announced at Gamescom that PlayStation 4 had surpassed 1 million pre-orders. In September, Sony Computer Entertainment president Andrew House said Sony hopes to sell 5 million PlayStation 4s by March 2014.

PlayStation 4 launched in North America on November 15th and will be released in Europe, Australia and New Zealand on November 29th. The console will launch in Japan in 2014.

Source: IGN

I'm happy to say I contributed to one of those units. 

Parker

Me too! Ill be curious to see what the numbers are after eu release

Probably would've been well over 2 million if it was a worldwide launch.

I'm not that surprised by the number of soled consoles to be honest, but I'm happy to hear that!

Not really a surprise, but it got really good numbers! Sadly, I haven't contributed to it, but I'm happy to see it went well.....can't wait to get the numbers for the first month, including the EU launch!

Yeah but considering it was only one country with one mill on launch that is nothing to shack a stick at. to bad the vita did not do so well.

Parker, I could look this up myself however I think I'll put you to work! :lol:

Would you post that PS4 24 hour unit number and list below it the same 24 hour period release sale numbers of the PS3 and PS2 respectively?!

I won't :wub: you but I will respect you in the morning! :blink:

j/k!

Seriously, yah could ya do it?

Parker, I could look this up myself however I think I'll put you to work! :lol:

Would you post that PS4 24 hour unit number and list below it the same 24 hour period release sale numbers of the PS3 and PS2 respectively?!

I won't :wub: you but I will respect you in the morning! :blink:

j/k!

Seriously, yah could ya do it?

PS3:

Japan: 81,640 systems in the first 24 hours

United States: Sony announced 400,000 systems would be available, apparently a shipping error meant 40% didn't arrive by launch. Exact numbers unknown but it is believed to be around 197,000. 

Europe: 600,000 over the course of two days, exact figures unknown for launch day only. 

Australia: 27,000 units in the first 24 hours.

PS2:

Japan: 600,000 consoles on launch day.

United States: 500,000 consoles sold in two days, launch day figures are unknown. 

Europe: 60,000 consoles on launch. 

Sources: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Biggest_game_system_launcheshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_launch

That is what I could figure out. Hope it helps. 

Parker

Edited by Parker

PS3:

Japan: 81,640 systems in the first 24 hours

United States: Sony announced 400,000 systems would be available, apparently a shipping error meant 40% didn't arrive by launch. Exact numbers unknown but it is believed to be around 197,000. 

Europe: 600,000 over the course of two days, exact figures unknown for launch day only. 

Australia: 27,000 units in the first 24 hours.

PS2:

Japan: 600,000 consoles on launch day.

United States: 500,000 consoles sold in two days, launch day figures are unknown. 

Europe: 60,000 consoles on launch. 

Sources: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Biggest_game_system_launcheshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_launch

That is what I could figure out. Hope it helps. 

Parker

Wow, it has sold even more than the PS2, and that's something! Now the sales pacing it follows during the first year is crucial. 

I thank you for these facts, IMO I think it makes your initial post more insightful when comparing with past releases.

Much respect to you!

Edited in part:

omar280792 says Wow, it has sold even more than the PS2, and that's something!...

To Parker: See what I mean?

Edited by rallysportev

Chart from Reddit, showing sold units in their first month (except PS4, which is for 24H):

screenshot2013-11-17a34cad.png

Hmm...I wounder how much XBONE is going to get? Although I think it's safe to say the PS4 kicked @ss.

Hmm...I wounder how much XBONE is going to get? Although I think it's safe to say the PS4 kicked @ss.

Given all the polls and opinions about it along with having the highest price in the console market I would guess no more than 600 or 700 thousand

Edited by rsoto1125

Now we just need failure figures to shut people up.

Wow, really awesome. Can't wait to get mine, two weeks.

Now we just need failure figures to shut people up.

^This.

It only seems bigger than it is because almost every site is writing about it.

1 Million in the whole of the US really isn't that much , i was expecting higher numbers .... 

but either way that's great ! 

2 Million? Really?

MUCH MUCH more

it was only north America,

1 Million in the whole of the US really isn't that much , i was expecting higher numbers .... 

but either way that's great ! 

Those numbers are actually all of North America, but there are tons of people who weren't able to get theirs in time so there's that too.

Those are mostly pre-order numbers so that in itself is pretty damn impressive.

Yeah there were some stores that had extra stock, but those numbers were in the 250 units or less.

Glad I got mine Day 1, hoping for some great games on the PS4.