SMB Forever is out but no trophies?

ZachSmoke

So the game released tonight at midnight and no trophies? Hopefully the will add them soon. I played a few levels on the PS5 and was not aware you have no control of your speed. That's something to get used too. 

The list is on xbox so I don't see why they werent added. https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Super-Meat-Boy-Forever/achievements

Edited by ZachSmoke
  • Like 1

Hahaha why am I not surprised that this didn't go smoothly either ? Well, at least the game released, who would have thought! 

In all seriousness though... The list is very similar to SMB in that all light and dark worlds need to be completed without dying. This could be harder here though since, as mentioned, levels are not fixed.

Instead, there is a pool of 7200 stages, and levels are constructed by randomly stringing together stages from that pool, so that you will have to rely on reflexes rather than muscle memory. I guess since there are 12 worlds, each world has a pool of 600 levels.

I haven't played the game yet so really dunno how tough these worlds are. 

However, if you can use seeds... 

• Like 4

Im currently playing on the ps5.

the trophies pop on the notifications at my screen, but, when i go check my trophies list, they’re not there. In fact, it doesnt even shows up at my games trophies list. Weird... hope they fix it soon.

the game is amazing btw!

Edited by JanBuatim1
Mispell

If a game's trophies aren't syncing, just tell the dev on Twitter or go to the dev/publishers website and use the contact form to tell them they need to activate the trophies on PSN because they're not syncing. It takes them a few minutes to activate and should appear as soon as they submit the request on the backend - as a reviewer I email them all the time as a lot of games launch with the publisher forgetting to activate the trophies.

7 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

The End Is Nigh had the same issue, game in store but trophies couldn't be synced with PSN. Nicalis was the one who ported the game, maybe it's the case here, too.

Seems like this one was not handled by Nicalis.

I posted on their Discord in bug report channel.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, turniplord said:

If a game's trophies aren't syncing, just tell the dev on Twitter or go to the dev/publishers website and use the contact form to tell them they need to activate the trophies on PSN because they're not syncing. It takes them a few minutes to activate and should appear as soon as they submit the request on the backend - as a reviewer I email them all the time as a lot of games launch with the publisher forgetting to activate the trophies.

Or you end up with incompetent devs who still won't make certain PS3/PS4 lists syncable. Look how long it took for Five Nights at Freddy's 5: Sister Location to finally get fixed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Or you end up with incompetent devs who still won't make certain PS3/PS4 lists syncable. Look how long it took for Five Nights at Freddy's 5: Sister Location to finally get fixed. 

This^

I still have my master list of non-syncing trophy lists and it's getting longer by the day, in fact I just added 3 more to it this morning :(: LINK

This problem is getting worse but no-one at Sony is lifting a finger to try and help fix it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

I still have my master list of non-syncing trophy lists and it's getting longer by the day, in fact I just added 3 more to it this morning :(: LINK

This problem is getting worse but no-one at Sony is lifting a finger to try and help fix it.

because it’s nothing to do with Sony. The publisher has to enable the trophies from their end, a contracting Sony themselves if there’s an issue or they aren’t sure what to do.

have you contacted the publisher of all the games you’ve listed? As long as they’re still active, all the PS4 games could get their lists enabled without any issues. I contacted the publisher about Mahluk and within a few hours the trophies were enabled. 

you’ve listed a lot of VR experiences. Do you know first-hand that there should be trophies to sync? A lot of experiences don’t actually have any trophies - if you put your PS4/5 in offline mode, you won’t see any listed for the game. For example, you list that 3m Spain VR experience, which I own, yet I don’t recall it actually having any trophies built into it.

I’ll email the publisher about SMB, not sure where they’re located but the trophies shouldn’t be missing much longer

Edited by turniplord

19 minutes ago, turniplord said:

because it’s nothing to do with Sony. The publisher has to enable the trophies from their end, a contracting Sony themselves if there’s an issue or they aren’t sure what to do.

have you contacted the publisher of all the games you’ve listed? As long as they’re still active, all the PS4 games could get their lists enabled without any issues. I contacted the publisher about Mahluk and within a few hours the trophies were enabled. 

you’ve listed a lot of VR experiences. Do you know first-hand that there should be trophies to sync? A lot of experiences don’t actually have any trophies - if you put your PS4/5 in offline mode, you won’t see any listed for the game. For example, you list that 3m Spain VR experience, which I own, yet I don’t recall it actually having any trophies built into it.

I’ll email the publisher about SMB, not sure where they’re located but the trophies shouldn’t be missing much longer

I don't have a PS VR myself because my games room isn't big enough and I can't afford to buy one but I have friends who do have it and they confirmed several of the non-syncers, whereas the rest I had to do some poking around the net to find the info. If there are any inaccuracies in the list, then I'll fix the matter ASAP.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 minutes ago, Miles said:

Jokes on you - SMB is one of the most fun platformers out there, surely a better game than 90% of your stacks that you played purely for fun. Nice try though

agreed, game holds up very good even in 2021- Finished it again on my switch last month it's still addictive as hell and so so good. I really wish SMB Forever would have been a prequel by Team Meat and not this abomination ^^

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 3

The no death trophies are back.. gotta beat each world without dying

Looks like another 10/10 difficulty plat 

5 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

agreed, game holds up very good even in 2021- Finished it again on my switch last month it's still addictive as hell and so so good. I really wish SMB Forever would have been a prequel by Team Meat and not this abomination ^^

Well they wanted to try something new, but yea I would have preferred a straight platformer instead of this auto runner, mobile game looking thing.

still gonna give it a shot anyway.

49 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I don't have a PS VR myself because my games room isn't big enough and I can't afford to buy one but I have friends who do have it and they confirmed several of the non-syncers, whereas the rest I had to do some poking around the net to find the info. If there are any inaccuracies in the list, then I'll fix the matter ASAP.

If you've not confirmed them then they should be in another list as, as I said, a few games on the list don't actually have trophy support at all due to being experiences and now actually 'games'.

If you can confirm some don't have syncable trophies, have you emailed the developers and publishers of each one? If not, making a list is pointless as it means you're highlighting the issue but not pushing the devs in the right direction to resolve it. When I realised over 70 PS4 games were missing off the PS5 PSN store (as they were for about 4 months), I contacted every single dev and got them all to pester Sony to update the store listings - within days they all appeared on the store. 

Sometimes the devs and publishers aren't aware things aren't as expected until you explain to them what's happened. Especially with the new store and the way they publish the games.

**I've emailed my contact for SMB and Mittelborg, asking them to enable trophies. I'll look through that list at games I own and contact those I know and can confirm are actually not syncing.**

Edited by turniplord