Autopop Trophies?

Slipknot_Fan007

I bought the legend edition which gives me the free PS5 upgrade, and I'm trying to decide if I want to go for the PS4 platinum first and then do PS5, or vice versa. Do we know if trophies auto pop yet from one version to the other? Haven't been able to play yet and wanna know what to boot up first. 

It doesn’t look like they auto pop. I started on PS5 and then tried the PS4 version. I had uploaded my road to the show player to the cloud and when I played it on PS4, I didn’t get the trophy for being drafted. I was at 44 home runs and tried a home run derby, when I got to 6 home runs in the derby, the 50 HR trophy popped but not the 25 HR. I quit the game before finishing the derby and switched to ps5. It still showed the 44 homer runs, so I’m not locked out of that trophy. 

Hopefully they’ll fix the home run trophy or playing one platform will lock you out of the platinum on the other. 

You can’t transfer March to October progress from one platform to another. 

The trophy for opening your first pack will pop when you open a pack on that platform. I had opened packs on my ps5 and it popped when I opened my first pack on PS4. 

you can get the trophy for equipping a bat skin by choosing one on the other platform. 

Since you can start a new road to the show player, it appears that only the home run trophies might be missable. 

9 hours ago, DXCubfan said:

It doesn’t look like they auto pop. I started on PS5 and then tried the PS4 version. I had uploaded my road to the show player to the cloud and when I played it on PS4, I didn’t get the trophy for being drafted. I was at 44 home runs and tried a home run derby, when I got to 6 home runs in the derby, the 50 HR trophy popped but not the 25 HR. I quit the game before finishing the derby and switched to ps5. It still showed the 44 homer runs, so I’m not locked out of that trophy. 

Hopefully they’ll fix the home run trophy or playing one platform will lock you out of the platinum on the other. 

The first time I played on the PS4 version after playing on the PS5, the 100 HR trophy popped but not the 50 and 25. I then hit 25 HRs in the home run derby but no trophy. It looks like we are going to have to wait for a patch to fix this.

On 4/18/2021 at 0:40 AM, KingmathyGoodman said:

You should always do the PS4 version of any game first before you load it's PS5 version to have the chance of autopoping trophies; not the other way.

There are a handful of games that have auto popped trophies going from PS5 to PS4 from what I've seen, so not always.

• Like 2

It's a long shot, but does anyone know if we're able to pop trophies by transferring data from the Xbox version? I know you can link accounts between the two and share certain cloud saves, but I'm not sure if trophies/achievements can only be shared between PS4 and PS5.

I wound up playing over there just because it's on Game Pass, but if it ever goes on sale on PSN (or gets on PS Now/PS Plus), it'd be good to pick it up for a quick plat. 

Edited by JD-D2

• 4 months later...
On 4/22/2021 at 5:45 PM, JD-D2 said:

It's a long shot, but does anyone know if we're able to pop trophies by transferring data from the Xbox version? I know you can link accounts between the two and share certain cloud saves, but I'm not sure if trophies/achievements can only be shared between PS4 and PS5.

I wound up playing over there just because it's on Game Pass, but if it ever goes on sale on PSN (or gets on PS Now/PS Plus), it'd be good to pick it up for a quick plat. 

Curious about this myself