CONFIRMED: Battlefield 6 IS coming to PS4/XBONE

kidson2004

With rumors and developers stating that destruction in the new game will make Siege of Shanghai look like puny In comparison. (Rumors say to imagine 100 skyscrapers falling ) your PS4 will most likely explode. I hundred percent agree making this next generation game only.

Edited by SKiL_Clash

No worries for PS4 owners this will NOT happen. Why would EA do this? This means less sells and after the BF5 debacle that will not happen. Sold millions but that was still lower than expected by EA. So why would they do this. This makes no sense. Nonsens rumor and clickbait.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paco-001 said:

No worries for PS4 owners this will NOT happen. Why would EA do this? This means less sells and after the BF5 debacle that will not happen. Sold millions but that was still lower than expected by EA. So why would they do this. This makes no sense. Nonsens rumor and clickbait.

Not really. They’re are rumors that it’s going on game pass. So xbox users and pc users can all play. Along with cross play, it’s not really a huge loss to them if old console fans don’t play.

If you really want a new game on old hardware, it’s just going to be a bad experience for you. Look at Coldwar on PS4 or Xbox One. Couldn’t play without it crashing and the campaign cut scenes are terrible and took months to fix. Better yet look at Cyberpunk lmao. 

this game is built for next generation, I’m sorry, but a PS4 literally explodes with Coldwar. With the Frostbite engine, your PS4 is going to go nuclear.

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 4

No disrespect but why? $$$ Thats why. And COD still comes to PS4 for the same reason. Microsoft would not pay that amount to EA. This is an AAA game. No 'small' AA game like Outriders. This game cost tens of millions (>100 million ??) to make.

• Like 1

This won't happen. By the release of BF6 there will be plenty of people who aren't able to get a ps5 even if they want to. Unless the ps5 is more established it wouldn't make sense to exclude the ps4 from big games like battlefield or CoD. I think it's up to the first party developers to bring us ps5 only games. We will probably get a ps5 only ratched and clank and gran turismo 7.

• Like 1

For me this goes one of two ways.

1 - It never comes to PS4 and I won't care.

2 - It is released as a PS5 Limited Edition BF6 Bundle that I will buy.

(I love BF series, even V!, that glitched out trash)

I think they will cash grab and release on PS4. There is also some motivation to have full servers so, again, PS4.

I hope this is true. I don't want to see years and years of games that come to both platforms, at that point, what the hell is even the point of the new generation?

Hoping Activision will make Cold War the last COD on current platforms, but it's that COD 2021 will be at minimum the last current gen COD. Since Ghosts, Advanced Warfare & BO3 were all available on PS3/360.

This seems to be the day of the dumb announcements / rumors. So EA, who doesn't need to sell console and could not give a damn on which console their customer will play the game (like Activision, Ubisoft, Rockstar, etc) as long as they buy it is going to skip 150+ million potential customers while going for probably possibly 15 million?

Or will they make the game in the hopes of future sales in the next (long) years?

That will look awesome on the SEC filings and shareholders meetings.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 3:18 PM, SKiL_Clash said:

Not really. They’re are rumors that it’s going on game pass. So xbox users and pc users can all play. Along with cross play, it’s not really a huge loss to them if old console fans don’t play.

If you really want a new game on old hardware, it’s just going to be a bad experience for you. Look at Coldwar on PS4 or Xbox One. Couldn’t play without it crashing and the campaign cut scenes are terrible and took months to fix. Better yet look at Cyberpunk lmao. 

this game is built for next generation, I’m sorry, but a PS4 literally explodes with Coldwar. With the Frostbite engine, your PS4 is going to go nuclear.

i'm not disagreeing with you i love that it might be a next gen exclusive, but to be fair all COD games crash a lot from Ghosts and Advancd Warfare on down the line.  Whats crazy about Cyberpunk is one of their main excuses was that it was really meant as a next generation title and that is why it has so many problems on the ps4, yet where is the next generation version of the game?  As far as i'm concerned the game started development in the ps3 era and it was suppose to be a ps4 game so it's all bullshit if you ask me.  It will always be a ps4 game to me because i'll never play the next gen version when it releases.

Whether it's true or not is another different story but releasing an exclusive current gen game in the current state is a dumb decision to make. 

So many people haven't made the jump yet primarily due to stock issues and the majority of the player base is still on last gen. 

Don’t get anticipated just yet everyone, all this PR redemption stuff going on at EA with the Battlefield franchise might sound quite promising but looking back I certainly have my doubts because EA isn’t a company exactly known for quality over quantity. Because of this, don’t just take their word for it now but make your mind up once you get a good enough idea of the overall opinions about the game upon the first week of release, maybe even months later. “Show, don’t tell.” You get what I’m saying.

About the possibility of New Generation exclusivity (regardless of the PS5 stock situation that’s been going on for about six months now) I encourage such a decision.

Battlefield 4 was a poster child of rushed, buggy games upon and after release (Oct/Nov 2013) with a PS3 and Xbox 360 version launching two weeks before the PS4 and Xbox One versions which coincided with the release of the new platforms. While Battlefield 4 (ignoring the PC version) certainly runs better on the 8th Generation consoles versus the previous Generation, I believe some part of this game’s piss poor quality was due to the lack of any performance boosting with the new 8th Gen technology at the time (again, let’s ignore 1080p Full HD etc.) as a result of accomodating PS3/360 releases mostly (if not, all) for profit.

LittleBigPlanet 3 suffered similar consequences because players weren’t getting good enough benefits jumping from PS3 to PS4, however in this case the idea is much more present despite Sony’s overall intentions to pressure Sumo Digital to put the game on sale for the Black Friday and Christmas Markets.

Dear DICE: if you’re gonna fuck this franchise up again like with BF4 and BFV a.k.a. “Everyone’s Battlefield” the least you can do is not make it available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Also please don’t think about adding a Battle Royale mode this time but if you do include one, please make it a standalone F2P release, like COD Warzone but with trophy support INCLUDING A PLATINUM TROPHY. Don’t make it too hard but not too doable either.

Edited by Slim Vanilla