Did I lost all my progress?

zgz93

Hello everybody,

I've recently been thinking about buying PS3 and start collecting the games I had to complete the ones I could but...as I don't have saved data...did I lost all my online progress???

I know I'll have to start the campaigns from 0, but what about the online data? For example I just need one online trophy on AC: Brotherhood and I'm wondering if I'll have to start again or I could recover my online progress.

If you never made any backups of save files in a ps3, then yes, you lost all your progress in pretty much all online games. While there are a few exceptions like GTA V Online where your progress is saved on server-side, most online games have a online/profile save on ps3 that stores everything related to multiplayer part of the game. To truly see what you have lost and what you don't need restart from scratch, you'll need check each game as there isn't an easy way to confirm that.

Hopefully you at least synched trophy data before getting rid of your last ps3, since also needs to be synched online in order to be retrieved by another console.

18 minutes ago, zgz93 said:

Hello everybody,

I've recently been thinking about buying PS3 and start collecting the games I had to complete the ones I could but...as I don't have saved data...did I lost all my online progress??1f625.png

I know I'll have to start the campaigns from 0, but what about the online data? For example I just need one online trophy on AC: Brotherhood and I'm wondering if I'll have to start again or I could recover my online progress.

You have Plus, did you backup your saves online?

15 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Would you believe that I pay for PS Plus only for cloud saving feature? It's that useful to me.

I would believe that, I originally paid for Plus for two features: 1. Cloud Saving and 2. Automatic updates because I was on a 2 Mbps internet connection for years and years and a couple times I went to play some games with cronies... and they had updates that I innocently started and never finished before they left. It's still worth the $30 a year just for the cloud saving.

• Like 1