Trophy Thoughts?

J_E_B_B

Looks very tough. Love the trophy names and images.

I’m not a fan of randomly generated levels so I wasn’t interested in playing this but now I might reconsider.

One quick question. Let’s say I try a No Death run and fail in the final level. If I restart have the layouts of the levels already changed or is it still the same and will it only change if I go back to the main menu or quit the game? 

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’ll just wait for guys like Floriiss, Danny_Johansen, Stardroid-, Smzthyy and ExistentialSolid to undoubtedly finish this game, then I’ll bang my head for the better part of a year until I finally finish Super Meat Boy Forever. 

If this is on Splasher level of platforming difficulty, yeah. This will be a real bitch to fully complete.

Danny_johansen isn't even human ,idk if I can use him as an example ,he simply get so many fucking insane games fast extremely fast ,this guy is probably an alien haha

I guess people who born on netherlands are all for other dimension where hard stuff doesn't exist haha floris is another baddas,let see who will plat first and how fast

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LucasDiasC said:

Been waiting for this game for a few years now lol 

Getting the plat on the first game got me into speedrunning it, which led me to having played over 500 hours of it across PS4 and PC, and as someone who always appreciated games with good movement mechanics above anything else, it's for sure one of my favorite ones ever.

Even tho I didn't like the autorunner aspect when they announced it, after literally years of waiting I just accepted it because I was pretty sure the game would still feel great, just like the first one, but in a different way.

And yep, it's pretty damn good and the art is amazing, there's pretty much a whole cartoon episode inside it, the music is amazing just as the first one and there is a lot of content and stuff to unlock overall. Also, the 'lack' of (direct) control over the direction you're running adds other mechanics to give you different types of control with good level and game design (won't spoil endgame mechanics). 

With that said, dark worlds are brutal and I think this platinum can be harder than the first one in many ways. Levels are very long and you need to chain movements (reset your punch/dive mid-air to cover big gaps) very precisely quite often. A lot of it will obviously come to practice, I don't think using seeds will help that much with dark worlds.

I'll be posting my no death runs here if you have interest in seeing them, but before I'll be focusing on unlocking and completing most of the other stuff. 

*By the way, you can't save scum for the no-death trophies, I've tested it and they did it right again, it looks like it wipes your streak as soon as you boot up the game. 1f601.png Good luck for us!

Man i almost forgot that they will release this game,so meany years waiting....

But the most important part is how fun the game could be,and as an auto runner what is a lot different from the first one,i was worried if the game you suck,one of the best things on super meat boy,is how addictive and good the game actually is,thanks for showing that this game isn't trash only cuz is a auto runner , and have a lot of good things on it , now i m excited to try it out,now is wait for the price to drop,or get released on plus,cuz buying games on Brazil is another big challenge haha

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

A lot of crap on his profile, which you have to have to be at the top of the leaderboards. But he has the skills for it, as he did Super Meat Boy and a few other hard as nails games.

Yes. He's a speedrunner and well know for this game.

I really dig the aesthetics, both of the game but also the trophy images and their descriptions. I am very positively surprised in that regard (well, the trophy aspect I mean.. the artstyle has been known for a few years now ?)

12 hours ago, LucasDiasC said:

And yep, it's pretty damn good and the art is amazing, there's pretty much a whole cartoon episode inside it, the music is amazing just as the first one and there is a lot of content and stuff to

unlock overall. Also, the 'lack' of (direct) control over the direction you're running adds other mechanics to give you different types of control with good level and game design (won't spoil endgame mechanics). 

With that said, dark worlds are brutal and I think this platinum can be harder than the first one in many ways. Levels are very long and you need to chain movements (reset your punch/dive mid-air to cover big gaps) very precisely quite often. A lot of it will obviously come to practice, I don't think using seeds will help that much with dark worlds.

I'll be posting my no death runs here if you have interest in seeing them, but before I'll be focusing on unlocking and completing most of the other stuff. 

I just checked out one of your videos. Good job! :) 

However, from watching the gameplay, it looks like at times the "flow" can be broken pretty badly... Is it noticeable while playing as well, or isn't it THAT much of a deal? You know what I mean? It doesn't look like all sections are traversable very smoothly... 

Also, speaking of seeds.. you can input seeds without them disabling the no-death achievements? ?