Trophy Thoughts?

J_E_B_B

10 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

However, from watching the gameplay, it looks like at times the "flow" can be broken pretty badly... Is it noticeable while playing as well, or isn't it THAT much of a deal? You know what I mean? It doesn't look like all sections are traversable very smoothly... 

Also, speaking of seeds.. you can input seeds without them disabling the no-death achievements? 1f914.png

There are indeed sections that can be tricky or not at all obvious, needing you to perform… "unflowish" movements ? But I think that's part of the difficulty of the game, it makes the autorun part one more thing to overcome.

Somebody else already opened up a thread to speak about seeds here, if that is viable there will be a huge part of sharing for the deathless trophies. And it is not even inconvenient to start new games (as it was in SMB), because you can have up to three savefiles. I'll be trying this myself in the following days with the seed posted there to see if I can get Oak Boy!

(Oh-shit-here-we-go-again gif)

PS: I see you finally decided to go for Splasher, good luck with that mate! I might be trying that again soon ?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

You know what I mean? It doesn't look like all sections are traversable very smoothly... 

There are some levels in which you will have to wait for cycles no matter how fast you go, like the laser ones. Overall the flow is pretty good and you can rush once you know what is coming at you. The first game also had a few 'autoscrollers', but they are so few we just skip them on any% speedruns and they aren't even seen (apart from bosses, speaking of which are much cooler in this one).

About the seeds, I'd assume they don't disable trophies and to be honest I don't see why they would. Upon starting a new file, the game shows you the seed you're going with, and that's when you can edit it if you wish.

Edited by LucasDiasC
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’ll just wait for guys like Floriiss, Danny_Johanen, Stardroid-, Smzthyy and ExistentialSolid to undoubtedly finish this game, then I’ll bang my head for the better part of a year until I finally finish Super Meat Boy Forever. 

If this is on Splasher level of platforming difficulty, yeah. This will be a real bitch to fully complete.

If it's on Splasher level of platforming difficulty it is managable. The platforming itself isn't that hard in Splasher. The difficulty comes from the time requirements and the no-death run. Imho the first SMB has harder platforming, it's just that the no-death runs take between 5 and 15 minutes each instead of 45 minutes.

Regarding the trophies: Can't really say much about it. The levels seem to be longer. However it could be that one world is about as long as a world in SMB. I also don't know what seeds do. The trophy images look quite nice. I'll probably try out the game later today.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnlMatrix said:

Does it work to exit back to the map before dying and maintaining the streak?

Do bosses have to be defeated as well or is it like in the original where bosses were excluded in the no-death runs?

You can exit to map just as you could in the first game, can confirm cause I did it a few times in the run I got Teak Girl. In my opinion there are far more opportunities in this game to do that, after practicing it will become pretty clear when you're undershooting platforms, for example. Although, most of the deaths are still unavoidable, since the game is very fast paced.

Bosses don't need to be beaten, thankfully.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2021 at 1:18 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I’ll just wait for guys like Floriiss, Danny_Johansen, Stardroid-, Smzthyy and ExistentialSolid to undoubtedly finish this game, then I’ll bang my head for the better part of a year until I finally finish Super Meat Boy Forever. 

If this is on Splasher level of platforming difficulty, yeah. This will be a real bitch to fully complete.

I love this reply because you mention some of the greatest. I'm also looking forward to see PunishedGranny (GrannyTranny), Big_Blue_Tree, ThanathosNinja, Zajac9999, ForgiveForget, Alexgaara and Synophis trying this game. Also many other gamers I didn't mention ?

Edit: the game is actually really fun. Random collectibles/zones are somewhate easy to spot so no worries there.

Edited by A1rPun

okay hands down, a question to all of you who already started it. How hard is it compared to our beloved SMB and what is your feeling about it? Guess I gonna buy it for my switch next month to check it out but would be super curious about the difficulty. Thanks in advance :-) 

19 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

okay hands down, a question to all of you who already started it. How hard is it compared to our beloved SMB and what is your feeling about it? Guess I gonna buy it for my switch next month to check it out but would be super curious about the difficulty. Thanks in advance :-) 

I finished one light world playthrough and have beaten the first two light world's iron mans. Up to this point it was not overly difficult.

However, not having played dark worlds yet but having seen them on youtube I can tell you that the plat is probably no joke.

On 21.04.2021 at 4:42 PM, FrediPy_ said:

It's actually quite fun.

Sure, I can believe it. Positive opinions here made me stop caring about low metacritic scores (the user's score comes probably from Steam players who hate the Team Meat decision of prioritizing consoles & Epic Game Store and from those who cry because game is an autorunner). But I'd also like to know the fun aspect of platinum before I buy the game. Original Super Meat Boy was a great, addicting game, but the platinum was a slog in the end, those Cotton Alley deathless wasn't very fun to grind and I'd love a bit easier platinum this time (if original SMB was rated 10/10, I'd love something like 8/10 like The End Is Nigh, it had great platinum because it was hard, enjoyable and still fullfiling without being overly hard and long skill grind like SMB).

14 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

if original SMB was rated 10/10, I'd love something like 8/10 like The End Is Nigh, it had great platinum because it was hard, enjoyable and still fullfiling without being overly hard and long skill grind like SMB

To be fair, grinding the 1000 rings in the SMC was way more tedious and boring than going for the no-death runs in SMB... ?

16 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

But I'd also like to know the fun aspect of platinum before I buy the game.

Well, it's too early to know, but it's going to be no pushover, that's for sure. There are some little details that can make it slightly easier or harder, but in the end it all comes to the difficulty of the harder levels, which is yet to be seen. This time the equivalent to Cotton Alley does not have a dark version, so that's one less thing to worry about!

If you ask me, personally, I feel that light worlds are a bit less challenging but dark worlds require more precise inputs, which doesn't necessarily translate into a more or less difficult playing. For you see, you don't have to worry about moving manually, and you care about only two buttons on the controller, so in order to make harder levels the amount of precision you sometimes need to have on those two buttons is quite a lot. At least that is my feeling after 2/5 dark worlds… or maybe I'm overestimating it because I'm so much better at SMB than at SMBF (logically speaking) ?

• Like 1

Someone has acheived 'Page Fault' which is beating 0xDEADBEEF without dying so that just leaves The Lab/Other Side dark worlds that need completed.  I think we will potentially see the first platinum by next week. which would be awesome.  In terms of difficulty I personally think it looks harder than SMB, but with the acclaimed difficulty I think there's probably more motivation to do this one so it may appear less difficult.  I expect an extremely rare plat nonetheless.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/6/2022 at 7:30 AM, Entrepreneur9535 said:

What is harder? Smb or smb forever? Finished first one and i am thinking about to start this 

Personal opinion is that SMB Forever is harder. Although it's close. The first one just has more useful alt characters, non-randomized stages, and more information as far as guides and videos for getting through the hard stuff.

Here, levels are random (the devs make levels in segments, and each level is several segments chosen at random), which makes specific guides very hard to write. 

7 hours ago, Datboy1991 said:

Personal opinion is that SMB Forever is harder. Although it's close. The first one just has more useful alt characters, non-randomized stages, and more information as far as guides and videos for getting through the hard stuff.

Here, levels are random (the devs make levels in segments, and each level is several segments chosen at random), which makes specific guides very hard to write. 

Thank u buddy 

• Like 1