Question about premium membership.

Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to cancel a premium membership subscription and get a refund (my tier is lifetime premium), as per paragraph 8.3 (and also 7.1 but I feel this one is more relevant) of the Terms & Conditions: "you shall have the right to cancel your subscription, and we will refund to you any amounts paid to us in respect of any period of subscription after the date of such cancellation"

As for the reasons why I'm doing this: Sony basically neglecting their legacy by closing down PS3, Vita and PSP stores officially drove away the last bit of interest I had in trophy hunting (which was already non-existent since...idk, 2017 probably), and I'm basically just playing games casually on Sony's platforms, slowly switching to PC as I feel it's more pertinent to my tastes. Having a premium subscription which I don't plan on using and haven't been using in the last 4 years feels like a waste to me, honestly.

I've got no grudge against the website, and I'll keep supporting it (as I've been doing) by normal visiting through ads because it provides a valuable service to the PS community. 

This is not the only subscription I'm canceling, if you're curious. I need to recover money for a health condition (which I won't disclose because I value my privacy) that is affecting my life in so many ways and it's a struggle to cover the costs for my cures, so any amount I can recover will help immensely.

I hope you will understand. Sorry for bad english, as you might have figured from my profile, that isn't my main language.

I wish you all the best for the future of this website.

(I already messaged Sly and contacted the email address found in "contact us" at the bottom of the site but got no response, I guess I'll just wait.)

• Like 1

Well, contact Sly. Maybe he'll work with you.

The first half of the sections you omitted are important, but the way its written: if PSNP cancels your membership, or removes features from premium that you paid for, then you can request a refund. Section 10 is about contracting and not really applicable. 

"at any time in our sole discretion, providing that if we cancel any services you have paid for and you have not breached these terms and conditions, you will be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid to us in respect of those services that were to be provided by us to you after the date of such cancellation; we will give you reasonable written notice of any cancellation under this Section 7.1."

We may from time to time vary the benefits associated with a subscription, providing that, if in our reasonable opinion such a variation results in a substantial loss of value or functionality, you shall have the right to cancel your subscription, and we will refund to you any amounts paid to us in respect of any period of subscription after the date of such cancellation.

This site is not affiliated with Sony.

Edited by B1rvine

9 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Well, contact Sly. Maybe he'll work with you.

The first half of the sections you omitted are important, but the way its written: if PSNP cancels your membership, or removes features from premium that you paid for, then you can request a refund. Section 10 is about contracting and not really applicable. 

This site is not affiliated with Sony.

I did not say there was a loss of functionality (you guys here are actually pretty honest, as some websites charge for premium but take away advantages over time, and I respect you for this), nor did I say that the website is affiliated with Sony. Maybe citing 7.1 instead of 8.3 would have made more sense.

As for breaching the rules of the website, I think it never happened. Feel free to prove me wrong if need be.

I simply stated that, as I'm moving towards PC, having a subscription for a service I'm no longer using and haven't been using for the last 4 years (I probably used it for, idk, only 6 months after subscribing, I don't remember, it's been too long) doesn't make any sense.

I contacted Sly through forums and through website email, but I did not add details as it was mainly a question about how to cancel a subscription. This right here is a request instead which goes more into detail with what I'm asking.

11 minutes ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

You want a refund after 4 years of use?....

3 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

I dont realy think its fair to even request it since  you ahd premum for longer then you paid for if you would have bought it 4 years seperatly

The dude has a lifetime membership. If he cancels after 25 years, it's still valid and his request should be honored.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

You want a refund after 4 years of use?....

If you define "use" never being active in the website in the last 4 years...

As I said, I probably used premium features for 6 months, one year at best, then I stopped caring about trophy hunting almost entirely.

Given this, you can't really quantify how much I used premium features. Saying "one year" doesn't mean I was here spamming "update profile". I had to deal with school at first and work right after that.

• Like 1

Well, I still haven't gotten a response (as I imagined) so I just went ahead and privated my profile.

This way, people will stop saying that I'm using a service I haven't been interested in the last 4-5 years.

Wish there was a way to get rid of the profile in this forum too, but I haven't found anything. Whatever, at this point.

• Like 2