Downgrade to Version 1.03 possible

chiba0022

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

What about being on patch 1.03 makes it easier to do the nightmare coop trophy?

Someone posted a video showing the difference (Doom 1 but same thing).

Unfortunately the weapon switching sucks in v1.03 as is only cyclic.

Edited by BOOTP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Oh wow! Why would they crank up the speed like that!?

That's the correct speed in Nightmare from the original PC version, so it should of been like that from the start. I wouldn't have minded as much if I could of used a keyboard and mouse!

However, the fact is the trophy was made (and presumably tested) with the slower speed version in mind, so the same trophy now becomes almost impossible - so downgrading to v1.03 is the best approach.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

What about being on patch 1.03 makes it easier to do the nightmare coop trophy?

Yes but it doesnt make the platinum easy, just easier than what it currently is. I can imagine with fast enemies, doom 2 might as well be on a 10/10 and without, 9/10.

Im pretty sure i practiced levels 27-29 (27 and 28 being the easier ones and 29 being the platinum breaker for many) for 10-15 hours. That was before the game was patched to match the pc version.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Monsieur_Daito said:

I want to downgrade my game, but before attempting that I have a question, will I have to start over or can I continue with my current progress? So far I've made it to level 28.

I am not sure, maybe you can save your data in a usb or ps plus cloud just in case.

I am thinking about starting Doom 2 now, just got platinum for Doom 1 in current update. It was pretty brutal but doable, followed video guides from Decino to learn its strategies. I keep reading that Doom 2 nightmare is almost impossible in current update... So you made it to lvl 28, thats almost the whole game right? There are 30 maps in Doom 2 if I am not mistaken. Do you think you can do it in current update?

15 hours ago, upfront_ladder9 said:

I am not sure, maybe you can save your data in a usb or ps plus cloud just in case.

I am thinking about starting Doom 2 now, just got platinum for Doom 1 in current update. It was pretty brutal but doable, followed video guides from Decino to learn its strategies. I keep reading that Doom 2 nightmare is almost impossible in current update... So you made it to lvl 28, thats almost the whole game right? There are 30 maps in Doom 2 if I am not mistaken. Do you think you can do it in current update?

I think I can with the current update, just need to practice a whole lot. To be honest, levels 17, 20, 22, and 24 felt more impossible as they were extremely random and broken. Level 29 just requires an inhumane level of practice, that's why I want to downgrade my game.

• Like 1

As I've got around 70 hours in Doom 2 so far on most patches, I can vouch for that playing on 1.03 compared to the current is a huge difference - particularly so when playing solo.

You can skip downgrading if you'd like to show off, but if you prefer to save time and energy, and if you can't find a partner to help, downgrading is the way to go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

As I've got around 70 hours in Doom 2 so far on most patches, I can vouch for that playing on 1.03 compared to the current is a huge difference - particularly so when playing solo.

You can skip downgrading if you'd like to show off, but if you prefer to save time and energy, and if you can't find a partner to help, downgrading is the way to go.

Is it easy to downgrade? It seems complicated from what I read

4 hours ago, upfront_ladder9 said:

It actually is easy, I managed to do it but for some reason can't play because the game keeps telling me "In order to play online you need to update, UPDATE NOW!" but I used a differed tutorial. I used this tutorial, I felt that even though they are practically the same thing, this one is worded a bit simpler: 

14 hours ago, upfront_ladder9 said:

It's not complicated at all and the step-by-step guides here even provide pictures so you can compare your input.

In case you're using Charles, the only small but irritating issue that you might come across with this process is if you for whatever reason decide to repeat the procedure of downgrading after performing a quick format. What will happen is the downgrade now won't work, the only solution being a full format.

I believe the process of downgrading somehow glitches the OS and subsequent downgrading won't work. I reckon most people only do this once although I think it's good to know beforehand as I initially freaked out and thought I had compromised my account and console.

On 2/2/2022 at 4:46 PM, Monsieur_Daito said:

It actually is easy, I managed to do it but for some reason can't play because the game keeps telling me "In order to play online you need to update, UPDATE NOW!" but I used a differed tutorial. I used this tutorial, I felt that even though they are practically the same thing, this one is worded a bit simpler: 

I've done this for some games like Surgeon Simulator and others, so this is a great way to downgrade if some trophies are giving you trouble due to an update patch.

But for DOOM 2 you just get hit with the Bethesda.net screen. It's a complete pain in the ass to try to bypass it, so I given up on it as putting it this much work for one trophy just isn't worth the frustration.

I don't know how people are earning this trophy, but I reckon they are using Share Play and having their buddies pick up another controller, since DOOM 2 doesn't have actual multiplayer co-op.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:34 AM, Mellenthin said:

It's not complicated at all and the step-by-step guides here even provide pictures so you can compare your input.

In case you're using Charles, the only small but irritating issue that you might come across with this process is if you for whatever reason decide to repeat the procedure of downgrading after performing a quick format. What will happen is the downgrade now won't work, the only solution being a full format.

I believe the process of downgrading somehow glitches the OS and subsequent downgrading won't work. I reckon most people only do this once although I think it's good to know beforehand as I initially freaked out and thought I had compromised my account and console.

Charles works well if you know how to use it. I just want to downgrade to version 1.03 without any issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 10:18 AM, EGZAM said:

I have yet to play this game.
If I downgrade, what is the plat difficulty level ? 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:58 PM, kapomimo903 said:

9/10 downgrade and 10/10 without downgrade probably

I’d say with the latest patched it’s a 9/10, the game isn’t that difficult if you play on the lowest setting until you get to Nightmare.

But having to do Level 29 Solo on Nightmare all in one go is a 9 alone no doubt in my mind, that shit took me like 8hrs.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2022 at 7:33 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Charles works well if you know how to use it. I just want to downgrade to version 1.03 without any issues.

You won't have any issues as long as make sure to turn off automatic updates. I haven't tried checking if the save file still works after updating, but generally that's something you want to avoid.

On 11/02/2022 at 4:18 PM, EGZAM said:

I have yet to play this game.
If I downgrade, what is the plat difficulty level ? 

I think an 8 is a fair estimate on 1.03, a 7 or lower if you have a skilled second player helping you out.

A 9 or 10 is way too high in my opinion, but as with everything else, I guess that's subjective.

Edited by Mellenthin

3 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

You won't have any issues as long as make sure to turn off automatic updates. I haven't tried checking if the save file still works after updating, but generally that's something you want to avoid.

I think an 8 is a fair estimate on 1.03, a 7 or lower if you have a skilled second player helping you out.

A 9 or 10 is way too high in my opinion, but as with everything else, I guess that's subjective.

You dont even have the platinum tho?

I may be inclined to agree on difficulty for version 1.03, it may hover around a 7 or even a 6.

But I know from personal experience Doom 2 on 1.08 is a 9.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R