Downgrade to Version 1.03 possible

chiba0022

10 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

You dont even have the platinum tho?

I may be inclined to agree on difficulty for version 1.03, it may hover around a 7 or even a 6.

But I know from personal experience Doom 2 on 1.08 is a 9.

If Doom 1 on latest update is an 8 Doom 2 on latest update is a 9. Not entirely impossible but need to learn the levels, lots of skill and luck. Im not a pro for doom games but have played many shooters, even got platinum for games like Wolfenstein 2 and Max Payne 3 and I would say Doom 2 platinum current update is as hard and annoying as Wolfenstein 2 platinum.

Been playing Doom 2 this week solo for nightmare coop trophy and made progress, currently stuck at level 9 the pit but almost got it, just need to grab that damn yellow key lol... Following guides and strats from Decino helps a lot. I would downgrade Doom 2 update but cant really bother to follow all those steps...

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 7:45 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

I may be inclined to agree on difficulty for version 1.03, it may hover around a 7 or even a 6.

I can't even do level 6 or level 7 on version 1.08. Everything spawns too fast on level 7. Shotgunners and Chaingunners might as well be snipers with shotgun shells and bullets respectively.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I can't even do level 6 or level 7 on version 1.08. Everything spawns too fast on level 7. Shotgunners and Chaingunners might as well be snipers with shotgun shells and bullets respectively.

I’m in the process of making vids for Doom 2(version 1.08)on nightmare. 
So maybe those could help in the future??

Does anyone know HOW to downgrade DOOM 1 to the 1.03 patch? I used PSX download helper and it reverted the game back to v1.00, which as you know makes the game impossible to play at all  as the game won't load past the title screen and just says a bethesda account is required to play this title.

So does anyone know if you can use PSX download helper to downgrade to a specific patch. Like not all the way back to v1.00 but back to Patch 1.03 where it was playable and not screwed up by bethesda after that patch.

Or does anyone know of a different way to get DOOM 1 Patch v1.03. I mean they have this here for DOOM2 so l cant see why it can't be done for DOOM1 aswell

Does anyone know HOW to downgrade DOOM 1 to the 1.03 patch? I used PSX download helper and it reverted the game back to v1.00, which as you know makes the game impossible to play at all  as the game won't load past the title screen and just says a bethesda account is required to play this title.

So does anyone know if you can use PSX download helper to downgrade to a specific patch. Like not all the way back to v1.00 but back to Patch 1.03 where it was playable and not screwed up by bethesda after that patch.

Or does anyone know of a different way to get DOOM 1 Patch v1.03. I mean they have this here for DOOM2 so l cant see why it can't be done for DOOM1 aswell

18 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I’m in the process of making vids for Doom 2(version 1.08)on nightmare. 
So maybe those could help in the future?1f914.png

I earned the yellow keycard and almost made it to the switch to reach the exit, but a chaingunner got me. 

Chaingunners really make level 6 difficult due to their hitscan. 

On 27/02/2022 at 4:45 AM, Wild-Arms-R said:

The reason I don't have it yet is due to a whole slew of reasons. Mostly it's because I'm spoiled from the PS3 era where I could play all day long.

Nowadays, I rather dislike having to play on workdays since I'm usually too tired so I tend to postpone games that's longer than a weekend to holidays and the sort.

I'll finally be going for it at the end of May though.?

And yes, the game would be a solid 9, perhaps even a 10 on 1.08 (or 1.09, which is actually the latest version, although I don't believe anything have changed difficulty wise).

On 18/04/2022 at 1:18 PM, PlatinumChaser said:

People have already covered the steps plenty of times - no offense.

Google Charles proxy, and download the latest free trial version. Then go to Orbis and search for Doom there - make sure you select the correct region.

As for how you do the steps, follow the link provided by the OP.

6 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

People have already covered the steps plenty of times - no offense.

Google Charles proxy, and download the latest free trial version. Then go to Orbis and search for Doom there - make sure you select the correct region.

As for how you do the steps, follow the link provided by the OP.

Charles is a good program, unfortunately once the trial ends you have to pay that hefty price tag for it. Unless there is a looparound to keep downloading the trial version and avoiding paying the money, which I'm all in favor for.

On 21/04/2022 at 1:12 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Charles is a good program, unfortunately once the trial ends you have to pay that hefty price tag for it. Unless there is a looparound to keep downloading the trial version and avoiding paying the money, which I'm all in favor for.

Unless the people behind the program logs and compare earlier downloads, all you need is access to another computer.

I've downgraded several times since I first bought the game, and I've never had any issues. To be fair, I've had access to fresh computers, although most of the times they've been connected to my router.

I'm not sure if your case is that you cannot download and install the trial once more or not, but ultimately it's rather easy to circumvent.

20 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

Unless the people behind the program logs and compare earlier downloads, all you need is access to another computer.

I've downgraded several times since I first bought the game, and I've never had any issues. To be fair, I've had access to fresh computers, although most of the times they've been connected to my router.

I'm not sure if your case is that you cannot download and install the trial once more or not, but ultimately it's rather easy to circumvent.

Got it.

DOOM 2 I literally grew up on as a kid (don't question, we were all too young to play it). Sunk lots of time into the game, even got into DOOM mods for a while. Level 6 is already too difficult on version 1.08, I remember having a far easier time with it on older patches when I played on Nightmare Co-op. Not fast enough to do Level 7 either, enemies spawn too quickly and I'm spending most of my time dodging projectiles.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/04/2022 at 7:05 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Got it.

DOOM 2 I literally grew up on as a kid (don't question, we were all too young to play it). Sunk lots of time into the game, even got into DOOM mods for a while. Level 6 is already too difficult on version 1.08, I remember having a far easier time with it on older patches when I played on Nightmare Co-op. Not fast enough to do Level 7 either, enemies spawn too quickly and I'm spending most of my time dodging projectiles.

I don't understand. I'm describing for you how to easily downgrade to 1.03 and you reply with giving examples how various levels are too hard on the current version.

Just downgrade and be done with it. Yes, you'll have to redo all levels, however 1.03 will be a breeze compared to 1.09.

• 3 months later...

I downgraded doom 2 to patch 1.00. So far I have done 26 levels. Please, tell me that i can still get the platinum... Or at at least, that i can upgrade to 1.08 or 1.03 and get it then. Please, tell me its doable. I m literally anxious and stressed all day the past week i m working on this... 

Edited by karpathoulas667

• 2 weeks later...
On 01.09.2022 at 0:47 AM, karpathoulas667 said:

I downgraded doom 2 to patch 1.00. So far I have done 26 levels. Please, tell me that i can still get the platinum... Or at at least, that i can upgrade to 1.08 or 1.03 and get it then. Please, tell me its doable. I m literally anxious and stressed all day the past week i m working on this... 

Yes, you can combine completed levels through the versions

• 3 weeks later...

I see most people using v1.03 as their depatch of choice.  What about v1.05 or v1.06 (anything before v1.07, when the fast monsters were patched in)?

I’ve depatched to v1.06 which includes the weapon shortcuts and 60FPS (but no 16:9 support sadly and the coop windows are stacked horizontal rather than vertical).  Is there something unique about v1.03 that makes it easier than v1.05/1.06?

• 1 year later...

I can confirm downgrading/depatching DOOM 2 via PS5 works too! 

For reference I used EU as i'm UK based.

Which is interesting, as i was trying to do with DOOM 1993 last night and it wouldn't work, but just tried now with DOOM 2 it worked no problem, i need to retry DOOM 1993 now. 

Edit:

Well just tried again with DOOM 1993, grabbing the .json file from "orbispatches" and it worked, no idea what i was doing wrong last night 😆🤷‍♂️

Edited by SirHandy