Useful Skip For ‘Path to Pain’ (Dark World) Variant

I’m playing SMBF currently and while attempting my no death run on this ‘Path to Pain’ Dark World variant I ran across a cool skip at the end that eliminates the need to pass one of the more difficult parts of the level: 

You can see how the skip is pulled off around the 1 minute 20 second mark of the video. If timed correctly and with enough momentum, you can soar over the last set of contraptions that will potentially hinder you from completing a no death run. 

Do note that I am by no means a SMB vet or anything—I’ve never played the original game—but I figured something as simple as this could potentially help anyone that has the same generated level as me. 

Here’s my seed info: https://imgur.com/gallery/1esDZWR

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Kooky_Spooky_ said:

Thanks Hooray, this is one of the most shit level I've found in this game. Probably I'm start to first for no death run attempt

Definitely one of the hardest dark world levels in Chipper Grove, and it just so happened to be the first one I unlocked and played. It’s very unforgiving and timing has to be frame perfect for some sections...I imagine all other variants of Path to Pain Dark World to be just as hard.  Good luck on your runs! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regislc30 said:

One question: for no death runs trophy you need to do all levels in one sitting like first game or you can do level by level?

I’m certain you have to play them all back to back in one sitting with no deaths whatsoever (level order doesn’t matter according to @LucasDiasC). I will say the light worlds are much easier in comparison to the dark worlds and won’t prove to be too much of a challenge for no death runs, but difficulty might be subjective with SMB on a player to player basis. Having to do no-death runs on the dark worlds are what will be the 100% killer for many people just like the original I’d imagine. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...