Before I try Hardcore...

ThatDrunkGuy

So I rented this game years ago, and didn't want to bother with Hardcore...wanted to get the next game from Gamefly. I did everything else, but it looks like I've lost my save file. I'm looking at buying the Ultimate Edition on PSN before the store closes. I plan to use the DLC equipment to make it easier, but would like some recommendations from others that have done it. If I have the DLC equipment, is the Ignition bonus still worth it? It's only 5 bucks for another game, so I'm leaning towards getting it and playing it first. I could get the DS2 Limited Edition disc, then buy the season pass. Is Extraction worth the extra cost? I'm leaning towards no on that since it looks to be Move control based. Just wanted some input before buying everything.

I'll probably play through the game again on normal just to refresh the story and spawns, but is Hardcore available right away or do you have to beat the game first? Also, is the Severed DLC available right away or is it better after the story?

24 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

So I rented this game years ago, and didn't want to bother with Hardcore...wanted to get the next game from Gamefly. I did everything else, but it looks like I've lost my save file. I'm looking at buying the Ultimate Edition on PSN before the store closes. I plan to use the DLC equipment to make it easier, but would like some recommendations from others that have done it. If I have the DLC equipment, is the Ignition bonus still worth it? It's only 5 bucks for another game, so I'm leaning towards getting it and playing it first. I could get the DS2 Limited Edition disc, then buy the season pass. Is Extraction worth the extra cost? I'm leaning towards no on that since it looks to be Move control based. Just wanted some input before buying everything.

I'll probably play through the game again on normal just to refresh the story and spawns, but is Hardcore available right away or do you have to beat the game first? Also, is the Severed DLC available right away or is it better after the story?

I'd definitely suggest getting every advantage possible before going for hardcore. Because it will make or brake your sanity and that's without it glitching lol I had no glitches but definitely died alot and only got through on luck and prayers lol my girlfriend on the other hand hit afew glitches her insanity inducing moment was making it to an elevator doing really great next to her final save and home run and she fell through the elevator floor..... Lol

with node duplication you can do you 1st save around chapter 7. because with node dupclication youll be op

1st playthrough zealot with duplication

2nd playthrough hardcore with duplication but enemy on hardcore are only hard difficluty.

Edited by Lapin2paq
gg

2 minutes ago, Lapin2paq said:

with node duplication you can do you 1st save around chapter 7. because with node dupclication youll be op

2nd playthrough hardcore with duplication but enemy on hardcore are only hard difficluty.

Oh, does that duplication glitch still work?

8 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Oh, does that duplication glitch still work?

Yeah 

I'd recommend you are aware of every room a boss will appear and all the instant death scenarios(such as the tormentor) and all the times those fucking little shits pop out, so you can prepare yourself accordingly even if you are doing a nodes glitched run.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lapin2paq said:

Is Zealot available out of the gate?...or HC, I lost my save and will be starting from scratch even though I have all the other trophies. Either way, sounds like I'll want every advantage so I'll get Ignition and do that first.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2021 at 7:33 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Is Zealot available out of the gate?...or HC, I lost my save and will be starting from scratch even though I have all the other trophies. Either way, sounds like I'll want every advantage so I'll get Ignition and do that first.

You can play zealot from the start, no playthrough required to unlock. Hard-core requires a playthrough.

• 1 month later...

Great game, happy I came back to it 10 years later. I started with a blind Zealot run with no duplication, and made notes of where I died or almost died. Then started HC and duplicated 99 power nodes in the first level. The maxed out rig, stasis, and Bloody Force Gun made HC very manageable. That gun was amazing in every section...used the pulse rifle some, and Contact beam for Brutes and the final boss for a quick finish. I saved in the middle of chapter 5, beginning of 9, and beginning of 13. Luckily only died 3 times shortly after saves...probably because I was too relaxed after saving(first one was in chapter 1 which had me concerned at first haha). Ignition bonuses were pretty helpful on my Zealot run, but not really on the HC run because I duplicated the nodes...DLC equipment was way more useful. 

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy
  • Like 4

The way I got through it was by playing along with someone who did a no damage hardcore run. Watch the video through an area or 2, pause the video and copy every move they did. This gives you a really good way to get past some harder areas and how to set up certain areas before the necros spawn in. 

• Like 3

Nice! I started to watch videos, but got bored with them. Knowing where I died in the previous Zealot run, and having that Force gun with five stacks of ammo at every store made me feel pretty confident. Anything that popped out got blasted away quickly lol...I did watch videos leading up to the instant death scenes though, just to remember the scene order.