The game glitched on me in my favor. I lost 2 lives very close together, that should have brought me to 0, but instead the game put me into negative lives. After that it didn't matter if I got hit, the game gave me infinite lives. Weird glitch, but the less time I have to spend with this game the better.

• Like 1

This has to be the best get rich quick scheme in the gaming world.

Step 1: Make a “retro” game that probably takes less than a day to develop

Step 2: Make it connected to the Church for absolutely no reason

Step 3: Give it an easy platinum and sell it for $1. 
Step 4: Profit.

According to PSNProfiles, they’ve already made over $4500 from these effortless games.

Many people criticize Ratalaika Games too, but you have to admit, most of those games are competent and actually took time to develop.

These games are lazy, greedy and forces religion down your throat for no reason.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, that’s not how it works. 

Obviously it is a rough estimation, because I don’t have access to actual sales numbers. But most people buying this are trophy hunters anyway so it’s roughly accurate. 

(not accounting for game sharing either)

Edited by arcanehornet_

8 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Obviously it is a rough estimation, because I don’t have access to actual sales numbers. But most people buying this are trophy hunters anyway so it’s roughly accurate. 

(not accounting for game sharing either)

The major things to consider at minimum:

Sony takes a 30% cut of retail price off the top.

If there’s a separate publisher, there’s another cut (not the case here) of up to 15%.
Theres game sharing as you mentioned.

And theres the fact that these games (including this one) are already on the illegal download sites and have pretty high traffic. 

I’d be surprised if 10% of the numbers on this site are legitimate sales. 

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The major things to consider at minimum:

Sony takes a 30% cut of retail price off the top.

If there’s a separate publisher, there’s another cut (not the case here) of up to 15%.
Theres game sharing as you mentioned.

And theres the fact that these games (including this one) are already on the illegal download sites and have pretty high traffic. 

I’d be surprised if 10% of the numbers on this site are legitimate sales. 

plus the upfront costs of certification etc - presumably the reason this stuff isn’t available in every region.

I’d be surprised if they actually make a profit overall on these games, even without considering any (marginal) development costs.

It’s perfectly likely they are costing the creators money - but that they see that as the price for ‘spreading the good news that He Is Risen’

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

I'm beginning to really hate this developer and their "religious down your throat" games. The sad part is their making bank off these games with trophy hunters stuffing their pockets. Yes it's only $1 dollar but by the time they make their 30th game you've wasted 30 dollars. That's their tactic and it's actually working. If you look at their first game it didn't have a platinum and not alot of people played it. Someone probably said "hey let's slap on a platinum trophy to get more sales" boom! I'm not proud of some of the games I platinum and i don't regret them. I would regret platinum a game made by developers that are trying to lure people into christianity. 

That doesn't sound healthy

• Like 3

The name of this game tells you all you need to know.

6 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Many people criticize Ratalaika Games too, but you have to admit, most of those games are competent and actually took time to develop.

These games are lazy, greedy and forces religion down your throat for no reason.

The problem with a Rat game is rarely the game itself. It's the trophy philosophy. 

Edited by starcrunch061