Connection conflicts between 2 players

So I just started the online grind for the game and something real odd (to me) happened. Basically there's another player in our team getting connection conflict with me; if one of us join the lobby with the rest, the other won't be able to connect (game session is unreachable). Also another odd thing is we couldn't make a lobby of 6 for the XP grind; after reaching 5 guys we couldn't get the 6th to join (same unreachable message). Can anyone give me an idea of what is going on at all? Thanks

Had the same problem with Black Flag a couple of weeks ago. One player crashed the matchmaking.

I don't know anything about networking and I'm just speculating but I think I read something about having different NAT

may cause these kind of problems. You can check what NAT you use in Network Settings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

Had the same problem with Black Flag a couple of weeks ago. One player crashed the matchmaking.

I don't know anything about networking and I'm just speculating but I think I read something about having different NAT

may cause these kind of problems. You can check what NAT you use in Network Settings.

I've read about that too but unfortunately for the NATS case, I couldn't do anything because I rent and share wifi with everyone else in the house (can't go wired). Also most of us used wifi and was connecting fine so idk what was the problem. I was speculating that because of geographical differences (I live in NA, the other player lives in SEA, and the rest are from UK/EU) that caused the connection conflicts but it can't be. Meeh

This is actually a very common problem and I see this all the time, especially when boosting older PS3 games with big groups. I don’t know shit about networking, but like @dzstrpc said it seems to have something to do with the different NAT types conflicting.

Luckily, there is a bit of a workaround if you’re having this problem, although it can be a pain in the ass! ?

What we usually do is try having different people host the lobby and have players invite one another/connect to one another using the in-game friend lists until we finally find the right combination that allows everybody to connect to one another and enter the game without issues.

It’s only a pain because it can sometimes take awhile to get the combination of players right, with lots of tedious joining & leaving or disconnecting from lobbies and having to constantly re-send invitations to get everyone to join back in.

Also try to get everybody to shut down and reload their console first, then make sure that the host reflects the region where the majority of your group is located (ex. if 5 of 8 ppl are overseas in Europe, try to get one of them to host rather than the lone guy from the USA). It also helps to make sure players inviting/joining others from their friend list are joining in on players from their same general regional area as they’re much more likely to be able to connect smoothly.

This is not an exact science of course, but this problem has happened to my groups many times and we are usually able to resolve the issue fairly quickly by trying shit like this. Good luck.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Had this problem on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag trying to get the Sacred Land trophy. Finally gave up and somehow I played through a few multiplayer matches with a full group of randoms.

LOL that happened to me too. I wasn't able to connect with the rest of the group when the other is in, but I tried quick match and instantly got connected to a bunch of randoms. 

1 minute ago, manh_and_cheese said:

LOL that happened to me too. I wasn't able to connect with the rest of the group when the other is in, but I tried quick match and instantly got connected to a bunch of randoms. 

Were you in a boosting group recently?

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Were you in a boosting group recently?

I'm not really sure what you mean by that question, but yeah I was trying to boost ACB levels with a group and that connection problem happened. When I was waiting for the group to figure out what happened and how to fix it, I joined a quick match and somehow I instantly got matched with 7 others in a match.

Edited by manh_and_cheese

On 19/04/2021 at 5:59 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Had this problem on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag trying to get the Sacred Land trophy. Finally gave up and somehow I played through a few multiplayer matches with a full group of randoms.

Had this problem too. Last year I tried to boost level 55 but I was not able to connect with anyone nor was I able to join any session. Fortunately, somehow I managed to get Sacred Land and that was my biggest achievement in terms of boosting. Also, I couldn’t find any match, thus I gave up the platinum.

I even reached Ubisoft Support (UK) since here in Italy the service is not available (= full) and tried everything (router reset, port forwarding, setting a DMZ, but nothing.
A nightmare. 

However, this year I decided to try again, but encountered the same problem.

Reached out to Ubisoft support again, and again found no solution. 

Eventually I managed to find all game modes left and completed the actual online part. Now I’m grinding my way to 55 by Wolfpack. 
Jesus this platinum tested hard my patience and determination.

Edited by ShinySpidey