Trophy thoughts?

No longer here

On the one hand I'm glad that Housemarque is getting to develop a new game for PS5 since I love Housemarque. On the other hand, I love their arcade shooters and on the face of it I'm much less excited for this IP. That being said, I watched some trailers for it and I'll keep an eye on it but I probably won't get it on launch. I enjoy the implicit difficulty of Housemarque games and if that difficulty is absent in their trophy lists then the game is diminished in my opinion. In fairness, I just got done with Alienation a little while ago and it wasn't really hard all things considered, it was just stupendously fun.

2 hours ago, deeps_rj said:

sad that PS5's trophy tracking feature is still underutilized 

yeah totally, shame more dont use it very well or at all atm. havent played this game obviously but youd think more of these trophies would have steps or counters that could be tracked.

pretty sure we dont need a trophy tracker to count one thing either xD.

39 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

am I the only one who thinks that 80 bucks is extremely expensive? o.O I really love the artstyle and will definitely buy it but 100% not for this price. 

I have yet to spend the extra money on a ps5 game and I'm sure it'll feel awful lol

• Like 4

I still am going to rent this. I'm not spending $80 on it. Looks good. Trophy list seems easy and direct to the point

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

am I the only one who thinks that 80 bucks is extremely expensive? o.O I really love the artstyle and will definitely buy it but 100% not for this price. 

Agreed 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 2

I don’t like roguelikes but I’m giving this a chance since it’s a PS5 exclusive and I already preordered it. But I don’t know how everyone is saying it looks like such an easy list and 1 of 2 difficulty blah blah blah. Are the people saying these things aware this is a “roguelike” game and you have to beat the game in one run and if you die due to a hard boss or not getting certain items in your run, you start the entire game over from the beginning? At least I’ve seen enough coverage of these types of games to know what to expect. This one looks like they throw some bullet hell sequences at you and who knows what else. 

Also we don’t know what is required for the surveys. They’re all gold trophies so could be hard and levels are randomly generated as well I believe I heard.

One last note: I don’t like the trophy images. Very bland. After Outriders and Disco Elysium’s excellent trophy pics, this had an opportunity for some cool art but they decided on the most boring images they could. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

looks too easy.. i might pass.. maybe.  or wait for a sale

come on dude, really? I'm used to "amazing game but hard Plat so I'll skip" but you're a completely new breed.

Can't we all indulge ourselves in our gaming hobby and fun past time out of which trophy hunting developed.

You know, buy and play the games based on the story, premise, graphics, music etc. and then factor in trophies?

I loved the look from the trailers, looks like a both interesting and fun game - and something more original than 'established franchise X'

• Like 4

Just now, Valkirye22 said:

come on dude, really? I'm used to "amazing game but hard Plat so I'll skip" but you're a completely new breed.

Can't we all indulge ourselves in our gaming hobby and fun past time out of which trophy hunting developed.

You know, buy and play the games based on the story, premise, graphics, music etc. and then factor in trophies?

I loved the look from the trailers, looks like a both interesting and fun game - and something more original than 'established franchise X'

I'm gonna pick this up just because while I like the genre..im not that great at it, so a game that has more ease on entry sounds like a good idea. Plus I want to support the new IP since I think it looks great. Boring trophy icons..yeah so what...easy list..yeah so what? Just means I can focus on enjoying the game more so to me thats a win

1 hour ago, BEYOND-EVIL said:

looks simple hopefully it’s not too easy starting to see a pattern with big games just being easy platinums . i’m excited regardless of trophies 1f600.png

it’s like the worst feeling $80? i better extremely enjoy a game worth that much or i lose my money , a story mode game for $80 isn’t worth the price so no replay value for returnal? not sure 

For me, personally- once I beat the game and get the Platinum, unless I love the game to death- I never play it again. So replay value is extremely low for me. 

1 hour ago, rockhopper78 said:

I don’t like roguelikes but I’m giving this a chance since it’s a PS5 exclusive and I already preordered it. But I don’t know how everyone is saying it looks like such an easy list and 1 of 2 difficulty blah blah blah. Are the people saying these things aware this is a “roguelike” game and you have to beat the game in one run and if you die due to a hard boss or not getting certain items in your run, you start the entire game over from the beginning? At least I’ve seen enough coverage of these types of games to know what to expect. This one looks like they throw some bullet hell sequences at you and who knows what else. 

Also we don’t know what is required for the surveys. They’re all gold trophies so could be hard and levels are randomly generated as well I believe I heard.

One last note: I don’t like the trophy images. Very bland. After Outriders and Disco Elysium’s excellent trophy pics, this had an opportunity for some cool art but they decided on the most boring images they could. 

I don't think the game is like that. Start over from scratch if you die. It did not come across as that . And if so- glad I will rent it and not buy it then because that does not sound fun. It sounds irritating and annoying 

Edited by sealightbreeze

3 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

Nope.... Based on the gameplay and trailers, this game definitely feels like it's worth the $80 dollars. I mean even the cut scenes look like, on the same scale as Ghost of Thusamia or The Last Of Us. Heck, the gameplay seems polished and clean. You can tell Sony invested a lot of money into this game. 

Every new AAA game that sony makes is worth the full price. 

Sony games are like an elite experience. Like a mini-event.

giphy.gif