Trophy thoughts?

No longer here

It's hard to say for sure without playing it, but this does look like an easy list, especially by Housemarque standards - I don't see anything about a Master difficulty or anything like that.

I'll reserve judgement to see how I feel later, but their last two games were too hard to be enjoyable in my opinion. I platinumed Nex Machina but I really, really hated Veteran difficulty and thought it was unfair. I didn't even try Master difficulty on Matterfall because I didn't think it was good enough to put myself through that pain and it seemed like it was pain for the sake of pain and not really the fullest extension of the core gameplay - especially having to do the time trials on Master.

• Like 2

I don't think we should jump to conclusions and assume it's going to be a free platinum. It is a roguelike/lite? after all. Just beating the game might be hard, who knows. If Spelunky 2 had only one difficult trophy and it was to just "beat the game", it would still be a challenge.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

According to you then all Souls games should be easy as they don't have difficulty trophies and only collectibles and completing the game and hence 1-2/10 trophy lists, amirite?

SOuls games are another story, this is a psychological horror game that you cannot compare at all trophy wise toward a soul game. 

if i was to guess, this game will be a 15h story, maybe not even that(a soul game is 3 times that and thats just for completing it, for plat it is 150h ish)Prob a tripple devolopment budget aswell, this is A New ip(thats a risk) since its only PS5. far from comparible to Returnal. And i know trophies and Sony really well. But we will see, should get my copy this week or early next week.

EDIT: 

Also my comment is ment toward the READ of what the trophy describtion says and thoughts of the trophies of this game, not how actual hard the game will be, nobody knows that yet. So to me the trophies tells me its a 1 maybe a 2 in diffculty trophy wise. On a souls game you can clearly see it is GRIND, here you cant(what a clueless person you are). 

Edited by DividedByMankind

5 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

It's funny how some of the people complaining how easy the plat is also have loads of Ratalaikas on their profiles ??

Caught me red handed :(

Edit: I always hope for a good challenge. But will still pick it up regardless of course.

Edited by offdutysuperhero
  • Like 1

woah i had no idea this was a rogue like, gonna watch some streamers/youtubers play it before i pick it up at full price though.  housemarque usually deliver though so i'm confident this is a day 1/2 pick up

no idea about the trophy list, not sure how it can be hard though unless the game itself is hard

Edited by Teh_Zombz

13 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

I'll reserve judgement to see how I feel later, but their last two games were too hard to be enjoyable in my opinion. I platinumed Nex Machina but I really, really hated Veteran difficulty and thought it was unfair. I didn't even try Master difficulty on Matterfall because I didn't think it was good enough to put myself through that pain and it seemed like it was pain for the sake of pain and not really the fullest extension of the core gameplay - especially having to do the time trials on Master.

Can't say I agree that Nex Machina and Matterfall were too hard to be enjoyable, but they were certainly both pretty challenging.

I will say though - if you managed to get Veteran mode done in Nex Machina - believe me - you can do Master mode on Matterfall - I did both games back to back, and while Matterfall is harder to get to grips with initially, and to learn the basics of, it really isn't on the same level of difficulty as Nex Machina at the higher difficulties.

Obviously if you weren't enjoying them, then don't do it - but I just wanted to let you know just in case it was Nex Machina PTSD that was warding you off the Matterfall Master run - it isn't likely to trigger the same levels of frustration ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Can't say I agree that Nex Machina and Matterfall were too hard to be enjoyable, but they were certainly both pretty challenging.

I will say though - if you managed to get Veteran mode done in Nex Machina - believe me - you can do Master mode on Matterfall - I did both games back to back, and while Matterfall is harder to get to grips with initially, and to learn the basics of, it really isn't on the same level of difficulty as Nex Machina at the higher difficulties.

Obviously if you weren't enjoying them, then don't do it - but I just wanted to let you know just in case it was Nex Machina PTSD that was warding you off the Matterfall Master run - it isn't likely to trigger the same levels of frustration 263a.png

I still can't believe that Matterfall has a higher platinum rate then Nex. I didn't have any trouble with Nex but Matterfall Master made me so mad. It's those god damn revenge bullets, I hate them so much >:( 

The controls are weird, too, so that added to it. I wish I could go back to it, but I don't want to have to relearn the game and controls.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I still can't believe that Matterfall has a higher platinum rate then Nex. I didn't have any trouble with Nex but Matterfall Master made me so mad. It's those god damn revenge bullets, I hate them so much >:( 

The controls are weird, too, so that added to it. I wish I could go back to it, but I don't want to have to relearn the game and controls.

really? - that was the opposite for me - Nex Veteran was a holy terror for me, but Matterfall didn't give me quite as much trouble - though I did do Matterfall after Nex, so maybe my brain had just adjusted to match the Housemarque rhythm by that point ?

A few people called this game a first-party title here. Just wanted to say this is incorrect. While Returnal is exclusvie to PS5, Sony doesn't own Housemarque.

This trophy list does look easier at the first glance. There are no difficulty-related trophies unlike in Nex Machina, for example. But this is a different kind of game, a kind of rogue-like instead of a full on arcade style shooter. Maybe the difficulty is hiding somewhere else. We can only assume what stuff like 200% Max Integrity means. And we obviously don't know how hard the game itself is.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 3

I hope there are more bosses than what trophies hint...

This plat looks easy, but i do expect bunch of more challenging trophies being added after release.

20 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

A few people called this game a first-party title here. Just wanted to say this is incorrect. While Returnal is exclusvie to PS5, Sony doesn't own Housemarque.

This trophy list does look easier at the first glance. There are no difficulty-related trophies unlike in Nex Machina, for example. But this is a different kind of game, a kind of rogue-like instead of a full on arcade style shooter. Maybe the difficulty is hiding somewhere else. We can only assume what stuff like 200% Max Integrity means. And we obviously don't know how hard the game itself is.

It's confirmed, Returnal does not have difficulty options. It's a single difficulty.

Edited by MeltedDreams1
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:13 PM, Mercenary09 said:

You can tell Sony's mandate that their first-party games are to have very achievable Platinums carried over to this. Housemarque games have always been challenging but this looks like the easiest one yet. Not that I'm complaining.

Source on this Sony mandate?

12 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

Source on this Sony mandate?

PowerPyx mentioned that before on his website. He is receiving review copies and know. Sony is all in with accessibility. ''Game help'' on PS5 is perfect example.

You can bet that Ratchet Rift Apart won't have trophies tied to difficulty modes. ?

btw i'm still not sure if will buy Returnal at release. It's 75 euros where i live while RE Village is 55 and i'm more hyped for latter. Waiting for impressions i guess.

Edited by MeltedDreams1
  • Like 1

I didn't like the looks of Matterfall so I haven't tried it yet, but between Resogun, Dead Nation, Nex, and Alienation, I found Nex to be the most challenging. Just an aside, nothing to do with this game. I expect this game to be as hard as Alienation, which is to say not challenging

3 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

IP belongs to Sony, Playstation Studios to be exact.

1 hour ago, eXaphor said:

It's a first-party title. Funded and owned by SIE. Developed under the PlayStation Studio umbrella. The studio that developed it doesn't need to be owned by Sony. Another example, DeS Remake and the latest Sackboy.

Okay, maybe I'm wrong here. Welp. I've always thought that the games that are funded and published by Sony but not developed internally are still not considered "first-party" titles. I've heard people call this type of relationship "second-party", although it's not an actual term. Because "first-party" by definition means developed by the company and its studios.

1 minute ago, Alderriz said:

Okay, maybe I'm wrong here. Welp. I've always thought that the games that are funded and published by Sony but not developed internally are still not considered "first-party" titles. I've heard people call this type of relationship "second-party", although it's not an actual term. Because "first-party" by definition means developed by the company and its studios.

IP ownership dicatates the First Party title designation. First Party studio/developer coincides with who owns the developer. The two can and do differ on many projects.

We're all really splitting hairs that don't need to be split here though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

IP ownership dicatates the First Party title designation. First Party studio/developer coincides with who owns the developer. The two can and do differ on many projects.

We're all really splitting hairs that don't need to be split here though.

Ah, okay, good to know.