Trophy thoughts?

No longer here

2 hours ago, MeltedDreams1 said:

PowerPyx mentioned that before on his website. He is receiving review copies and know. Sony is all in with accessibility. ''Game help'' on PS5 is perfect example.

You can bet that Ratchet Rift Apart won't have trophies tied to difficulty modes. 1f61c.png

btw i'm still not sure if will buy Returnal at release. It's 75 euros where i live while RE Village is 55 and i'm more hyped for latter. Waiting for impressions i guess.

As far as I’ve seen, PowerPyx has only said “continuing with Sony’s trend of easy first party trophy lists...” which isn’t saying there’s a Sony mandate. There is a recent trend in easier first party lists, sure, but that doesn’t make it a mandate and I don’t believe there is any source claiming a mandate has been put into place.

And regardless, if there was a mandate, and you’re saying housemarque is beholden to it despite not being a Sony studio, then why was Death Stranding able to avoid it? There were difficulty trophies in that game.

1 minute ago, Orenn16 said:

As far as I’ve seen, PowerPyx has only said “continuing with Sony’s trend of easy first party trophy lists...” which isn’t saying there’s a Sony mandate. There is a recent trend in easier first party lists, sure, but that doesn’t make it a mandate and I don’t believe there is any source claiming a mandate has been put into place.

And regardless, if there was a mandate, and you’re saying housemarque is beholden to it despite not being a Sony studio, then why was Death Stranding able to avoid it? There were difficulty trophies in that game.

I don't necessarily believe there is a specific written mandate in place - or at least, if there was, it is able to be bypassed - a-la Demon's Souls, which let's face it, if they had made it too easy a list, there would have been open revolt among the fanbase - but, I think it's clear from the first party exclusives of recent years that an approachable base game, and holding 'Ultimate' difficulty trophies and NG+ trophies for a separate, post-release its is being heavily encouraged by Sony.

Mandate or not, the pattern is too clear not to be somewhat orchestrated.

I'm fine with it TBH - I'm not a masochist, and I got for 100% rather than soft-platinums anyways, so it makes little difference to me - I still need to do the harder stuff to feel complete ?

As far as Death Stranding goes - I'd imagine that in the trophy list, like everything else in that game, Kojima was basically told he had full creative control, as long as he remained within budget and on schedule.

Whether the final product was better of worse for that is debatable of course, though Sony seem to feel not, given the widely repeated rumour that they passed on his next game.

On 4/19/2021 at 0:01 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Wayhay 1f44f.png

There it is - took 8 hours, but I knew it would pop up eventually 1f602.png

What’s your point?  They ARE easy.  I’m not boasting.

edit: I’ve watched multiple people no hit all souls game (make it through a game without getting hit by ANY enemy) and a couple no hit all five in a row (excluding sekiro).  Now that would be a challenge.

Edited by Burzzz300
More context

If you're not first, you're last. Id say that anyone slower than Usain Bolt is slow, including myself obviously. Anyways, the list looks mediocre. 

PS: I've only played Demons Souls, but I also wouldn't characterize it as "hard". Dosnt take much technical skill to learn enemy movements. Although I suppose its trendy to cater to the masses and give pats on the back.

I'm never confident in making assumptions about a rogue-lite's trophy set, but it appears fair at first glance. Sounds fun to me! Not everything needs to be hardcore, and Returnal is a departure for Housemarque in many ways, after all. Wouldn't be surprised they add tougher ones with eventual DLC, though.

4 hours ago, farradono said:

Lords of the Fallen is a better example, hard due to being a clunky piece of shit

Well, I agree with one point in your reply, at least! ?  One of the worst ARPGs I've ever played; damn game gives me a migraine... and CONNIPTIONS.

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

There is something wrong with completing a tough game and then turning around and publicly stating “that was easy”.

That’s belittling others, and belittling others is for cu.nts.

Hmm, I don't think simply stating that you personally found a game to be easy is belittling. What I take issue with is lording it over others: "it was so easy for me, so it should be for you, tooget gud, scrub!" That stuff is insufferable, and almost makes me wish From would implement an easy mode in Elden Ring, so I could watch some elitist heads explode (petty, I know). Sadly, I used to indulge in such behavior myself, a fact which I'm rather ashamed of now.

Yes, Souls games are easy... for me, because I've already spent thousands of hours playing them. Being a veteran wildly skews one's perspective; your average player struggles mightily just to make it past the initial area. First one I ever picked up was Demon's, and I got destroyed plenty, especially in Shrine of Storms!

• Like 4

On 4/21/2021 at 1:15 AM, farradono said:

DMC5 is an hard game, yes, but a single perspective cannot be equated to the percentage of millions, since you like to flex,  I'm in the top 60 of fastest  achievers on Furi,  (considered by some harder than DMC 5 due to no hat, but that doesn't  matter in this instance) all in my first try, if I tried it now, I could get an ever better time, but that doesn't  mean I consider Furi an easy game, I see the arguments from others  regarding it being an hard game, and they are solid, Dark Souls is pretty much only carried by hype from game journalists, and it doesn't  help when it's brought into discussions (like in this thread before me)  regarding platinum difficulties and %, all things that don't  happen with DMC5.

I like to flex? First, I know it's probably wishful thinking on this site, but can we possibly cut this crap? I chose one of the harder trophies I got to back up my argument, but somehow I'm flexing. I mention I like Miles Morales in another thread, but somehow I'm a Sony fanboy. I don't know what is the average user age at PSNProfiles, but this is annoying. I'm not flexing. And if I would, not with gaming-related achievements to impress strangers online.

All the souls games, I played them solo, got no plus and all, so I guess you're late to the party? 

Don't  know about Sekiro,  but since it has an high percentage, the community  prone to hype up the difficulty of modern from software games, and it  being required  to have some balance due to  ot being an arpg, and  no co-op, yes, I can see it being easy.

Same as before. Late to the party? What party? The reason I mentioned playing the game solo is not to flex nor somehow offend your gaming skills. I mentioned it because of according to this logic, COD games are also not hard since other people can carry you through Easter Eggs.

Also, what you say, cannot be a 'fact', there's hard data  about the trophy %, both in PSNP and Playstation  Network, you may say that the Souls community  is magically much better than other communities for some strange reasons, but that would just be a guess, said guess not even considering how Co-op, which is even more encouraged in later entries.

And they're not avoided by 'casuals',  not having GTA5 sales does  not mean they're niche.

Let me present you with this hard data. I quickly scanned Platinum % for some of those LEGO games since my cousin plays them a lot and he hates difficult games. Several of them are below 25 %. Based on this hard data, I can safely say Sekiro is easier than all of these, then. Yeah, sure.

Let's ignore all the other aspects like already mentioned target player base and pretend that, as you called it, the hype from game journalists (as much as out of proportion it is sometimes) came out of nowhere. Let's pretend that most of the players were not struggling for several hours in the initial area of BloodBorne when playing it for the first time resulting in half of them giving up on the game. Let's pretend that every other game does not tell you where to go, what to do, has cryptic item descriptions, and even playing in coop needs to be googled how to. Let's pretend Orphan of Kos, Slave Knight Gael, Nameless King, and many others are comparable in difficulty with the average game bosses. Let's pretend that dungeons in Final Fantasy, Persona and many other games are the same in terms of difficulty as BloodBorne dungeons.

This is a waste of time. I've played these games. You've played these games. I won't be forcing my will on you.

On 4/21/2021 at 4:22 AM, MrJAMBA said:

If you're not first, you're last. Id say that anyone slower than Usain Bolt is slow, including myself obviously. Anyways, the list looks mediocre. 

PS: I've only played Demons Souls, but I also wouldn't characterize it as "hard". Dosnt take much technical skill to learn enemy movements. Although I suppose its trendy to cater to the masses and give pats on the back.

Not sure what is currently trending but Demon's Souls Remake is much easier than other Souls games, especially the bosses. But it is a good start to get the feel for the genre.

Edit: To stay on topic, I do like Returnal trophy icons ?

Edited by BloodyRutz

On 4/20/2021 at 4:25 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Can't say I agree that Nex Machina and Matterfall were too hard to be enjoyable, but they were certainly both pretty challenging.

I will say though - if you managed to get Veteran mode done in Nex Machina - believe me - you can do Master mode on Matterfall - I did both games back to back, and while Matterfall is harder to get to grips with initially, and to learn the basics of, it really isn't on the same level of difficulty as Nex Machina at the higher difficulties.

Obviously if you weren't enjoying them, then don't do it - but I just wanted to let you know just in case it was Nex Machina PTSD that was warding you off the Matterfall Master run - it isn't likely to trigger the same levels of frustration 263a.png

Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a shot at some point. The two Master trophies are the only ones I have left, and you're right, Veteran on NM was so, so hard...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clafoutee said:

How do you even track these ?

Except for the weapon profiency, I don't see any trophy that could be tracked with a counter in your screenshot.

It was just an example. "Visions of the Past" could be tracked as well. it's shows how the feature is not being used. In a full trophy list only 2 trophies got that feature. It doesn't make sense in some trophies since you can them get on natural progression. This is not a big deal tho, just pointing that out.

The pathless is a better example.