Trophy thoughts?

No longer here

3 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I was pretty worried about the "becomes the master" time challenge trophy in Titanfall 2 too because of all the talk about how hard it is etc. It even demotivated me from completing the game without even trying the challenge... But when I did, it wasn't too bad at all.

Reading all this made me unwilling of attempting the game, but perhaps it's not too big of a deal at all?

Would be good to hear some thoughts from people who almost completed it before Friday. Like, how do the checkpoints work? Every finished biome is a save/check point so you can leave?

I know a few stuff you ask without playing the game, so let me answer them for you. If you've played Demon's Souls you should be familiar with archstones. They're called biomes and that's where you spawn when you die. You always spawn at one of the tier 1 biomes when you die, tier 1 being a set of biomes where you can beat the first boss. If you have beaten the boss of this tier, you can teleport to the next tier of biomes almost instantly, and that's how you go to the biomes where you haven't beaten a boss yet. Biomes are procedurally generated but there's a set of rules that define the kind of biomes that are generated for the boss you fight in that tier, hopefully I am making sense here.

There is no checkpoints system, if you die you spawn at first boss biome. If you quit the game, you lose progress in the current biome and start off at biome 1 again. There might be a few items and upgrades that are permanent if you encounter them and close the game, but most of the stuff are lost when you quit the game. I am yet to understand what the permanent upgrades between runs are. That said, you can always put the PS5 in rest mode and continue off where you left at.

• Like 3

On 27/04/2021 at 2:59 AM, PS_4Trophies said:

As someone who completed the game a few times, I'm seeing a lot of unnecessary panic. You will struggle in the beginning but you're suppose to.

Hate to be that guy, you say you’ve finished the game a few times but according to this site you haven’t achieved act 3 trophy yet? Is it glitchy?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vivis_apprentice said:

Hate to be that guy, you say you’ve finished the game a few times but according to this site you haven’t achieved act 3 trophy yet? Is it glitchy?

I don't know what's going on with it. My Ascension trophy timestamp clearly shows I had something happen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

Fextralife is ok but I'll surely wait for other sources. Tbh, it's pretty much a noname game. Selling it at 70$ is quite risky and I don't know how they elaborate on pricepoint but 9 is very courageous. I may bite 9.5 story&setting although I still think it'll be something like Control in the storytelling aspect. It still can go beyond expectations. 

I believe this game will utilize 60 fps and dualsense in a good way. Also, let's not forget 3D headset. When you combine those technologies with good gameplay with replayability it actually could be an easy frontrunner for GOTY.

For the trophy list, I can assume it won't be that hard but will require some time in accord to the game's genre. And seeing how replayable the game it is, trophies would definitely require you to finish the game multiple times. I wouldn't mind it if the games were not that expensive in my country. I get rid of them (i.e. sell) shortly after I got them before platting lol. 

I know there's a lot of discussion on this going on on social media but I'm even more excited to find out that Returnal is very hard. Games are getting easier these days, I only felt boss palpitations with Bloodborne and Control (the super boss) in the last maybe year. I have my chill time games on the side, but I need a good challenge. I just hope since the game is hard itself, that the platinum trophy is not too insane!

• Like 2

https://www.powerpyx.com/returnal-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Estimated trophy difficulty: 8.5/10 (entirely skill-dependent, experienced players might find it to be a 7/10, for some it will be a 9/10 or 10/10)

If you’re looking for a quick, easy and fun platinum this game isn’t for you! If you don’t like repetition (repeating the same level 100+ times) this isn’t for you! If you don’t like random luck-based trophies, this game isn’t for you!

The game is randomly generated. Getting all collectibles (needed for gold survey trophies) comes down to luck.

It’s a game of the roguelike genre. If you die, exit the game, or turn off the console you basically lose your progress, with the exception of a handful of permanent unlocks.

You can’t “cheat” it by backing up your save game, because it requires you to close the application and the game wipes you out when you do this (when you go to back up your save you will respawn at the start of the act). However, you can skip bosses / regions you’ve already finished and head straight for the next boss. There are no difficulty settings, it’s the same hardcore experience for everyone. The story is quite challenging. A test of skill and patience. It’s definitely not a game for everyone. There are 6 Worlds (Biomes) & 5 Bosses in total & 3 Acts in total. Act 1 = Biome 1-3 / Act 2 = Biome 4-5 / Act 3 = Endgame Free Roam. There are 2 checkpoints during the story. One after act 1 (after 3rd boss), one after act 2 (after 5th boss). There are no checkpoints in between. The game is very punishing. If you die, you respawn at the start of the act. The game works similar to Wolfenstein 2 “Mein Leben” difficulty. If you die you lose your progress and respawn with practically nothing. You lose all your health upgrades, all your weapons, all your weapon proficiency, all your inventory etc. There’s also no character leveling system in the game, no way to permanently boost your stats between deaths

Edited by waltdisneypixar

We're talking about casuals who want to play some new PS5 exclusive. For them, it will be certainly 8-9/10. 
As for me, I'll wait for a sale, because I'm not a fan of roguelikes. But I must admit, I'm really impressed that Sony let Housemaque to do AAA game in that style. Apart from Miles Morales and Astro, those exclusives are pretty demanding as for now (Sackboy is  requires some skill, Demon's Souls, are, weeelll, Souls and the roguelike).

• Like 1

Housemarque in the past always had the most enjoyable Plats... Damn I'm really turned off by them making all these accolades add like 80 hours to the runtime. It's like someone in a board room was like "hmm.. $70.. how can we extract more value..." Massive RPGs don't even have 100+ hour Plats. Witcher 3 and Persona 5 can be done in around 80 hours and this pushes 100+ wow. Pretty unfortunate because I think the hardcore community that will play this has a large overlap with the trophy hunting community. 

Good to know the plat is off the table, I don't have to even worry about it now. I'm hoping I'll just be able to enjoy and complete the game.

I don't know why I'm even so intrigued by this one (of course it being one of the very rare true PS5 exclusives to this point is a big factor, can't lie). Everything about it is what I dislike and avoid in video games- rougelike, high difficulty, horror.

And for example, I didn't get or have any interest in Demon Souls (one of the other rare true exclusives)- because I know I don't fuck with the souls type difficulty games.

This one might end up being a "I don't know what I expected" situation and quickly do an about face and drop this game like a rock. But I'm still excited to give it a shot