Custom photo creation (manipulation)

BSKkayfabe

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get some pointers on creating, or rather manipulating photos i.e. changing the font, text, color etc. As i'm not very artsy but would like to create my own signatures, banners, profile pix etc. That way i can have them exactly as i want them without much hassle. Any guidance would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Before I would try to say anything about even simplest stuff that can be done with software to edit images, create signatures etc. I need to know what software you want or can use. Photoshop? GIMP? Lightroom? Of course Photoshop is most common software used among graphic creators, photographers (well, for them maybe Lightroom is more convenient) but I'm asking because:

1 - I'm not sure what exactly you would like to be able to do and learn

2 - I would really like to help (believe me), but my knowledge about GIMP and other image-editing apps is insufficient to say anything about even creating a simple, good looking text xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

GIMP (which i know is the lesser software but i'm on an ultra budget so i know not to expect the world.) I honestly just want to learn how to insert my own text over photos, change specific color schemes to colors i want. In a nutshell. BTW, thank you very much for wanting to help, it means alot :)

Edited by BSKkayfabe