How to downgrade to 1.09

Jaffar79

Sorry but i'm completely lost in so many posts about downgrade the game to 1.09 version.

I have the digital version (complete with the DLC's). Please someone have a good guide to downgrade the game? I have no idea....

Thx in advance...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, TheJimmonator said:

This is the written method for downgrading games - 

These are the appropriate region codes for either the US or EU version of Mafia III (these will need to be swapped out where appropriate according to the above guide) -

Here is a video which I haven't watched but I'm sure will be useful if you get stuck along the way (I just used the text guide, it's not nearly as difficult as it looked, trust me) - 

Thanks a lot mate, it worked for me. I successfully downgraded Mafia 3 from v.1.12 to v.1.09! 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24.6.2023 at 3:45 PM, Dejvid1189 said:

This ist working on PS5 :) I have 1.09 version in information. On console is information downloading 1.12 but is 1.09 download version.

Here's my photo from my PS5:

https://ibb.co/X7DkMzW

Could you elaborate a little if you did something different for your PS5 from the step by step guide/video for PS4 in this thread? Was there a specific difference in setting this up? I want to try it on PS5 and would like some clarification to not miss anything. I really need to get those Mafia III glitch trophies out of the way ? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 9:48 AM, majo334 said:

Could you elaborate a little if you did something different for your PS5 from the step by step guide/video for PS4 in this thread? Was there a specific difference in setting this up? I want to try it on PS5 and would like some clarification to not miss anything. I really need to get those Mafia III glitch trophies out of the way 1f605.png 

I can confirm that it works on PS5 and I did not have to do anything different regarding the tutorial to downgrade the version on PS4.
The only thing, when configuring the mapping, the Charles program automatically filled the "query" input. I just had to delete it and it worked fine.
To check that version 1.09 didn't have the glitched trophies, I went for the Flambé trophy. I killed 3 or 4 enemies with his own Molotov, turned off the console and repeated the process again. On the third try, the trophy popped up, so it doesn't erase the counters of deaths

Here is the "query" input that I'm talking about:

https://ibb.co/kDQsBqW

I hope it helps!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Black_Kaiser7 said:

I can confirm that it works on PS5 and I did not have to do anything different regarding the tutorial to downgrade the version on PS4.
The only thing, when configuring the mapping, the Charles program automatically filled the "query" input. I just had to delete it and it worked fine.
To check that version 1.09 didn't have the glitched trophies, I went for the Flambé trophy. I killed 3 or 4 enemies with his own Molotov, turned off the console and repeated the process again. On the third try, the trophy popped up, so it doesn't erase the counters of deaths

Here is the "query" input that I'm talking about:

https://ibb.co/kDQsBqW

I hope it helps!

Thank you very much! ?

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, so I was just trying to attempt this method, but I get stuck right after changing my settings on Ps5. I should get a request on Charles, but nothing pops up, and on console it says "Unable to connect to internet". Do you have any idea what may be causing this? I even tried turning off my Anti-virus (not Windows Defender though), but to no avail. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Shipyroni said:

physical disc

You know what I will be honest, I completely forgot physical was an option on PS5. That should still work yes. I was referring to doing it digitally since you can't use the PSX Download Helper to get 1.0 games on PS5. (Unless that has changed recently.) I will edit my above comment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to downgrade to version 1.09 on PS5, but I don't have any files ending in "json" in Charles. No issues with anything else. I found a file that had .json in it and mapped it, but it didn't work. I get a message on my PS5 saying "can't install."

Edited by rsh2112

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 7:10 PM, rsh2112 said:

I'm trying to downgrade to version 1.09 on PS5, but I don't have any files ending in "json" in Charles. No issues with anything else. I found a file that had .json in it and mapped it, but it didn't work. I get a message on my PS5 saying "can't install."

Charles has to be pointed to the json link

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA03652_00/73/f_cd2ab46d6e8f4f2c8f9b4e8653b83adcec07cb578ffc5278d41814381db047b8/f/UP1001-CUSA03652_00-MAFIA30000000001-A0109-V0101.json

wWvrhrn.png

Edited by justin747

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 5:48 PM, rsh2112 said:

My free trial expired, so I'm not gonna mess with it anymore. I guess I just didn't do it right.

u can jut uninstall charles and reinstall it to get it back thats what i did and i was able to get the trial back. also for those doing the digital way since the download speed is slow u can do it until the game is ready to play launch it you'll get a notification saying patch 1.12 added to update u can delete that from ur downloads and switch back to ur normal internet and you'll be able to install faster then waiting hours for it to download and having to sit by ur computer to refresh charles every 30 minutes if on trial