Boss Run: Impossible support group! (tips and strategies)

Joe Dubz

Well hey there OP, after doing some research I can tell you that: NO, there appears to be no missable stuff according to this wonderful collectable guide made by Steam user SuperContact ?? In case anyone else is wondering, check that out ?? Maybe next time OP you should do some research yourself ?

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Well hey there OP, after doing some research I can tell you that: NO, there appears to be no missable stuff according to this wonderful collectable guide made by Steam user SuperContact 1f609.png1f643.png In case anyone else is wondering, check that out 1f601.png1f44c.png Maybe next time OP you should do some research yourself 1f61c.png

Yeah OP, you should listen to this guy, he seems to know what he’s talking about ?

Looking forward to starting this game too soon!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

Yeah OP, you should listen to this guy, he seems to know what he’s talking about 1f61b.png

Looking forward to starting this game too soon!

Right, some people just making pointless posts instead of doing their own research first ??

I hope you like it, I've very much been enjoying it so far!! It's kind of like a Cuphead meets grand adventure kind of game, seeing as the fights are pretty much only bosses. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 2:41 PM, Joe Dubz said:

Well hey there OP, after doing some research I can tell you that: NO, there appears to be no missable stuff according to this wonderful collectable guide made by Steam user SuperContact 1f609.png1f643.png In case anyone else is wondering, check that out 1f601.png1f44c.png Maybe next time OP you should do some research yourself 1f61c.png

While there’s nothing missable, it can be harder if you do it later, rather than now. For example, if you finish all the story bits in Popo City, finding dead kneft from fishing to sell to the snack bar will require more luck. Just a message to anyone starting out. Still a great game, though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

While there’s nothing missable, it can be harder if you do it later, rather than now. For example, if you finish all the story bits in Popo City, finding dead kneft from fishing to sell to the snack bar will require more luck. Just a message to anyone starting out. Still a great game, though.

That info will be very helpful for newcomers, thank you!!

I was breezing through until trying to get Boss Rush: Impossible done... That shit is just unfair and brutal, even with the exploit!! Dunno if I'm going to have the wherewithal to see this one through. Best of luck to you bud!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

That info will be very helpful for newcomers, thank you!!

I was breezing through until trying to get Boss Rush: Impossible done... That shit is just unfair and brutal, even with the exploit!! Dunno if I'm going to have the wherewithal to see this one through. Best of luck to you bud!

How far did you make it under those conditions? After beating the game on hard, I believed that the second half of All Bosses mode will be by far the most difficult, because of the Fnakkers and phase two of the Bankkrent, but I could be wrong.

I'm likely going to write a guide for this game, once I finish this trophy list or get close to finishing it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

How far did you make it under those conditions? After beating the game on hard, I believed that the second half of All Bosses mode will be by far the most difficult, because of the Fnakkers and phase two of the Bankkrent, but I could be wrong.

I'm likely going to write a guide for this game, once I finish this trophy list or get close to finishing it.

Yep, the point you are referring to sounds about right. For me, it seemed that they didn't always go in the same order to some extent? For example, the Church Fnakkers, the 2 big Fnakkers, etc seemed to come at different points once you get further along. So it would vary for me, but when I counted how many bosses my best was up to #18, when I died against the Chef that time. I was able to consistently make it to the Fnakkers rounds without using my ice cream, but I always get slaughtered by those groups for whatever reason!

That's not even counting Bankkrent phase 2, I didn't even make it that far but that fight without upgrades is going to be rough! I just wish we were able to practice them individually... You may have noticed, but when you practice bosses you are always given at a bare minimum the Speed Shot, or whatever it's called. It would have been nice to practice them under the correct conditions with 0 upgrades!! 

At any rate, as I said before good luck and please let me know if you are able to figure out a good strategy for that 2nd half!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

At any rate, as I said before good luck and please let me know if you are able to figure out a good strategy for that 2nd half!

I can't explain why but I've had more success if I don't jump around and just move side to side for the Fnakker group fights. They seem to hit you more when you're in the air. After watching some videos on the Impossible run you'll see many players use this tactic. It's not perfect and you'll still get hit, but I've been able to get to P2 Bankkrent several times because of it.

For the Fnakker bridge fight (the one where you vs 4) try stick close to the Fnakker who throws healing items. If you don't jump much he'll accidently throw them into you.

For Chef Fnakker always stay in the pot even if you can get out. He'll continue to throw healing items in the pot. I'll leave him with a slither of health and just wait for him to keep throwing food in until I reach 200 health and then quickly finish him off before burning too much.

Still working out how to beat P2 Bankkrent. Got to his 3rd phase a couple times but keep failing lol.

Edited by Lausokii
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Lausokii said:

I can't explain why but I've had more success if I don't jump around and just move side to side for the Fnakker group fights. They seem to hit you more when you're in the air. After watching some videos on the Impossible run you'll see many players use this tactic. It's not perfect and you'll still get hit, but I've been able to get to P2 Bankkrent several times because of it.

For the Fnakker bridge fight (the one where you vs 4) try stick close to the Fnakker who throws healing items. If you don't jump much he'll accidently throw them into you.

For Chef Fnakker always stay in the pot even if you can get out. He'll continue to throw healing items in the pot. I'll leave him with a slither of health and just wait for him to keep throwing food in until I reach 200 health and then quickly finish him off before burning too much.

Still working out how to beat P2 Bankkrent. Got to his 3rd phase a couple times but keep failing lol.

This is great, I very much appreciate the insight here! I'm going to give your methods a try... I was wondering why I would get randomly healed during the Church fight and now it makes sense. I made the mistake of jumping out of the pot for the Chef, but now I see that was a mistake!!

That definitely seems to be key for Boss Rush, being able to pick up and stock up on health wherever you can. Ideally it would work best to save the Ice Cream until Bankkrent ph2, but that is definitely easier said than done!! Good luck and thanks again ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lausokii said:

After practicing P2 Bankkrent a little bit, I think I have found a strategy for his third phase. When he assembles his minions into a triangular form, I found it easiest to attack the minions at the bottom, since the minions at the top launch projectiles at you in a very predictable manner that can actually be dodged. When the Bankkrent readies a mudball attack, I try moving to the left/right of where I usually stay to dodge the minions attacks and attack the Bankkrent, and then immediately come back. While that does not always work, it's probably because I have not practiced it enough. The rest of the phase is roughly the same as the previous phases, with his attacks being relatively manageable to dodge. For the final phase, I found a hiding spot that I'm pretty sure is 100% safe from the Bankkrent's projectiles. This spot is the bottom left corner of the main arena, where you would usually enter during the story mode.

What were your strategies for the first two phases? I'm still struggling with those.

• Like 2

I have made it to the final stage of Bankkrent 3 times (twice with nearly full health) but somehow still haven’t won. 

It’s possible on the Fnakker bridge fight to get back to full health, by only killing the small Fnakkers throwing rocks and leaving alive the little one throwing health to the big one.

Ive used this a couple of times to get to Bankkrent still with the ice cream, but I keep choking.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

I have made it to the final stage of Bankkrent 3 times (twice with nearly full health) but somehow still haven’t won. 

It’s possible on the Fnakker bridge fight to get back to full health, by only killing the small Fnakkers throwing rocks and leaving alive the little one throwing health to the big one.

Ive used this a couple of times to get to Bankkrent still with the ice cream, but I keep choking.  

You can do it, hang in there!! I appreciate you guys/gals sharing your tips. I kind of got discouraged and lost motivation there the last few days, but you are sparking the fire to make me want to push through and get it done ?? Now I understand perfectly well why this plat is sub-1%!!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

It’s so comforting to know I’m not alone struggling with this! I also appreciate seeing other people in the same situation :)

Good luck to everyone going for it. Hopefully I can report back soon with some success 

I am tempted to change the title to "Boss Rush: Impossible support group" ?

Sounds good to me, looking forward to hearing everyone's progress!! I've been caught up on Atomicrops but I will plan to give this another go soon. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

What were your strategies for the first two phases? I'm still struggling with those.

Shooting his heads and leaving about 5 or 6 alive. Then wait until he hopefully teleports to ground level where you can just open fire. 

For Phase 2 you have another opportunity to open fire if he's on ground level and he decides to use his exploding vein attack.

9 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

I didn't notice the healer Fnakker was aiming for the big guy! I usually killed the big guy first. Imma try this out. Saving that ice cream for P2 Bankkrent is everyone's best bet to getting this done

• Like 2

FINALLY!!!!

I managed to do it without even using the ice cream! :) 

There’s a lot of luck involved in some parts. The very final part of Bankkrent 2, he had 3 long spells close to the ground where I could hit him a lot (I never had that happen before). 

Biggest tip for him (as Lausokii mentioned) is only destroy a few floating heads. If he is close to the ground, he will stay there a while if you don’t kill more heads, so make use of it. 

Good luck to everyone, feel free to ask if you are stuck on any stages and I will help best I can. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

FINALLY!!!!

I managed to do it without even using the ice cream! :) 

There’s a lot of luck involved in some parts. The very final part of Bankkrent 2, he had 3 long spells close to the ground where I could hit him a lot (I never had that happen before). 

Biggest tip for him (as Lausokii mentioned) is only destroy a few floating heads. If he is close to the ground, he will stay there a while if you don’t kill more heads, so make use of it. 

Good luck to everyone, feel free to ask if you are stuck on any stages and I will help best I can. 

Sweet, congratulations!! I guess RNG sounds like it can make things easier or harder, depending on where he ends up popping up at. That and only taking out a few heads seems to be key, as well as trying to keep the ice cream until then. 

I have decided to adjust the original title of the post to be more reflective of the direction things have gone in here! In doing so, I also decided to add the steps for the health glitch to the OP, since it was kind of buried there back in one of the other posts. Hopefully this will make things easier for any newcomers to the game who want to give this a go!

2 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Sweet, congratulations!! I guess RNG sounds like it can make things easier or harder, depending on where he ends up popping up at. That and only taking out a few heads seems to be key, as well as trying to keep the ice cream until then. 

I have decided to adjust the original title of the post to be more reflective of the direction things have gone in here! In doing so, I also decided to add the steps for the health glitch to the OP, since it was kind of buried there back in one of the other posts. Hopefully this will make things easier for any newcomers to the game who want to give this a go!

Excellent work! Hopefully more people give this game a chance :)

I’m having trouble with the World Champion trophy. I finished in 20 mins (but died to the Halloween boss) and then restarted the game and died to the fish. No trophy :/

How did it unlock for you?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

I’m having trouble with the World Champion trophy. I finished in 20 mins (but died to the Halloween boss) and then restarted the game and died to the fish. No trophy :/

Just a heads up, I had a similar issue with World Champion not unlocking. I left the game for about 10 minutes and tried the fish again, and it popped after failing.

It seems like the leaderboards need a bit of time to update, hopefully that's all it is for you ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

Hmm right, I didn't have any issues with that one popping using the method you described? I would just give it a little time, as @Dafwilliams0308 has suggested. Probably as they mentioned, it just takes a minute to update.

I'm not surprised, considering how glitchy this game is when it comes to the leaderboards loading! It literally crashes on me every single time, so if I know I'm about to die I pull the plug and quit out so I don't need to go through the whole glitch again. 

• Like 1

I made it up to the second to last checkpoint, but I am stuck on Bram. I have an idea on how to beat each of the Fnakker bosses, but I can't seem to beat Bram. Any tips, anyone?

Btw, for anyone new, if you want to use the workaround for World Champion, the Fish boss has to be the second boss during an All Boss Run in order for it to pop. That's what happened for me.

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

I made it up to the second to last checkpoint, but I am stuck on Bram. I have an idea on how to beat each of the Fnakker bosses, but I can't seem to beat Bram. Any tips, anyone?

Btw, for anyone new, if you want to use the workaround for World Champion, the Fish boss has to be the second boss during an All Boss Run in order for it to pop. That's what happened for me.

For Bram, I was mostly staying back and double jumping. 
While he is charging the bazooka attack, I moved forward while double jumping (so my shots landed on top of him) which made me dodge his shot also. Then I moved back again. 
You can also get good damage on him when he is taking out his healing items, so move forwards to attack him then. 

This method worked 70% of the time, and I would take around 60-80pts of damage. 
Again, it’s slightly luck based and sometimes he will just wreck you. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

For Bram, I was mostly staying back and double jumping. 
While he is charging the bazooka attack, I moved forward while double jumping (so my shots landed on top of him) which made me dodge his shot also. Then I moved back again. 
You can also get good damage on him when he is taking out his healing items, so move forwards to attack him then. 

This method worked 70% of the time, and I would take around 60-80pts of damage. 
Again, it’s slightly luck based and sometimes he will just wreck you. 

Did you use the 200 HP exploit during your Impossible run? If so, then that probably explains why you survived the Fnakker fights after taking that much damage from Bram. I was wondering because I've been avoiding the HP exploit, because I worry that using it will trivialize the challenge of mastering the bosses. Thanks for the strategy anyway!