Boss Run: Impossible support group! (tips and strategies)

Joe Dubz

Yes I used the health exploit, I personally don’t think it diminished the accomplishment because there is a lot of RNG in the later bosses. 
Major props to you if you make it without.  

On my successful run I had all 3 Fnakkers in a row, so I could use the health dropped on Fnakker Friends to be full for Bram, which helped a lot. 

42 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Did you use the 200 HP exploit during your Impossible run? If so, then that probably explains why you survived the Fnakker fights after taking that much damage from Bram. I was wondering because I've been avoiding the HP exploit, because I worry that using it will trivialize the challenge of mastering the bosses. Thanks for the strategy anyway!

You are a brave soul and not afraid of a real challenge I see!! IMO, it is more than hard enough even with having the extra HP. The sub-1% rarity says it all! Just my 2 cents tho, and agreed with roosta in wishing props to you if you are able to get it done without!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 3

Trying to put some practice in here myself... I would love to once again bring up the fact that it is very asinine that we can't practice this as it should be on a 0% run, without any upgrades!! It almost makes it feel pointless to me doing so with rapid fire on, but oh well. I guess you still learn the enemy patterns and such a little better each time. It's just a bit of a shame that the devs just stopped caring about PS4 updates a while back, because this game is top notch otherwise IMO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

Trying to put some practice in here myself... I would love to once again bring up the fact that it is very asinine that we can't practice this as it should be on a 0% run, without any upgrades!! It almost makes it feel pointless to me doing so with rapid fire on, but oh well. I guess you still learn the enemy patterns and such a little better each time. It's just a bit of a shame that the devs just stopped caring about PS4 updates a while back, because this game is top notch otherwise IMO!

There technically IS a way to practice, but it's not that efficient. That is to play through the game on Hard difficulty until you reach the boss you wish to practice. Then, you remove any gumgumgun upgrades, save before the fight, and practice away, abusing the bucket save to constantly practice.

Completely agree with you about the last bit, though.

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

There technically IS a way to practice, but it's not that efficient. That is to play through the game on Hard difficulty until you reach the boss you wish to practice. Then, you remove any gumgumgun upgrades, save before the fight, and practice away, abusing the bucket save to constantly practice.

Completely agree with you about the last bit, though.

This is a very smart way to do this!! Good stuff, thank you for the tip bud! I have a pretty easy time up until those Fnakker fights and such, that last round of bosses is tough ?

• Like 1

I hate to disappoint y'all, but when it comes to doing it without the exploit, I'm throwing in the towel for now. The first half is 100% doable with the right strategy, but the second half is so dependent on RNG and unavoidable damage, that I'm starting to question if it's even possible without the exploit. Even when I started using the exploit, I'm having a hard time with the Bib Fnakkers and Fnakker Friends. If I'm having trouble with those bosses with double the health, then I don't even know my odds of doing it with only 100. Feels like choosing between a challenge and a brain hemorrhage. 

That being said, I made it up to the Bankkrent Phase Two, but I had to waste my ice cream on the Bib Fnakkers. The other two Fnakker fights are usually manageable. How did you get through the Bib Fnakkers fight without using your ice cream @roosta_141?

• Like 3

@Trumpet_Boi_208 yep I can't say I blame you for throwing in the towel there. In the research that I've done, for Boss Run on the Steam version of the game, you play on easy mode and are given 3 ice creams, as opposed to playing on hard with 1 ice cream on ps4... I feel like trying to play through this without the proper most recent updates that Steam received and no exploit is just an incredibly masochistic way to do it!! I'm sure it could be done with enough time and practice, but I do not have the time nor wherewithal to do so.

As for the Bib Fnakkers, those are the set I struggle with the most out of all of them, so I'm sorry I don't have any good advice for you there! They ended up creaming me yesterday when I gave it a shot, but hopefully roosta can give us some good tips!

• Like 3

No disappointment here :) Props to you for trying to go legit!

Bib Fnakkers were the most troublesome for me, sometimes they would just not go down. 
My main technique was to immediately go left and chase the 1 Fnakker that usually runs there, and then stay on the left side switching between jumping over the rocks or shooting them as they come close. 

I remembered I saved the clip of me passing the Fnakkers and Bram without using the ice cream, so here it is!

I hope it helps :)

(Note: usually I would spend a lot longer on Fnakker Friends to make sure I finished with full health, but I was feeling impatient)

• Like 3

You have to leave the big Fnakker and the healer alive until the end (so just kill the 2 small Fnakkers throwing rocks)

Then just position yourself between them and intercept the health until you’re full :)

Edited by roosta_141
  • Like 3

Got it done because of you people in this thread! Thanks for the tips and motivation to keep trying.

It was kind of tricky keeping the healer and big Fnakker alive. 2 out of 4 runs I could manage to do it and heal up to full health. On 1 run, Bram melted my health so I had to use the ice cream anyway. But on my 4th run I managed to save the ice cream for the final boss and it helped get through the boss run!

My Ps4 is set to only record the last 10 mins so I didn't record the entire run :(

But I can link the Bankkrent fights for anyone who may find it helpful :)

Edited by Lausokii
Attach video
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Lausokii said:

Got it done because of you people in this thread! Thanks for the tips and motivation to keep trying.

It was kind of tricky keeping the healer and big Fnakker alive. 2 out of 4 runs I could manage to do it and heal up to full health. On 1 run, Bram melted my health so I had to use the ice cream anyway. But on my 4th run I managed to save the ice cream for the final boss and it helped get through the boss run!

My Ps4 is set to only record the last 10 mins so I didn't record the entire run :(

But I can link the Bankkrent fights for anyone who may find it helpful :)

Nice congratulations on the win! I'm glad this could keep you motivated to cross the finish line ? I very much appreciate all your tips guys. I haven't had another chance yet myself, but I feel like I am much better prepared for my next attempt ?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Lausokii said:

But I can link the Bankkrent fights for anyone who's interested :)

Great job conquering the Impossible! Seeing people do it gives me motivation to keep going at it, especially considering that I got very close yesterday, but died to phase three of the final boss, because I had to use my ice cream on the Fnakker Friends. The healer AI bugged out, preventing me from using him to fully heal. It sucks, but every defeat makes me stronger!

This video also helped me realize a more efficient strategy that can help everyone still trying the Bankkrent, including myself. During the first stun, you can place the blieken on the left side, and then pick them up during the second phase when the Bankkrent himself is attacking you. Then, you can place them on one of the spots on the right side after the second stun. The mistake I would make here is that I would pick them up during the third phase, giving the Bankkrent an easy opportunity to heal himself, negating the damage I already dealt to him during that phase. Instead, one could stun him for the final time, and then transfer the blieken from one spot on the right side to another, because the stun window is generous enough to allow that. Hope this strategy helps us along the way!

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Great job conquering the Impossible! Seeing people do it gives me motivation to keep going at it, especially considering that I got very close yesterday, but died to phase three of the final boss, because I had to use my ice cream on the Fnakker Friends. The healer AI bugged out, preventing me from using him to fully heal. It sucks, but every defeat makes me stronger!

This video also helped me realize a more efficient strategy that can help everyone still trying the Bankkrent, including myself. During the first stun, you can place the blieken on the left side, and then pick them up during the second phase when the Bankkrent himself is attacking you. Then, you can place them on one of the spots on the right side after the second stun. The mistake I would make here is that I would pick them up during the third phase, giving the Bankkrent an easy opportunity to heal himself, negating the damage I already dealt to him during that phase. Instead, one could stun him for the final time, and then transfer the blieken from one side to another, because the stun window is generous enough to allow that. Hope this strategy helps us along the way!

This is fantastic news, anything to help ease the burden on that difficult fight! Someone also mentioned hiding in that corner in the bottom left, where you normally first enter the arena. I tried it out and you don't avoid every shot, depending on where Bankkrent is at, but it does block quite a few hits! Just a suggestion to try as well, as every little bit helps on that one.

• Like 1

Great job! @Lausokii

I had a really similar run on Bankkrent 2, he luckily was close to the ground often in phase 3. 

@Trumpet_Boi_208 I found that after the second phase, I just tried to stay alive by shooting the little heads until he healed, and then collected the Blienken at the start of his 3rd phase. 
It was a bit more consistent to let him heal and start fresh

• Like 1

I finally beat the impossible, after many hours of deaths and agonizingly close failures! I can link the video to the full run later, if anyone wishes to see it. More importantly, I truly appreciate you all taking time out of your days to help and motivate others who also wish to overcome this substantial challenge!

I’ll focus on finishing my trophy guide so that others can notice and maybe even be motivated to platinum this true gem!

• Like 4

Congrats @Trumpet_Boi_208, that's spectacular news! That's awesome that you are writing a trophy guide, hopefully that will spark more interest in this fantastic lil hidden gem.

3 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

@Joe Dubz it’s your turn next! You got this 1f4aa.png

Hell ya buddy, it's go time! Hopefully I'll be able to report back with good news. Cheers fellas, and well played ?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

When he is pressuring you, try to focus more on cancelling his shots rather than trying to get damage in. Most of the time, I was destroyed by Bram because I was greedy or impatient. 

Seems to be my case too. I can get past him but lose more health than I would like. Just got to last boss but died cause I used healing on frak friends or whatever they're called. So far those two bosses have been the most troublesome part of impossible boss rush. 

4 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Seems to be my case too. I can get past him but lose more health than I would like. Just got to last boss but died cause I used healing on frak friends or whatever they're called. So far those two bosses have been the most troublesome part of impossible boss rush. 

Are you using the technique to get full health on Fnakker Friends?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

Are you using the technique to get full health on Fnakker Friends?

Nah, fight is a bit hectic so I usually just kill them in any order to take as little damage as possible but I did notice that strat in one of the videos. I'll practice it to see if I can get it done consistently.