PS3 and Vita store will STAY ONLINE!!

kidson2004

That's relieving to hear. I can now purchase these titles and DLC over time, instead of having to spend hundreds in one go just so I can own this stuff for later.

Still kind of sad to hear this reversal doesn't apply to the PSP's storefront but it was already partially shut down anyway so it's not that surprising. I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to purchase PSP content through the PS3 and PS Vita storefronts and download it on a PSP as long as that account has the license.

We as players can unite to stop corpo companies on taking dumb decisions, they are there because of OUR MONEY, boring more, we need to complain , we need to fight them because it's our money that we gained for our sweat,blood and tears, so thanks community now i'm very happy for this.

we just need now full compatibility and cmos fix update and we are done

Just a couple of weeks ago, you guys wanted to hang Jim Ryan, now all of a sudden you love the guy? Jesus you guys are fake as f****.

Jim Ryan made you all look like fools. This is why you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Until the store is officially closed down and we no longer able to purchase stuff, you shouldn't have taken the news at heart. There was always a chance for the ruling to be overturned. 

Lessoned to be learned. Take any news with a grain of salt. Things can be easily overturned. 

giphy.gif  

Edited by Shinjiitsu
  • Like 1

I'm so glad they changed their mind, I did a lot of panic buying but I don't really care tbh, this announcement was a wake up call for me. I know for sure that I'm only playing on old gen until I'm done with everything xD

This news really made my day, I will really try to finish everything asap because next time they announce something like this, it's gonna happen for real lol

• Like 4

Wait, what? Is it late April's Fools? Literally never would have expected this to ever happen. Very, very good news indeed.

But the cynic in me wonders just how long the stores still have left even with this news. Not to mention I'm sure a bunch of people that panic bought a bunch of games/DLC are probably kinda pissed now. Kind of a double edged sword really, it's good they've decided this is a bad idea, but with literally nothing to indicate they would reverse their decision, they've screwed over a few people that potentially spent hundreds on digital content in a needlessly short time frame.

• Like 2

Well what a fun surprise, they sure did get me to panic buy a lot of stuff ?

If anything, this is still a good time for people to buy older games and tackle any and all PS3/Vita games in the library with online trophies, you never know what they’ll do next. This should have been a huge wake up call to everyone. While everyone is rejoicing, I’m still on guard and prepared for the execs to make quick and drastic decisions again in the future, regardless of what they’re for.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gommes_ said:

Alright two things:

1. We should've waited until it was actually closed? To do what, buy stuff?

2. No one loves Jim Ryan, the vast majority of posts are sarcastic.

1. Yes..... People should have waited. For the love of God, we had four months to get the games we needed. If you were smart, you could have waited until July to purchase the games. Because there was always the possibility for the news to be overturned. This is why people should never impulse buy. 

2. There are articles already, and many threads praising Jim Ryan again. and countless amount of people on Twitter and Reddit praising him. So yea, I highly doubt they were being sarcastic.

• Like 3

WOW big companies like sony tend to not bend back once a decision has been made public.This is the right decision from my point of view as they are still plenty of users in this world using the Playstation 3. i hope they bring back discounts everyone in a while to boost sales too