PS3 and Vita store will STAY ONLINE!!

kidson2004

Fantastic!! I hadn’t really been effected as much as some as I have a fairly extensive collection of physical games to get through, but one of my friends has bought so many titles over the last week or so, he probably had a huge part in showing Sony that there was still life left on the PS3 Store!! Can’t wait to talk to him later!! ?

• Like 4

Sony with the good old fishing rod, reeling the bait back in and admiring the catch that came with it...

Seriously, this is good news. More than likely a scare tactic on Sony's part, but for them it really was win win no matter what approach they took here (store closing or panic buying). The surge of buying helped, I personally spent about $40 already but had planned to spend about $200-$300.

I... still might. The Vita needs some more loving.

Good news but I'll probably still get most of the stuff I was planning on buying before the cancelled shutdown anyways. It is highly unlikely that we see another PS3 sale and we never know when things will get delisted so might as well buy them now instead of putting it off and potentially risk missing out again.

10 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Must have gotten enough money from panic buys to keep the stores going for a few more years. Either way, people should still buy what they want before they change there mind again.

That likely is what it is I think. Someone saw the money coming in and decided there surely is still money to be gotten out of the well. 

Whatever the case, good stuff. 

55 minutes ago, Aridoyu said:

This is fantastic news!!

Although, I feel bad for a lot of people who just bought a ton of stuff. I just hope that PS3 and Vita prices will finally go back to normal.

were they inflated? Persona 4 is just £9 for me which I thought was a mistake at first.

Edited by Lianco

I panic bought a few things but nowhere near as much as some people that I’ve seen. I can’t believe they’ve decided to keep it going, I’m genuinely shocked but it’s definitely a good thing because people are still willing to put money into the PS3 and Vita 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

For now. I'm sure it will eventually still go down, but it's nice they're keeping it up longer.

To be honest, Sony could have closed the store with little to no hassle, if they had just broken the news themselves, and gave a reasonable timetable for closure.

Yes, I know there would always be complainers, but imagine if Sony said something like, "We will be closing the PS3 store one year from today. Please be aware that we will not be removing trophy functionality, and you will still be able to download your previous purchases. If you are interested in new purchases, however, please keep this deadline in mind."

Instead, the news was broken by a damn internet personality, and we were given what, 4 months? And THIS was after the PS3/PSVita stores were inexplicably taken down off of their webstore for no discernible reason whatsoever (I mean, are there really a bunch of people buying games on one system, thinking they work for another one?).

I've said it before, but Sony's policies, while problematic, aren't really what get them in trouble. It's their attitude towards the gamers that have supported them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Glad to hear this, but what am i gonna do with all the games i panic bought. 1f914.png

What if this was all a ruse by Sony to make some cash, everyone panic buying stuff, then cancelling the store closure and everyone is uncle Jim's best friend again. :P:P:P 

If that was their goal, then it worked. But honestly I think it was just a long-term PR move to make. Listening to the community and then everyone loves them again, etc. 

• Like 1