PS3 and Vita store will STAY ONLINE!!

kidson2004

15 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

What a stupid fucking comment that makes no sense at all.

Nope. They aren't. People are glad he reversed the stupid fucking decision but nobody's genuinely praising the fuck.

Jim Ryan isn’t bad. I like him. It was a legitimate business decision and I wouldn’t be mad if the store did shut down. I believe he is working on something massive such as full BC.

8 minutes ago, Adilya said:

They're still closing the PSP store, does that mean those games will cease to exist in the Vita store too? I can't really get that from his message...

I think they're just getting rid of the rest of the PSP's capability to purchase content. They "shut down" the store back in 2016 for it (though you can apparently still buy games on it by searching for them on the store, or via a PS3 or Vita and then accessing them through the download list on the PSP), and you can still buy content through some games. They mentioned in the original email that this would be ceasing, so I imagine that's all it is. The Vita store is separate so the PSP games on there should be safe, but I obviously can't 100% guarantee that.

Jim Ryan: So, did the bait work?

SONY employee: Like a charm, sir. So, we are not going to shot down the stores on PSP/PS3/Vita, sir?

Jim Ryan:Of course not! This just goes to show you that our customers are nothing but sheep, after all.

SONY employee: Yes, they are. Are we going to do the same thing next year too, sir?

Jim Ryan: Of course. Nothing puts money on our accounts faster than the good old fashioned panic buying.

SONY employee: You are a genius, sir! But what if our customers don't get hooked up on panic buying next year?

JIM Ryan: Of course I am! If they do not hook up on panic buying next year, we are definitely going to close the stores than. Spending a ton of money to play "retro" games? Who still plays those? Gamers are idiots!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lianco said:

were they inflated? Persona 4 is just £9 for me which I thought was a mistake at first.

Definitely, a lot of the sought-out NA Vita games go for around $100-150 now.

Not even the rare ones, just Vita games in general.

• Like 1

I wasn't overly fussed but I'm glad a lot of people are happy with this decision and that Sony does in fact seem to listen. Guess the weeks of more constant negative PR than they had seen since 2006 got to them

• Like 1

Alhamdulillah! It seems in the holy month of Ramadan Jim Ryan has converted to Islam and seen the error of his kafir ways. Rejoice brothers and sisters Mashallah.

(Wish the store wasn't still shit though)

But in all seriousness this is a fantastic decision to take I almost couldn't believe it when I saw the link to this forum I just hope that people calm the fuck down with the buying sprees and the prices lower for physical games again.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I know everyone is happy about this news, and so am I (though I'm more just utterly shocked than anything), so I hate to be a killjoy but I honestly feel like damage has already been done.

Vita developers cancelled games because of this, are games going to be "un-cancelled" now?

People spent more money than necessary on full priced content because of this.

People were panicking over patches no longer downloading, the CMOS battery situation, not being able to ever buy games they redeemed on PS Plus, and just when the rest of the online functionality would be shut down because of this. Needless stress and concern has already been had.

I can only imagine how much of a PR nightmare this must be for Sony themselves, their reputation is already tainted in the eyes of many now (and not just because of the store closures), and I don't think them reversing this decision on this is going to suddenly change that.

And at the end of the day, the stores are probably still going to close down eventually. I just hope they do it right next time, by giving a MINIMIUM of a year in advance warning, and making things more clear this time (the whole confusion over the crossbuy titles, for example). I do also wonder just why they reversed this decision. I can certainly believe it is because of the outcry, but it seems doubtful it was that alone. Maybe some of those Vita developers threatened to sue? We'll likely never know for certain.

Anywho, I am still really pleased about the decision and I think it's amazing that they backpedalled on this, never in a million years did I see this coming. But this whole thing reeks of Sony really having no clue what they're doing and/or what their consumers and fans really want. Hopefully this whole situation has opened their eyes at least a bit to that at the very least, if nothing else.

I would imagine lawsuits of some kind with a 'real' potential loss for Sony was the main issue for this reversal, more than anything.

Wow amazing news! (after they got some money out of panic-buyers)

Now please allow publishers to put PS3/Vita games on sale

Not that it matters to me anymore. 2 days ago I panic-bought the last Vita game I wanted to buy, and I haven't touched my PS3 & PSP in like 6 years.

Edited by peffsi

Top 10 Anime Plot Twists of 2021.

I already hyped myself up to make this the Summer of the Backlog and finish all the PS3 and Vita games I still care about so this news, while positive, isn't going to change my trophy hunting plans much. I do hope some of the games that skyrocketed in price on eBay will return to normal though. 

Well, that's good news for now. I fully expect this to rear it's head later on though, and I'll surely be considering buying games on PC over console from now on. At least there's comprehensive lists of everything that's exclusive and will be unavailable now, ready for the next time.

On the plus front, this whole debacle got me to fire up the PS3 and get everything installed and patched, and purchased a bunch of DLCs for games I've completed that I was intending to go back to at some point anyway. Don't see any time better than the present to get that PS3 backlog out the way at the very least. Not like I'll ever have a 100% profile with the amount of games I own with delisted DLCs (XCOM: EU, Kingdoms of Amalur, Space Marine, Bulletstorm...) so eh, if it's not a game I care about a bunch I'll just skip and take the loss at this point.

Also the UK selection of PS1 and PS2 classics is atrocious anyway, so not much help. Guess this is a good encouragement to get an emulator set up too.

43 minutes ago, Shinjiitsu said:

1. Yes..... People should have waited. For the love of God, we had four months to get the games we needed. If you were smart, you could have waited until July to purchase the games. Because there was always the possibility for the news to be overturned. This is why people should never impulse buy. 

2. There are articles already, and many threads praising Jim Ryan again. and countless amount of people on Twitter and Reddit praising him. So yea, I highly doubt they were being sarcastic.

Again, LOL.  

Couple of comments here: 

1. It was closer to 3 months, not 4.  Unless you're counting the first two days of July, we didn't have July to purchase games.  I would imagine that stability on the stores July 1 and 2 would've logically been poor due to the amount of people waiting until the last minute.

2. Speaking of waiting until the last minute, this is usually not the best approach in anything in life; in fact, it was something my parents always taught me not to do.  In this circumstance, it may have benefitted you to wait but what's the difference if you were going to purchase the content anyways?  Who's buying content they don't intend to use/play?

3. Articles praising Jim Ryan is NOT what most people are doing here.  The comments being made here, in general, are sarcastic.  Who's talking about Twitter or Reddit?  The person you commented on said nothing about those platforms.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Edited by Paperclip1776
formatting/wording
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Aridoyu said:

Definitely, a lot of the sought-out NA Vita games go for around $100-150 now.

Not even the rare ones, just Vita games in general.

I saw resistance burning skies going for $55 on ebay 

even the mediocre games are being price gouged 

• Like 1

YAY great news however I'm still going to buy the games I planned too as the PS3 store can still get terminated at some point in the future, so I'd rather just buy the games I want now so I don't have to later and I personally wouldn't wait for a sale that will never happen, as I seriously doubt any games will be on offer in the future so there is no point in waiting to be honest so just buy what you want.

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII