PS3 and Vita store will STAY ONLINE!!

kidson2004

38 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Jim Ryan isn’t bad. I like him. It was a legitimate business decision and I wouldn’t be mad if the store did shut down. I believe he is working on something massive such as full BC.

If he was working on full BC that'd be something that would've had to start as soon as he became leader and would sitll be in the works for years. Microsoft was working on it for ages, AND they didn't have to work with the cell processor which is notoriously troublesome for developers.

11 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

Now if we can only get them to sell us some more PS3 controllers! ? Got lots of quality games on my PS3 (SSX, Tomb Raider, ToeJam & Earl, etc.) but just need some more controllers to play them with! ?

Actually you can use a PS4 controller for those games on PS3 using a device called Mayflash Magic-NS Wireless Adapter. I have been using the device for PS3 games that don't support a PS4 controller. I have played Max Payne 3, Gran Turismo 5, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 1 & 2  and Sonic Unleashed all this past year with a PS4 controller. What a difference it makes, and it works very well.

Edited by x7251
  • Like 4

Thank goodness. Now I just have to worry about getting my hands on a Vita for a few PSP games for the moment-and can slowly buy everything else I want from those stores when I’m able. 

Maybe this means I have at least a year to buy everything I want for PS3 and Vita-and a year is a hell of a lot more doable than 2-3 months. 

I wonder what made them change their mind...

As someone stuck at home due to the effects of the pandemic affecting jobs and others, and is using PS3 to clear my backlog of games while looking for rare gems while bidding my time to get back on my feet financially soon, this is legit great news to wake up to. I was hoping not to panic buy the games and dlc I needed while being broke to support myself to be unable to before they're lost forever but now I don't have to, at least not for awhile. However, I took this as a caution in the past week or so to list the stuff I needed and cart them for future purchases in the instance I can work again, sorry for those who panic bought stuff though...

2 hours ago, Aridoyu said:

This is fantastic news!!

Although, I feel bad for a lot of people who just bought a ton of stuff. I just hope that PS3 and Vita prices will finally go back to normal.

I think that's what happened.  Everyone panic bought a bunch stuff and Sony was like, "Hey, money.  Let's keep it open for now."

• Like 1