PS3 and Vita store will STAY ONLINE!!

kidson2004

Id still take this as more of a delay of the inevidable more then anything because we still have mass delistings to worry about(some of those contracts have to be expiring soon). The stores may still close in 1-3 years so id still buy whatever you need from the vita/ps3 stores for when that day comes for real. Im just glad i have more time to buy whats left that i need as im still gonna be in a mostly ps3/vita only mode for the time being.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, x7251 said:

Actually you can use a PS4 controller for those games on PS3 using a device called Mayflash Magic-NS Wireless Adapter. I have been using the device for PS3 games that don't support a PS4 controller. I have played Max Payne 3, Gran Turismo 5, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 1 & 2  and Sonic Unleashed all this past year with a PS4 controller. What a difference it makes, and it works very well.

SO glad I randomly mentioned PS3 controllers in this thread! Thanks for the heads up, I will try one of these adapters out! ? I've bought a few PS3 controller knockoffs from Amazon and they keep unpairing or not accepting random inputs. Cheers

5 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

Id still take this as more of a delay of the inevidable more then anything because we still have mass delistings to worry about(some of those contracts have to be expiring soon). The stores may still close in 1-3 years so id still buy whatever you need from the vita/ps3 stores for when that day comes for real. Im just glad i have more time to buy whats left that i need as im still gonna be in a mostly ps3/vita only mode for the time being.

This is what people are forgetting, just because the store is staying doesn't mean the games will.

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

SO glad I randomly mentioned PS3 controllers in this thread! Thanks for the heads up, I will try one of these adapters out! 1f63b.png I've bought a few PS3 controller knockoffs from Amazon and they keep unpairing or not accepting random inputs. Cheers

I'll send you the link it's only $20 on Amazon, I highly recommend it. I haven't had any problems with it for the past year I have owned it. It is supposed to work for other devices as well like using a PS4 controller on a Nintendo Switch although I haven't tried that yet, because I don't own a Switch lol... 

• Like 1

Sweet, my manifestation spell worked with the help of all those people that united and spoke up! I was truly undecided on what to get before they decided to close the stores as I enjoy taking my time buying. They will eventually close the stores in the future so take this last chance once again to get what you need.

Now to start on that sale spell...✨

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

I thought this was going to be a sarcastic post! I'm literally stunned that Sony reversed this. I can't believe how happy I am at this news. To be fair I was all set and had made all my purchases but to have indefinitely more time (although I'm still suspicious) is just absolutely wonderful news. I was legitimately starting to sour on Sony after being a fanboy since the PS1 and exclusively having their systems. This is a big freaking deal to me. All hail Jim Ryan. I respect he feels he made a mistake and can admit it! Thank God my Vita can live on (no pun intended).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

My bet?  One or more of the devs they were screwing over by not saying a thing while still handing out dev kits for Vita actually threatened with legal action and they are making it look like they are appeasing the fans.

Like Lillymo?

I'm so glad for Colin and Barry's sake that they can continue.. if they haven't pulled the plug completely already.

Long Live Vita!

58 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

We are definitely going to see a big uptick of people platting PS3 and Vita games just to get that backlog cleared out now lol

Lots of people (including me) have been doing that since the store closure was announced. If anything, we'll see a decline now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

Like Lillymo?

I'm so glad for Colin and Barry's sake that they can continue.. if they haven't pulled the plug completely already.

Long Live Vita!

I would hope they would have kept any code that they already made.

However I can't see any devs taking the risk on vita development now. Any moment sony could pull the plug, if I was the indie devs I would not trust the vita store's existence anymore.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

34 sold.... holy shit.

e335dfb5c5f5093efffbd081125da27a757c103b.png

Meh, I’d guess many of those were sold before the shutdown announcement for a far more resonable price. Right after the announcement they were selling for $26 new on some sites (I checked). Hopefully they go back down in price soon. 

11 minutes ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

They still want to release the game. They're trying to contact Sony to learn the new cutoff date.

Link 1 https://twitter.com/LillymoGames/status/1384195570521100288

Link 2 https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/1384222308533817345

• Like 1

03/29/21 - One of the worst days of my entire life. Jim Ryan is still 100% to blame for this entire mess and he still needs to be fired immediately. It's going to take years just to undo all the damage that he's caused to the entire PlayStation community. 

04/19/21 - One of the best days of my entire life. All the diehard PlayStation gamers out there that put pressure on Sony to keep the PS3 & PS Vita stores open are 100% responsible for this turnaround. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. OX▢

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wavergray said:

The biggest back down since Microsoft tried to change the price of online.

That was one hundred percent a PR stunt. No better to pretend you're being consumer friendly than announcing you're raising the price of services then renge back on it after the outcry. You spend nothing and your brand gets a boost

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

I have several Vita games to buy but my credit card was constantly rejected... (Again, very weird issue because it can be used to buy game directly, just not for refilling the wallet)

Anyway, guess i still need to.

Kudos to SONY for making a good decision, once in a while..