Stand_User3

Jim Ryan Appreciation Thread

113 posts in this topic

Hmm... he's so bad that it got me to focus more on PC. Great job, Ryan.

27 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Thank you, Jim Ryan for (largely) reversing a decision you never should’ve made in the first place. 

Thank you for causing myself and countless others a ton of unnessesary stress (and likely putting some people in debt after they felt they had no other option but to panic buy during a pandemic).  

Now bring the old web store and our old wishlists back online and bring back sales for PS3 & Vita Games and I’ll actually say something positive.

Bring back all delisted DLC that is still inexplicably available in other regions and I’ll say very positive things (Looking at you LBP, LBP 2, and Dante’s Inferno-I’m sure there are countless other examples). Wish Brutal Legend’s DLC would come back too, but pretty sure it’s gone from everywhere-except maybe Xbox. 

Lol what the fuck kind of rhetoric is this? For anyone to spend non-disposable income on content where there was still over 2 months of leeway for changes to be made is just straight up fiscally irresponsible. I personally was certain Sony wouldn't reverse the decision but even I was holding off on buying anything until the final week before the proposed closure.

49 minutes ago, STRYKIE said:

Lol what the fuck kind of rhetoric is this? For anyone to spend non-disposable income on content where there was still over 2 months of leeway for changes to be made is just straight up fiscally irresponsible. I personally was certain Sony wouldn't reverse the decision but even I was holding off on buying anything until the final week before the proposed closure.

I mean I didn’t. Partially because I couldn’t (no way to access the store atm). Even I wasn’t planning on holding off that long though-thinking the servers would be down constantly by then because of everyone rushing to panic-buy at the last minute and I wouldn’t even be able to access it anymore. Plus, there were some things being pulled from the stores early with no warning given. Also, the constant instability with the store/errors with not being able to download purchased content-etc. The way Sony was handling this was, IMO, a clusterfuck in every possible way. 

I don’t blame anyone who bought everything they wanted early to avoid the possibility not being able to get it anymore later. Even if it meant being “fiscally irresponsible.”

I blame Sony for making a bunch of stupid and anti-consumer decisions. At least they seemingly realized they had made a stupid decision. Won’t help anyone who spent a ton of money on games thinking they’d be gone forever soon though. 

Posted (edited)

I love Jim Ryan. Who wouldn't?

He's such a fantastic CEO. A gamer. Who loves to game. Games. You know those things that are used in consoles. He does not know how to use them or even turn them on but he's trying.

And he gives such fantastic interviews. To everyone. Absolutely everyone, no other CEO gives so many interviews. And interesting ones. He's just sad he can't give one to Horse & Hound magazine. But Sony Pictures will surely buy the rights from Universal and a reprise will be made, perhaps, hopefully, Hugh Grant will even reprise too and will do the interview. And he'll be so happy. And so will I. And everyone.

And he'll just say how great the PS5 is and that is such a game changer. And it is. The PS5 is great. It's amazing. Such a game changer.

People should not complain he does not like old games. He's just slightly dumb sometimes. It's not his fault. But he's trying to learn. He deserves credit for it. He's really making a effort.

He'll love games.

On old consoles. Games on old consoles. Good idea.

It's just hard for him.

But he'll get there.

We should back him.

He's the best.

He's really smart.

He's not dumb.

He's a genius.

Can't understand how people say bad things of him. He's a saint. He should be a saint.

He's a winner.

Best CEO ever. Ever.

No one is better.

None.

Everything else is fake news.

I love Jim Ryan. I want him to be my otter half.

My significan otter.

I love Jim Ryan.

(Sorry to repeat, I'm just too emotional, this comes from the bottom of my heart)

Edited by cris3f

Ah, the ol' "walk back our own egregious decision for praise" technique! What a Chad! 😍

5 hours ago, Berendsapje said:

Jim Ryan is the one who saved us all from the lizard people back in 2020, which is why we didn't have the invasion back then. I heard he has even saved a shark from drowning.

I disagree! I just watched that episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark where the lizard people were going to invade after their eggs hatched and it was two kids who saved the world! lol Sharks can drown, though, oddly enough.

I hope really restart old store website to buy games ps3 and psvita. It's so easy to search games.

This thread reminded me that I wanted to check out Jack Ryan, the TV show thing like 2 years ago. And I'm not even kidding, it really did. 

Thanks you all! Or not, if it turns out to be crap. 

1 hour ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I disagree! I just watched that episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark where the lizard people were going to invade after their eggs hatched and it was two kids who saved the world! lol Sharks can drown, though, oddly enough.

Maybe one of those kids was the young Jim Ryan? 🤔

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Are we appreciating Jim Ryan because he reversed a decision he made after the backlash? 

50/50 

We're still pissed that his mindset was "Why would anyone play this?" Thinking that a better business strategy was to cut losses which is the PSP/PS3/Vita stores and put all efforts into the PS4 and PS5. Instead of thinking "Hey old titles are like old movies, everyone still likes to watch/play them!" 

But he did sort of redeem himself by listening to the fans and saying they were wrong. 

I want to know how much money they got from everyone panic buying to make Jim Ryan reverse and reflect on what they were about to do..

1 hour ago, Tiricy said:

I hope really restart old store website to buy games ps3 and psvita. It's so easy to search games.

Doubt it.. 

Leaving the stores open is enough to them. Highly doubt they're going to go back and undelete the store website. And if they can't bring it back then they're not going to waste time and money to building a new one. When you can just buy through consoles.

18 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Doubt it.. 

Leaving the stores open is enough to them. Highly doubt they're going to go back and undelete the store website. And if they can't bring it back then they're not going to waste time and money to building a new one. When you can just buy through consoles.

To be fair, the link for the old web store was fully functional until...about two weeks ago??? I think? If they wanted to bring it back, I’m 99% sure they still have the code/infrastructure to do so. But that’s a HUGE if. 

Thank you Jim Ryan for resigning as President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment.

thanks for reigniting a war with microsoft and losing us access to future bethesda titles!

The PSP store is still closing though, does that mean you can't buy PSP games on the Vita store anymore.

Not completely clear...

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Vauxhart said:

- The quality and quantity of the "Free" PS PLUS games got better.

Hard doubt on this. Not to mention taking away PS3 and Vita games and replacing them with nothing until PS5.

Oh boy I sure do love crappy generic zombie games!

I understand that even though this happened in 2019 the decision was made a year prior and isn’t his fault. However nothing has been added for the subscription that’s the same price or the increased price in other regions.

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The PSP store is still closing though, does that mean you can't buy PSP games on the Vita store anymore.

Not completely clear...

I’m thinking that has to be it. You can’t access the store on the PSP anymore. Not that I could even connect to the store anyway after I got my new router. The PSP doesn’t wanna recognise it for some reason.

Edited by Lianco

Posted (edited)

I'll appreciate his work if the old webstore somehow gets revived or something since the PS3 & PSVita stores are atrocious as F, otherwise nah.

Edited by milanbarca82

Well if I had to be unironic, I'd say props to his efforts in Europe during the seventh generation console era. Because of that, PS3 overtook the 360's cumulative sales.

I for one welcome our lord and savoir Jim Ryan. 

i've lost all respect for jim ryan because i don't like when people go back on their word. he can't be trusted.

Jim Ryan once helped me to across the street then gave me a copy of Gran Turismo 1, what a champ.

12 hours ago, Stand_User3 said:

I would like to start off by pointing at the success of the PS5.

Been about 6 months since release and they're still struggling to keep up with demand, to think this basically all happened because they were rushed out the damn door for christmas, now customers that actually want to purchase the damn console, can't.

Awesome, yeah real successful, at making scalpers money that is.

Excellent News! 

They probably realised they can still profit off the ps3 and vita stores, so it makes sense to keep them online. 

Glad it's staying up as there are games I want to play but didn't want to mass spend now. I can just slowly purchase games one by one without worrying. 

I'll resume my opinion in one single link:

Also, i thank him for giving us the PS Now service for the LATAM region (and also 2 gallons of milk and a bag of cookies). If he doesn't understand, i can translate that to spanish.