Stuck on two trophies

Hunter_Williams

I only have two left and I’ve spent hours on both. Welcome to The Show! (Get called up to the MLB Level) and Pitch Collector (During any plate appearance, see ten or more pitches).

I swear I’ve tried RTTS as a batter and as a pitcher both with great stats. It’s Spring 2030 and the majors haven’t called yet. Anyone have any tips?

For the 10 pitches, I’ve messed with the sliders so much. I’ll get 3 balls, 2 strikes, and I try to contact swing at balls and get a foul or two but eventually strike out. Is there a way to boost this with someone online??

Edited by Hunter_Williams
Added Links

2 hours ago, nightowl_80 said:

Yes you can get this trophy online.

Do you think this one would be easier to boost with someone online? Like if one person throws fastballs in the same spot the whole at-bar and you aim your swing at the same spot every time so you keep getting foul balls?

Edited by Hunter_Williams

On 4/19/2021 at 10:25 PM, Hunter_Williams said:

I only have two left and I’ve spent hours on both. Welcome to The Show! (Get called up to the MLB Level) and Pitch Collector (During any plate appearance, see ten or more pitches).

I swear I’ve tried RTTS as a batter and as a pitcher both with great stats. It’s Spring 2030 and the majors haven’t called yet. Anyone have any tips?

For the 10 pitches, I’ve messed with the sliders so much. I’ll get 3 balls, 2 strikes, and I try to contact swing at balls and get a foul or two but eventually strike out. Is there a way to boost this with someone online??

I was able to get the Pitch collector trophy last night just by playing a franchise game. Just keep trying. 

9 seasons and not called up? Is your overall/attributes still super low or something? I don't think I've ever done a RTTS season where it takes more than 2 maybe 3 years max.

For the 10 pitches, manipulate sliders to increase foul tendency/contact. Might be worth playing on higher difficulties so they throw more balls and just sit until 2 strikes and try to foul pitches off. This one should come eventually as long as you don't chase really bad pitches.

14 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Instead of starting a new thread, I will say I am going to be stuck with the 8 walks trophy. I have managed 2 in a game so far. Any tips other than being patient. I have switched up the sliders for computer pitchers.

I think Khain24’s tips on foul balls should help with this one too.  Sliders down for pitcher accuracy, sliders up for foul balls.

Also, you could always stage it so that you go to extra innings to allow for more opportunities.

10 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I think Khain24’s tips on foul balls should help with this one too.  Sliders down for pitcher accuracy, sliders up for foul balls.

Also, you could always stage it so that you go to extra innings to allow for more opportunities.

I have the sliders for accuracy turned down already. Maybe I just need to be more patient. Never been my strong point in these games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I have the sliders for accuracy turned down already. Maybe I just need to be more patient. Never been my strong point in these games.

You and me both.  I like to swing freely (get bored working the count).  I imagine you will take quite a few strikeouts (not swinging on borderline pitches) when going for the walks.

This could also be boosted in online if you are able to successfully match up with a friend.  I’d do it but need to get my hands on a ps5 first!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, djb5f said:

You and me both.  I like to swing freely (get bored working the count).  I imagine you will take quite a few strikeouts (not swinging on borderline pitches) when going for the walks.

This could also be boosted in online if you are able to successfully match up with a friend.  I’d do it but need to get my hands on a ps5 first!

I always tell myself to be more patient but it don't always work. Obviously I am going to have to try if I want to get this trophy.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:25 AM, Hunter_Williams said:

Having the same issue with RTTS.  

Pitch collector took me a while but I did some tuning. I put the human contact slider all the way down to zero and the foul frequency all the way up to max. I made my hitter have zero contact vs righties but 99 vision, and faced a righty pitcher with 0 K/9. I also turned down the pitcher's accuracy sliders to zero. I took pitches until two strikes and then did contact swings. Almost every time I hit the ball it was a foul ball. Also don't use quick counts, it doesn't work if you get to 10.

8 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Instead of starting a new thread, I will say I am going to be stuck with the 8 walks trophy. I have managed 2 in a game so far. Any tips other than being patient. I have switched up the sliders for computer pitchers.

For this one i used quick counts and turned the accuracy for CPU pitcher down to zero. I also played the AA trash pandas with the long ball beasts lol. 

23 hours ago, VengefulShark said:

Pitch collector took me a while but I did some tuning. I put the human contact slider all the way down to zero and the foul frequency all the way up to max. I made my hitter have zero contact vs righties but 99 vision, and faced a righty pitcher with 0 K/9. I also turned down the pitcher's accuracy sliders to zero. I took pitches until two strikes and then did contact swings. Almost every time I hit the ball it was a foul ball. Also don't use quick counts, it doesn't work if you get to 10.

For this one i used quick counts and turned the accuracy for CPU pitcher down to zero. I also played the AA trash pandas with the long ball beasts lol. 

Thanks. This did work for me and I got my 8 walks. I did it in a regular season franchise game.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:58 PM, VengefulShark said:

I edited my players and put a newly created pitcher with 0s across the board. Every time I press O to do my contact swing it always ends up being a hit. This is my first baseball game in 15 years so not sure what I am doing wrong. Any tips?

Edit: got the trophy. Had to turn up difficulty.

Edited by Bahamut3104
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 9:58 PM, VengefulShark said:

I'm struggling with this method, putting the ball in play every time. What difficulty were you using, does it matter?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pitch Collector is the most tedious trophy of the game.

Like others I set the sliders so the opposing pitcher had no stamina, no substitutions, bad accuracy etc etc, played as the NL All Stars against the AA Trash Pandas and started them off with their worst pitcher ... but it still took 5 games to get it to work. Some matches didn't result in a single walk at all.

It's just RNG. I'd get 5 walks in the first two innings then nothing for the rest of the game. In Retro I'd move my batter close to the plate to try and force the balls to hit the batter for an instant walk, but again, limited success.

May have just been the RNGness of it all, but the Exhibition game I got it in, the pitcher did start throwing more balls as they got tired. Ended up with 11 walks. But that was my fifth attempt. You could also try editing a team roster to make the opposing pitchers all zero stats.

Just set the sliders in your favour, do nothing, and hope it works. You'll get it eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

The trophy in getting called up to the majors during the regular season on MLB the Show 18 took several hours of tweaking. I’m hoping there is no trophy in MLB the Show 21 that is that annoying. 

I still have MLB the Show 20 to play. Decided to skip MLB the Show 19 because I’m not interested in having an incomplete sports game on my list. 

From the looks of things, 21’s list may be the easiest in the entire franchise.